PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Amonkhet Domains, seeking PEACH and Suggestions

Buufreak
2017-08-10, 04:20 PM
Exactly what it says on the tin, been working on creating an Ambition, a Solidarity, and a Zeal domain for the respective gods, while not needing to further expand on knowledge or strength in a system that already has them. So, without further ado...

Solidarity Domain
Power: Whenever an adjacent ally attacks an enemy in reach, you may also attack that enemy as an attack of opportunity. This ability can only be used once per turn, does not grant additional attacks of opportunity per turn, and is may be used a number of times equal to 3+ your Charisma Modifier.
1st - shield of faith
2nd - aid
3rd - aid, mass (SC)
4th - shield of faith, mass (SC)
5th - life's grace (SC)
6th -
7th - death ward, mass (SC)
8th - holy aura
9th -

Ambition Domain
Power: Once per day, as an immediate action, you may gain concealment from a single enemy. This effect lasts 1 minute.
1st - bane
2nd - ray of enfeeblement
3rd - bestow curse
4th - ray of exhaustion
5th - unholy sword (dragon 312)
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -

Zeal Domain
Power: Once per round, as part of a full attack, you may make a single extra attack at your full base attack bonus. This effect is usuable in conjunction with effects such as the haste spell, and is usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
1st - magic weapon
2nd - zeal (SC)
3rd - haste
4th - wall of fire
5th - flame strike
6th - zealot pact (CD)
7th - fire storm
8th - righteous wrath of the faithful (SC)
9th -

So, obviously, some blanks need filled in, and I am entirely open to suggestions. I'm fairly set on the granted powers, basing them as best as judgement allows when converting from 5e's planeshift supplements. Let me know what you think!

nonsi
2017-08-10, 11:57 PM
Exactly what it says on the tin, been working on creating an Ambition, a Solidarity, and a Zeal domain for the respective gods, while not needing to further expand on knowledge or strength in a system that already has them. So, without further ado...

Solidarity Domain
Power: Whenever an adjacent ally attacks an enemy in reach, you may also attack that enemy as an attack of opportunity. This ability can only be used once per turn, does not grant additional attacks of opportunity per turn, and is may be used a number of times equal to 3+ your Charisma Modifier.
1st - shield of faith
2nd - aid
3rd - aid, mass (SC)
4th - shield of faith, mass (SC)
5th - life's grace (SC)
6th -
7th - death ward, mass (SC)
8th - holy aura
9th -

Ambition Domain
Power: Once per day, as an immediate action, you may gain concealment from a single enemy. This effect lasts 1 minute.
1st - bane
2nd - ray of enfeeblement
3rd - bestow curse
4th - ray of exhaustion
5th - unholy sword (dragon 312)
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -

Zeal Domain
Power: Once per round, as part of a full attack, you may make a single extra attack at your full base attack bonus. This effect is usuable in conjunction with effects such as the haste spell, and is usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
1st - magic weapon
2nd - zeal (SC)
3rd - haste
4th - wall of fire
5th - flame strike
6th - zealot pact (CD)
7th - fire storm
8th - righteous wrath of the faithful (SC)
9th -

So, obviously, some blanks need filled in, and I am entirely open to suggestions. I'm fairly set on the granted powers, basing them as best as judgement allows when converting from 5e's planeshift supplements. Let me know what you think!

Solidarity 9th: Pavilion of Grandeur (SC) . . . maybe
Zeal 9th: Storm of Vengeance

I think you got Ambition wrong. Ambition is about making yourself great, not about hurting others.

[Edit]: Giving it some more thought, Community domain could substitute Solidarity. Some of your suggestions for Solidarity could serve as Ambition spells. Other spells that could go in there include Greater Heroism / Hero's Feast and maybe Nature's Avatar.
I'd substitute Zeal's Flame Strike with Righteous Might and Fire Storm with Chain Lightning. Because they're more spectacular (and because Zeus threw lightning balls).

rferries
2017-08-11, 12:06 AM
Solidarity 9th: Pavilion of Grandeur (SC) . . . maybe
Zeal 9th: Storm of Vengeance

I think you got Ambition wrong. Ambition is about making yourself great, not about hurting others.

Perhaps Buufreak meant the kind of ambition where you backstab others to get ahead?

Buufreak
2017-08-11, 10:32 AM

Perhaps Buufreak meant the kind of ambition where you backstab others to get ahead?

Very much this! From the online 5e supplement: "[god of ambition] has fully embraced this dictum, and though she expends little effort in teaching it, she surely leads by example. Her viziers subtly plant the seeds that flower into the ambition the God-Pharaoh desires. Through insinuation, they remind acolytes and initiates alike that achieving one’s place in the afterlife at the expense of others is not shameful, but is proof of the initiate’s determination and drive. Nothing is more important than that drive, they suggest—not the bonds of a crop, not friendship or love. Not even devotion to a deity."

Edit: Not really digging the lvl9 tent spell, feels like a super high cost rope trick. Also this is about M:tG gods based on Egyptian mythos, so sky-daddy has no place here!