PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Monk (Alita)

j_spencer93
2017-08-10, 01:16 AM
So I sort of had an idea for an NPC based on Alita Battle Angel manga. A warforged with monk levels, up to 10. However, everything i put together looks boring. Focusing on quickness mainly.
And ideas like items or feats would be appreciated.

sightlessrealit
2017-08-10, 06:07 AM
So I sort of had an idea for an NPC based on Alita Battle Angel manga. A warforged with monk levels, up to 10. However, everything i put together looks boring. Focusing on quickness mainly.
And ideas like items or feats would be appreciated.

Using a Warforged kinda works. I'v been using Barbarian(Yeah I know Alita is more refined than that but it's kinda meant for her overwhelming strength). Without a doubt though if you do alita, especially Last Order you have to go Soul Knife Mystic. You can fluff the soul knives to be damascus blades. I also use Variant Human to take the Brawny feat. It really adds to the super human factor.

Monk though works & it shou either be that or barbarian that you take to level five.

j_spencer93
2017-08-10, 11:19 AM
Never thought of soul knife. Also, i got into the series with last order...man that was odd for a 10 year old lmao. I may dip 1 in Barbarian for the rage ability but prob not anymore because, I agree with your stance, on either using Barbarian or Monk to 5th.
If i were to add Soul Knife what is a good cut off point? Have to relook but if they get disciplines then the adaptive body and similar would be great, as her body ends up getting regenerating abilities.

sightlessrealit
2017-08-10, 03:49 PM
Never thought of soul knife. Also, i got into the series with last order...man that was odd for a 10 year old lmao. I may dip 1 in Barbarian for the rage ability but prob not anymore because, I agree with your stance, on either using Barbarian or Monk to 5th.
If i were to add Soul Knife what is a good cut off point? Have to relook but if they get disciplines then the adaptive body and similar would be great, as her body ends up getting regenerating abilities.

Well you're at level 10 already right?

So, you won't really be able to fully flesh out the Soul Knife Part but, I'd go either 3 or 5. 3 If you just wanna get to the +4 Soul knives, Fifth if you want a decent chunk of Psi Points & 3 Disciplines Total.

As for what Disciplines, it's surprisingly difficult to choose. Cause so many of them work well for what Gally can do. But one thing is for sure. You need Mastery of Fire. Cause having Plasma is one of her trademarks.

j_spencer93
2017-08-10, 04:17 PM
Its for an NPC that is being made like a PC. She will commonly appear in the campaign, and as long as she does not die, she will become a reoccurring character.
Also, i forgot her plasma! Geez, now i have to redo her.

Unless i am misunderstand, couldnt i four four elements monk, take fangs of the fire snake and use to to do a fire unarmed strike and add the brute force abilities to it?