PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Nature Sorcerer Subclass

demonslayerelf
2017-08-09, 05:20 PM
Hello all, it's me again! I'm back this time with a subclass for the Sorcerer.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SybhB5WKwW

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Sariel Vailo
2017-08-10, 09:59 AM
Intresting just intresting

zeek0
2017-08-10, 03:35 PM
Hm. Cool.

I would just make a new shapeshifting feature, instead of tying everything to alter self. The change appearance option doesn't really fit the class.

I'm also uncertain where this subclass is supposed to be. With unrestrained alter self, you have some natural melee weapons, but as a caster you aren't cut out for melee otherwise.

Some Advanced Altering bits are made redundant by Wild Shape - I could just transform into a mole or bloodhound to get those benefits.

I really like the usd of wildshape in a sorcerer, and your expanded spell list.

demonslayerelf
2017-08-10, 03:52 PM
Hm. Cool.

I would just make a new shapeshifting feature, instead of tying everything to alter self. The change appearance option doesn't really fit the class.

I'm also uncertain where this subclass is supposed to be. With unrestrained alter self, you have some natural melee weapons, but as a caster you aren't cut out for melee otherwise.

Some Advanced Altering bits are made redundant by Wild Shape - I could just transform into a mole or bloodhound to get those benefits.

I really like the usd of wildshape in a sorcerer, and your expanded spell list.

To the first part, what exactly would you recommend? I mean, Alter Self is already there, has multiple options, etc.

I suppose the subclass is the equivalent of the Warlock's Pact of the Blade, especially at level 6 and after(Since you can then use a Multiattack in Wild Shape.) A bit more versatile than other sorcerers, but trading off a bit of magical power.

To the point of Advanced Altering, that's true, but, would you use your once/day Wild Shape for 5 minutes of tracking, digging, etc? Or, at 14th level, would you like to be a mole with the nose of a blood hound, or a blood hound with the burrowing of a mole?

Lastly, thank you.