PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Occult Flavored Feats without Occult Rules

Wartex1
2017-08-09, 12:35 PM
My GM is running an Occult-themed campaign, but because nobody is using an Occult class, she decided that we weren't actually using any of the Occult rules, but I'm still trying to add flavor to my character.

I'm going with a Zen Archer Monk (because I'm an indecisive fool), and I was going to take Psychic Sensitivity, but since I can't now, what feats would you recommend that would add a similar level of flavor to make the Monk more of a "Psychic" type of deal?

Psyren
2017-08-09, 12:46 PM
Just fluff your ki pool as being psychic potential, then swap in Qinggong powers (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo-monk-archetypes/qinggong-monk/) wherever you can. (You should be doing that anyway.)

Wartex1
2017-08-09, 01:07 PM
That was the plan, but now I have a feat open I was reserving for flavor that I'm trying to find another flavorful feat for (or I could just go with Improved Initiative, but that's boring).

Wartex1
2017-08-09, 04:04 PM
I think I found the feat. At first I was thinking Gruesome transformation, but that wouldn't fit a Monk too well, plus it's a Monster Feat, but I did find a particular feat from the Haunted Heroes Handbook called Spirit Ridden. Essentially, it allows you to temporarily gain a bunch of skill points in a single class skill that you can swap daily.