PDA

View Full Version : Enchantment/Face Sorcerer Advice? (not Kitsune Race)

Reprimand
2017-08-10, 12:55 PM
I wanted to come up with the best possible Enchantment optimized sorcerer without using the kitsune race. We are using all paizo printed books as long as we run it past the DM. I wanted to stick with human for the extra skill point + feat and +2 to any stats.

I'm thinking about infernal as a bloodline gives +2 to charm spell DCs because the character is against using a sledge hammer to pick a lock and likes to exhaust all mundane and subtle means of control before resorting to domination or more obvious effects. making someone think something the caster wanted was there own idea is one of the more satisfying forms of control.

These are my rolls for stats

18 18 16 15 14 10 I was thinking
10 str
16 dex
15 con
14 wisdom
18 int
20 charisma + 1 for level.

I'm starting at level 4

I'm thinking these for feat: Deceitful, Spell Focus: Enchantment, Subtle Enchantments.

Traits to give me Perception and sense motive as class skills. For social defences.

Bluff Max (social offense)
Diplomacy max (social offense)
Perception Max (social defence)
Sense Motive (social defence)
Spellcraft (magic defence)
Fly (late game mobility)

Any advice for spells or later feats.

I'm taking human racial class bonus for extra spells known.

Florian
2017-08-10, 01:55 PM
Have you thought about going for Enchanting Courtesan? You´d only have to shift skill points around for Perform, but that´s easy, delaying Fly a little.

Generally speaking, the Rakshasa bloodline would be a bit more elegant, as would using a Vishkanya as base class.

Spells will depend more on your actual campaign style. Wouldn't´t help to suggest "subtle" ones, when you´re engaging in combat and vice versa.

Reprimand
2017-08-10, 05:54 PM
That's not a bad backup plan but skills aren't extra important just those few are fine for the initial investment is fine and I eventually wanted to progress to higher level spells as we're using a very fast experience progression. Mostly I'd like to try to make the most out of what I'm using now and if it doesn't work out I can run the prc past him.

Any good advice in terms of spells or feats would be amazing though because I gnerally don't play at higher levels.

We also have most other roles covered main dps healer frontliner utility caster knowledge guy skills guy but most everyone else either is too invested in other skills or lacks charisma for being a face.

I want to get better at playing a Controller/Face so I want too practice and thus is a very easy going group so I to get some practice in without suffering incedibly heavy consequences that I encounter with other groups.

Geddy2112
2017-08-10, 06:15 PM
Second everything Florian said.

The fey bloodline is also a really good one for enchantment, but it is compulsion and you want to focus on charm. There are only 9 charm spells on the sorcerer list, and many more compulsions, so keep that in mind.

Charm person and charm monster are your bread and butter charms. Hold person is a pretty good save or die, although less useful if you don't fight many humanoids. Hold monster, dominate person, dominate monster, unnatural lust, hideous laughter, irresistible dance, heroism, rage, confusion, feeblemind, and waves of estacy are all good choices for enchantment spells.

Have a spell or two at each level that is not enchantment, mainly for dealing with things immune to mind affecting spells(undead) or get metamagic feats/rods that allow you to overcome the mind affecting immunity of some creatures. There are dips in classes like dirge bard that also allow this. Work with your utility caster on spells so that one person covers haste, another protection from evil, etc etc.

For feats, improved initiative is great for casters, and greater spell focus: enchantment is a good one. Spell penetration at higher levels once you are fighting things with spell resistance.

Florian
2017-08-11, 03:08 AM
@Reprimant:

Skills are super important on a "Face" because you´ve got to deal with neutral or friendly NPC and you´ll need them to follow up on charm spells to keep your target friendly. Your second duty as "Face" will also be information gathering. Skills help here, too. Don´t underestimate what Knowledge: Local and Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty can provide.

Don´t forget that most enchantment spells are save or suck type, but the target will know that someone tried to mess with it on a failure. So either push the save DC or use subtle poison/drugs to target their Wisdom/Will save, which is what the Vishkanya and Enchanting Courtesan are for.

Lastly, a "Face" Sorcerer is extremely good with Planar Binding spells, which can be one of their main contributions in later levels.

Feats should be evenly split between "social", "casting" and "race".
Social: Deceitful, Conceal Spell, Improved Conceal Spell
Casting: Spell Focus: Enchantment, Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment, Spell Penetration.
Race: Sleep Venom, Deadly Kiss, Vishkanya Parfume, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot.

Spells should also be evenly split between "information gathering", "enchantment" and "raw damage".
IG: Spells like Mind Probe, Hypercognition, Thoughtsense, Insect Spies.
EN: Charm, Dominate, Suggestion, Compelling Rant, Hold Person, Waves of Fatigue
RD: Everything blast-y, really, plus Chains of Light. With your party setup, you contribute most by help keeping combats as short as possible.