PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy foodstuffs?

danielxcutter
2017-08-08, 10:48 PM
I've seen a thread or two for these in the past, but I'd like to see what you guys can come up with! I'd prefer things that are reasonably compatible between races, as well as not going to extremes for any race - I prefer it when elves eat things other than salads or vegan foods, and orcs actually cook.

BWR
2017-08-08, 11:40 PM
In what setting? That is the important question.

In a 'generic D&D' setting you will most likely have pretty much the same sort of stuff you can/could get hold of in the real world, like cows and chickens and pigs and cabbage, or whatever local plants and animals are appropriate to your location. I would not be surprised to find out that some characters, druids and rangers especially, have a 'you kill it you eat it' attitude, which would put more fantasy monsters on the menu. Does cockatrice taste like chicken?

danielxcutter
2017-08-11, 04:55 AM
In what setting? That is the important question.

In a 'generic D&D' setting you will most likely have pretty much the same sort of stuff you can/could get hold of in the real world, like cows and chickens and pigs and cabbage, or whatever local plants and animals are appropriate to your location. I would not be surprised to find out that some characters, druids and rangers especially, have a 'you kill it you eat it' attitude, which would put more fantasy monsters on the menu. Does cockatrice taste like chicken?

Well... I guess you've got a point. "Generic D&D setting" is usually the default.

TheCountAlucard
2017-08-11, 08:35 AM
Does cockatrice taste like chicken?While NetHack is hardly the final authority on the matter, I think they made it pretty clear that trying to find out is a Bad Idea. :smallwink:

Red Fel
2017-08-11, 09:40 AM
I've seen a thread or two for these in the past, but I'd like to see what you guys can come up with! I'd prefer things that are reasonably compatible between races, as well as not going to extremes for any race - I prefer it when elves eat things other than salads or vegan foods, and orcs actually cook.

First, I would look for real-world cultural and regional analogues. That is, if a foodstuff is readily available in, say, a desert or mountain steppe or fertile river basin in real life, any fantasy race or subrace living in such a region would likely dine on that foodstuff in a similar manner. So, much like fish tends to be a staple food for any real-world society living on or near rivers or oceans, one would expect it to be a staple for, say, Merfolk, Sea Elves, Krynn Minotaurs, and so forth. Likewise, if a race lives in a mountainous area where arable land is at a premium, expect them to eat more of, say, rice than wheat.

Next, I would look at the race's priorities. What do they value? For instance, Elves value bowmanship (bow-elve-ship?). One would expect they wouldn't only hone their skills with archery targets - they probably hunt. Which means they have ample recipes for venison, boar, and other hunted animals. Gnomes are frequently distracted or diverted with a particular task, and as such would prefer foodstuffs that are quick and convenient, such as jerky or other easy-snacking type foods, so that they could devote their attention to the task instead of to eating. And while Orcs are generally violent and bloodthirsty, I imagine a lot of that sentiment is saved for combat. Combat is special, and fighting an enemy is not the same as eating a meal - I'd expect that nutrition comes first, as opposed to "watch me be awesome and eat this boar leg raw you guys." Which suggests a more balanced diet, albeit one based more on what they pillage than what they farm for themselves.

Consider also the style of eating. Sure, everyone thinks of Elves as having fantastical feats around long tables in vast halls, but that's just the nobles; an Elven home meal would probably be much humbler. By contrast, some lore reveals that Orcs are surprisingly family- and community-oriented, which would suggest revelries around a campfire, storytellers entertaining the children while the adults eat and drink and laugh heartily.

Lastly, I'd extrapolate seasoning based on the diet and spices available in the region. For example, I'd expect that while the average Elven meal of venison might be somewhat dry, a fancier meal would involve a fruity glaze, based on the availability of fruits and berries in your average forest. For Halflings, who often raise beasts, access to dairy means more cheese in meals, and perhaps dairy deserts, like berries and cream. And while Orcs may not be agrarian, they are likely capable foragers; it seems probable that they could scavenge spices in the wild, resulting in some flavorful and hot dishes.

Storm_Of_Snow
2017-08-11, 09:43 AM
A lot of it's probably going to be variations on existing food types, but with ingredients from what's locally available - for example, if you've got a Lost World-type island, people will be eating meat from dinosaurs rather than cattle. Only the rich and the nobility would be able to have foodstuffs moved long distances (perhaps those hunters employed on their behalf go out with something like a basilisks eye on the end of a wand - with a cover of course), so they can preserve it for it's long journey, and someone de-petrifies it when it arrives at it's destination).

I prefer it when elves eat things other than salads or vegan foods,
Well, maybe Drow like their steaks rare or even blue, and Wood Elves likely hunt to prevent invasive species getting a foothold and to keep the numbers of herbivores and carnivores in balance. And even if High Elves don't eat meat from cattle (I'd say they do, but they mostly import it already processed from other races rather than slaughter and butcher it themselves), they might still eat fish and other seafood and/or fowl (eg, game birds such as grouse and pheasant - which would help explain their skills at archery if they're able to hit relatively small fast moving targets).

and orcs actually cook.
The Gourmet from Skyrim doesn't count? :smallamused:

khadgar567
2017-08-11, 10:47 AM
you know its kinda culture thing so you can pull society were drow meat is delicacy where nobles pay big bucks to have live drow captured so they can torture and eat it

Scripten
2017-08-11, 11:57 AM
One of my favorites, at least among Western players, is to introduce them to arthropods as food, since we tend not to eat any but crustaceans normally. Especially when you take giant varieties of insects into account, there's no reason why a single giant wasp or spider, for example, couldn't be the centerpiece of a fancy meal.

Non-standard flavor profiles and eating schedules often lend an air of fantasy, as well. Describing a culture's stews as heavily spiced and colorful generates a totally different picture than talking about hearty, savory stews, despite the meals being essentially the same. That halflings eat six to eight small meals throughout the day informs their dishes just like the sporadic mealtimes that nomadic races have to adopt would theirs.

Guizonde
2017-08-11, 11:57 AM
A lot of it's probably going to be variations on existing food types, but with ingredients from what's locally available - for example, if you've got a Lost World-type island, people will be eating meat from dinosaurs rather than cattle. Only the rich and the nobility would be able to have foodstuffs moved long distances (perhaps those hunters employed on their behalf go out with something like a basilisks eye on the end of a wand - with a cover of course), so they can preserve it for it's long journey, and someone de-petrifies it when it arrives at it's destination).

Well, maybe Drow like their steaks rare or even blue, and Wood Elves likely hunt to prevent invasive species getting a foothold and to keep the numbers of herbivores and carnivores in balance. And even if High Elves don't eat meat from cattle (I'd say they do, but they mostly import it already processed from other races rather than slaughter and butcher it themselves), they might still eat fish and other seafood and/or fowl (eg, game birds such as grouse and pheasant - which would help explain their skills at archery if they're able to hit relatively small fast moving targets).

The Gourmet from Skyrim doesn't count? :smallamused:

i can't remember in which universe it was, but i've a definite and very real memory of reading that would elves were anthropophages to protect their holy forests. judging by the grimdark, i'll hazard a guess at warhammer (yes, with pointed teeth and everything., you take an arrow to the face, and get roasted on a spit).

dominic deegan had herbivorous orcs which was awesome and very genre-breaking, especially since they also forewent the typical barbarian and swapped it out with a pretty strong native american shamanic and nomadic vibe.

i'd argue for dnd that a lot of meals would be sweet and savory: half sweet and half salty. most medieval european dishes are (candied venison comes to mind. delicious, btw). for humans at least, honey, treacle, sugar, and sweeteners were as much an ingredient as salt and onions. lamb or mutton are still very often paired with berries or other fruits, and it's not necessarily a high-born thing either. a lot of surviving medieval and renaissance recipes from the low to the high class are pretty much meat and fruit in equal parts. very little frying in favor of stews and grilling, overcooking meat (rare meat is a recent development, turns out as late as the 19th century), boiled roots (turnips, carrots, parsnip), and depending on where you are, of course, olive oil over butter and vice versa.

eggs in all their forms are often overlooked, but hardboiled eggs are still a very common foodstuff for camping and hiking, so don't underestimate their importance to a player party. quaill eggs are a delicacy that can be foraged, and of course a typical ostrich egg feeds comfortably a family of 5 on its own. in the case of dinosaurs, it can get ludicrous. snakes are not a part of european cuisine, but are in asia and the americas, so in the words of a hunter i met:

"if it's got a mouth on one end and an ass on the other, there's good eating in between".

eel pie was a staple food in mid-19th century london, if you go oop north to yorkshire *deep breath*: shepherd's pie, kidney pie, yorkshire pie and pudding, steak and ale pie, lancashire pie, fruit pie, meat pie, pie pie... pastries are very important too.

avoid serving water, prefer wine or small beer. our strong as hell wines of today are once again a very recent development. most wine before was around the 5% abv, which boils down to refining manufacturing to obtain the 14+% red wines of southwestern france and northern spain. medieval beer was pretty much english ale. few bubbles, low alcohol content, unfiltered, and grain-flavored. if that's not to your taste, trappist beers from belgium (orval abbey and hoegaarden abbeys are both still in production and have been with unchanged recipes for over 700 years iirc). avoid tea and coffee unless that is available, same goes for chocolate. boiled leaves, roots, tree bark are fair game though (chamomille, ginger, mint leaves, verbena, valerian).

weeds are tasty, too. dandelion in particular is a wild salad (very bitter like cooked endives, i advise adding some garlic and sweet mustard to the vinaigrette). i know a few others but i don't know the translation in french, let alone english (stupid local occitan names). i can identify them, and when camping i always forage a few to make "hiking salad". despite having access to a much larger selection of foods today, here in the old world people have forgotten all that's edible in the forests.

hope this helps. i gotta go eat now.

Max_Killjoy
2017-08-11, 12:50 PM
medieval beer was pretty much english ale. few bubbles, low alcohol content, unfiltered, and grain-flavored. if that's not to your taste, trappist beers from belgium (orval abbey and hoegaarden abbeys are both still in production and have been with unchanged recipes for over 700 years iirc).

Trappist beers are wonderful (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trappist_beer).

souridealist
2017-08-11, 04:31 PM
You might like this gallery (http://imgur.com/gallery/BWnHF) - someone made actual mock-ups for your basic/human trail rations, plus ones for elves, dwarves, halflings, half-orcs, full orcs, gnomes, lizardfolk, and drow. It's awesome and makes me really hungry.

Mechalich
2017-08-11, 06:26 PM
Foodstuffs are going to depend most heavily on things like civilization level and climate, which dictate both what potential foodstuffs are available and what the caloric base is going to be. Most fantasy species of the humanoid type are going to have a mostly human metabolism and therefore are going to all eat similar things. A good example of this: Skyrim, where all the people are eating the same stuff because they all live within a fairly narrow ecoregion.

The big exception to this, of course, is any species you have that contains obligate carnivores that simply cannot process a diet containing large quantities of grain or vegetables. Species that must primarily consume meat are going to face severe limitations on population density and will probably never develop above a pastoralist existence.

The other key thing to consider is how the presence of fantasy creatures may have altered the local ecology, or potentially how the various fantasy species may have done so themselves. For instance, in order to live in forests at a high density, elves must have developed some sort of alternative agricultural methods that allow them to grow foodstuffs in the canopy. For example: if giant arthropods are abundant you need to consider how they function as a food source: they may actually be ideal, since arthropods are nominally exothermic and have better water retention than mammals, allowing you to have incredible pastoral efficiency if you can herd giant crickets or something. Any other bizarre creatures that for a significant portion of the ecology need similar treatment.

Mastikator
2017-08-12, 03:56 AM
You might like this gallery (http://imgur.com/gallery/BWnHF) - someone made actual mock-ups for your basic/human trail rations, plus ones for elves, dwarves, halflings, half-orcs, full orcs, gnomes, lizardfolk, and drow. It's awesome and makes me really hungry.

The amethyst looks especially delicious.

Svata
2017-08-12, 05:47 AM
i can't remember in which universe it was, but i've a definite and very real memory of reading that would elves were anthropophages to protect their holy forests. judging by the grimdark, i'll hazard a guess at warhammer (yes, with pointed teeth and everything., you take an arrow to the face, and get roasted on a spit).

Not sure if its what you're recalling, but the wood elves of Tamriel (elder scrolls series) would commonly eat other humanoids. For various reasons I cannot recall due to having been awake for 20 hours straight right now.

Also, Red Fel's post was awesome.

Mastikator
2017-08-12, 05:53 AM
Not sure if its what you're recalling, but the wood elves of Tamriel (elder scrolls series) would commonly eat other humanoids. For various reasons I cannot recall due to having been awake for 20 hours straight right now.

Also, Red Fel's post was awesome.

It's the bosmer who do that. When they kill a living being they're not allowed to let any of its body go to waste, it must all be consumed or used for production.
Including people.

Most of them avoid killing in all circumstances for this reason. I guess a few use it as an excuse?

Guizonde
2017-08-12, 07:36 AM
It's the bosmer who do that. When they kill a living being they're not allowed to let any of its body go to waste, it must all be consumed or used for production.
Including people.

Most of them avoid killing in all circumstances for this reason. I guess a few use it as an excuse?

thank you very much. it's most definitely by the bosmer (although i still think the warhammer wood elves do that), and i loved some concept artwork by the elder scrolls showing very feral bosmer. last time i rolled up a bosmer in skyrim, she was as feral as possible: clothing, weaponry, tactics, and of course werewolf to allow her to snack on victims (also i roleplayed her as a pure carnivore, so no eating vegetables).

funnily enough, using the reasoning of being close to nature, would anyone authorize a druid of being an anthropophage? i know i would, but then again, i mostly role-play in a setting where ritual cannibalism is the shtick (and funerary rites) of a culture.

Svata
2017-08-12, 10:52 AM
Including people.

Yes. The bosmer. Known in the common tongue of men as Wood Elves. But thank you for clarification on the reason. Just wish you hadn't implied that I was wrong about who it was that does it at the beginning.

thank you very much. it's most definitely by the bosmer (although i still think the warhammer wood elves do that), and i loved some concept artwork by the elder scrolls showing very feral bosmer. last time i rolled up a bosmer in skyrim, she was as feral as possible: clothing, weaponry, tactics, and of course werewolf to allow her to snack on victims (also i roleplayed her as a pure carnivore, so no eating vegetables).

It always made the Ring of Namira quest kinda silly if you were playing a wood elf. (Paraphrasing) "give in to your darkest desires, feast on this piece of a sentient being's flesh." Lady, I've been snacking on the flesh of sentient beings since I was a friggin toddler, now shut up and give it, I'm starved, I haven't eaten since those five cheese wheels, seven apples, and three steaks I had an hour ago.

Storm_Of_Snow
2017-08-14, 06:02 AM

Guess it depends on your definition of an invasive species. :smallwink:

snakes are not a part of european cuisine, but are in asia and the americas, so in the words of a hunter i met:

"if it's got a mouth on one end and an ass on the other, there's good eating in between".

Put Crocodile and Alligator on the list as well. The Romans had dormice on the menu, guinea pigs are eaten in South America, you can probably farm rats, plus you've got game animals like rabbit and hare.

eel pie was a staple food in mid-19th century london,
Still has a place in the diets of the east end of London along with things like Jellied Eels and especially Pie, Mash and Liquor - which is broth made from the liquid used to cook the eels rather than alcohol, although it's not as prevalent as it was even into the 1960s and thanks to immigration into the area, other food styles have a good foothold - Brick Lane in particular is well known for the sheer number of curry houses along it.

if you go oop north to yorkshire *deep breath*: shepherd's pie, kidney pie, yorkshire pie and pudding, steak and ale pie, lancashire pie, fruit pie, meat pie, pie pie...

Aside from kidneys, you've got other animal products like liver, tripe, sweetbreads (which includes ovaries and testicles), bone marrow, trotters, tongue, tail, plus things like haggis and blood pudding. And IIRC, Yorkshire was one of the last places in the UK to have horsemeat generally available (known as Kicker).

And if it lactates, someone's tried to make cheese using the milk.

weeds are tasty, too. dandelion in particular is a wild salad (very bitter like cooked endives, i advise adding some garlic and sweet mustard to the vinaigrette). i know a few others but i don't know the translation in french, let alone english (stupid local occitan names). i can identify them, and when camping i always forage a few to make "hiking salad". despite having access to a much larger selection of foods today, here in the old world people have forgotten all that's edible in the forests.

hope this helps. i gotta go eat now.
Plus burdock, nettles (soup), borage, hops (beer), samphire and seaweed if you're coastal, plus your various herbs, fungi and berries, edible flowers, tapping trees for sugary sap and so on.

TheCountAlucard
2017-08-14, 07:07 AM
The human race on this planet has been like a baby that lives for thousands of years, sticking everything around into its mouth to learn about it.

LibraryOgre
2017-08-14, 10:46 AM
Hackmaster has 2 fantasy drinks as standard equipment, reasonably avaialable.

Honey Brew is a lager made with herbs and honey; each glass heals 1d4-2 HP, to a maximum of 5 HP per day. Given how Hackmaster healing works without magic, this is fantastic.

Liver Squeezings is made from the liver of a female owlbear, and restores 1d6 HP per drink, with no maximum. However, for every drink after the first, there's a 20% cumulative chance you'll go blind for 3d4p days. You can safely have one glass a month without worrying about going blind.

spinningdice
2017-08-14, 10:59 AM
I've eaten dandelions upon occasion, usually deep fried in batter and dipped in some form of sauce.

A Dragon Magazine at one point had Drow consuming spiders in various forms, both accidentally (spiders falling into baking etc) and intentionally.

Guizonde
2017-08-14, 11:44 AM
Guess it depends on your definition of an invasive species. :smallwink:

"it's not xenophobia if it's on the menu!"

Put Crocodile and Alligator on the list as well. The Romans had dormice on the menu, guinea pigs are eaten in South America, you can probably farm rats, plus you've got game animals like rabbit and hare.

most reptiles and amphibians come to think of it. turtle soup, tortoise roast, frog legs... rabbit is very tasty, if nutritionnally uninteresting (look up rabbit starvation, it was a real threat during the exploration of north america).

Still has a place in the diets of the east end of London along with things like Jellied Eels and especially Pie, Mash and Liquor - which is broth made from the liquid used to cook the eels rather than alcohol, although it's not as prevalent as it was even into the 1960s and thanks to immigration into the area, other food styles have a good foothold - Brick Lane in particular is well known for the sheer number of curry houses along it.

i didn't know that, since i don't eat fish and don't like spending time in london. i did know about curry houses and what i call "food alleys". every major city has at least one that's filled to the brim with restaurants of all sorts.

Aside from kidneys, you've got other animal products like liver, tripe, sweetbreads (which includes ovaries and testicles), bone marrow, trotters, tongue, tail, plus things like haggis and blood pudding. And IIRC, Yorkshire was one of the last places in the UK to have horsemeat generally available (known as Kicker).

waitaminute. horse meat is not eaten anymore in england? it's a bit more rare today, but horse is definitely still eaten in france, but like venison or game, it's a very strong tasting meat, so it's not for everyone.

iirc, shepherd's pie is pretty much all the innards of a sheep or lamb in a pie crust. delicious, too, if repulsive to a culture that doesn't eat organs. reminds me when i conned an american friend into eating duck hearts on a stick. he loved it, until i revealed what he ate. i loves me some organs, especially in pâté form. except veal liver and andouillette, of all things. one is way too sweet for my palate, the other i don't like at all.

And if it lactates, someone's tried to make cheese using the milk.

i dunno about cheese, but i remember a few years back a londonian café offering ice cream made from human milk as a publicity stunt, which was as scandalous as it was overpriced (according to the news reports).

Plus burdock, nettles (soup), borage, hops (beer), samphire and seaweed if you're coastal, plus your various herbs, fungi and berries, edible flowers, tapping trees for sugary sap and so on.

nettle salad and hop stew as well. americans love their beef stew with hops, corn, and carrots in it, maybe it was a virginian thing, but i've very fond memories of that dish. i've never eaten nettles in any form yet, but i've eaten watercress, radish greens, garlic/ ramsons, onion, spinach, and wild asparagus in both salad and soup form. personal favorite is wild asparagus salad with radish greens soup a close second.

burdock i don't think i ever ingested outside of cordial, dandelion and burdock, to be exact. elderberry/elderflower is great too.

The human race on this planet has been like a baby that lives for thousands of years, sticking everything around into its mouth to learn about it.

we're extreme omnivores. hell, we've evolved ways of digesting things we shouldn't be able to eat, like cellulose. coeliac's disease is a vestige of when we hadn't evolved our digestive system to eat grasses, but since we evolved that ability, it probably means our ancestors had so little to eat they were forced to eat grass and hard plant matter.

Max_Killjoy
2017-08-14, 11:51 AM
Extreme omnivores indeed. Spicy and bitter plants evolved to keep from being eaten because most mammals hate feeling like their mouths are on fire, and bitterness is often a poison signal, which was being mimicked. And yet many humans have deliberately tracked down spicy or bitter plants for various uses.

Guizonde
2017-08-14, 12:02 PM
Extreme omnivores indeed. Spicy and bitter plants evolved to keep from being eaten because most mammals hate feeling like their mouths are on fire, and bitterness is often a poison signal, which was being mimicked. And yet many humans have deliberately tracked down spicy or bitter plants for various uses.

i may have to quote you next time i get complaints from my 6-gun chili con carne. it only managed to oxydize the spoon, not burn it through (despite what my friends insisted it did to their stomachs)!

also, shall we talk about vinegar and alcohol in general? those things are pretty much poison to lower life forms, and i've seen a boar getting drunk on spoiled plums. hilarious, until the thing tore down a fence. guess boars are angry drunks.

Storm_Of_Snow
2017-08-15, 04:21 AM
waitaminute. horse meat is not eaten anymore in england? it's a bit more rare today, but horse is definitely still eaten in france, but like venison or game, it's a very strong tasting meat, so it's not for everyone.

No, and there was a huge furore a few years ago when it was discovered horse meat was getting included in preprepared meals (mainly because it wasn't being labelled as such as it entered the supply chain, so it raised issues about what exactly people are eating in a more general sense - wiki article here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_horse_meat_scandal), but there was also a bit of a movement in the immediate aftermath by some of the celebrity chefs to get it back on the menu.

Venison seems to be generally available in the UK now, and I've also seen things like Ostrich and Kangaroo on sale (and yes, I gave them a try :smallamused: ).

iirc, shepherd's pie is pretty much all the innards of a sheep or lamb in a pie crust. delicious, too, if repulsive to a culture that doesn't eat organs.

Never heard of it as sheep offal, AFAIK it's supposed to be minced lamb/mutton (with a cottage pie being minced beef), and there's no pastry, just a layer of mashed potato. Haggis is based on sheep offal though (specifically the liver, heart and lungs, and the casing is made from it's stomach).

Actually, mutton's a meat that's really declined in the UK as well, I'd guess mainly because of cheaper lamb from places like New Zealand in the 70s and 80s. And I guess we should add goat onto the list too, although in the UK, that seems to be mostly in the Caribbean émigré communities.

spinningdice
2017-08-15, 06:30 AM
I actually think that the main issue with the horse-meat scandal was because it wasn't food-rated horse-meat. Personally I wouldn't have any objections to at least trying it.

I've also never seen Shepherds or Cottage pie containing offal (though who knows what's in cheap mince), and both always have a potato topping not a crust. Otherwise it's just a meat pie.

Slightly off topic, if you want to get detailed, regional names for food can get fun. Across the UK the same item (a common round lump of bread) is known as a bap, bun, breadcake, barm, teacake, stottie, buttie, and probably a fair few more. And if you use the wrong name in the wrong place you just get blank stares. I'm not even taking about across great distances either, two towns 10 mile apart will use different terms in some cases.
In games I try to apply this principal to monsters too.

War_lord
2017-08-15, 08:23 AM
The issue with the horse meat wasn't so much the cultural taboo, although that was part of it. More that it was undeclared meat that could have come from anywhere, and could have easily been contaminated with drugs that are not for human consumption. In the EU at least, all meat is meant to meet certain standards and be traceable right back to the supplier (provenance). Horsemeat of unknown origin passed off as beef obviously violates those rules. So the controversy was more that there was this massive collusion going on and that it could have been a huge health hazard.

I found it rather ridiculous that people were surprised personally. I mean Tesco value burgers are something like 4 for €1.50, and that's with the supermarket's cut no way they aren't cutting some very disgusting corners to sell meat that cheap.

Pugwampy
2017-08-15, 09:41 AM
Goblin turd soup anyone ?

khadgar567
2017-08-15, 10:33 AM
i dont think its gonna be edible for regular folk

Pugwampy
2017-08-15, 10:50 AM
i dont think its gonna be edible for regular folk

What kind of a cheap half orc tavern do you think i am running here ?

You just need to beat a 15 on your CON check.

khadgar567
2017-08-15, 11:28 AM
What kind of a cheap half orc tavern do you think i am running here ?

You just need to beat a 15 on your CON check.
you gotta be kidding me right dc 15 con save just to eat that sludge of yours no thanks gonna charm some noble so atleast it worth the cantrip

LibraryOgre
2017-08-15, 01:04 PM
Slice onion, crush garlic, peel chestnuts and cut boar into tiny cubes. In a greatpot over a large flame, heat oil; when it begins to smell hot, toss in the elk feces, then pour in horse urine. Mmmmmm... can you smell great food already?
Maybe use different stuff for stew if boar is not available. Flesh of genies from tomb would work well. Could use wolfmen in west dungeon. Hmmm. If only I could avoid air monster in the well, then the well treasure would be MINE! Then could buy any stuff for stew I wanted!

Orc cuisine is flavorful, with a robust nose.

GungHo
2017-08-15, 01:06 PM

You won the thread, you filthy animal.