PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Tabaxi Ranger / Forge Cleric - What Deity?

jaappleton
2017-08-09, 11:35 AM
So I'm making a Ranger 5 / Forge Cleric 1, and I have NO idea what to pick for a Deity. Any ideas? He's not going any further into Cleric than that one level.

Easy_Lee
2017-08-09, 11:38 AM
Would any of Gond, Reorx, Onatar, Moradin, Hephaestus, or Goibhniu work for you?

Crgaston
2017-08-09, 11:39 AM
Rogainus... Patron of hair (fur) regrowth

:smalltongue:

Naanomi
2017-08-09, 11:54 AM
Setting? Hard to suggest Gods without it

jaappleton
2017-08-09, 11:59 AM
Setting? Hard to suggest Gods without it

Custom, though any official deity works. Hoping for FR, since that's where Tabaxi are from.

Closest I can get to where I don't have to explain much is Onatar, I think.

Naanomi
2017-08-09, 12:14 PM
Custom, though any official deity works. Hoping for FR, since that's where Tabaxi are from.

Closest I can get to where I don't have to explain much is Onatar, I think.
They predate FR, but havn't been used in many other settings prominently.

Maybe a Maztican God? Plutoq, Quotal, Tezcal... there are also Tabaxi in Zakhara so... Zann? Kossuth is also someone to consider

jaappleton
2017-08-09, 12:49 PM
They predate FR, but havn't been used in many other settings prominently.

Maybe a Maztican God? Plutoq, Quotal, Tezcal... there are also Tabaxi in Zakhara so... Zann? Kossuth is also someone to consider

While a Maztican deity certainly makes sense, I was hoping to not use one.

Two reasons:

1. Honestly? There's very little written about them. Very little to work with.

2. Despite Tabaxi being from Maztica, mine is several generations removed. Raised in a city, etc. Although being a Ranger, he's more along the lines of a Bounty Hunter.

Due to that, I'm leaning toward Gond.

My Tabaxi has the Crossbow Expert feat and utilizes a hand crossbow. Visually, its almost revolver-esque, like some sort of a repeating crossbow. I figure that's a good way to explain away the feat's ignoring of the reloading property of the hand crossbow, and a way to utilize the creation aspect of Forge Domain.

Does Gond fit the best, considering that?