PDA

View Full Version : Need help statting out the Crown of Obahai

Scathain
2017-08-10, 05:55 PM
Hello playground!

The backstory:
In a solo dnd campaign I'm running, my player is a 13th level Vampire on the cusp of "true" vampirism, and his travels have taken him all the way to a desert in the Lowerdark to uncover some ancient scrolls to achieve this feat.
However, due to unforeseen events(the best kind!) it has become apparent that the player ALSO has his heart set on gaining the Crown of Obadai, the stone giant patron deity, which is in the possession of the Dodkong, a stone giant lich.
(For more information, google Obadai and the Dodkong)

Now, I think it'd just be the bees knees if the player managed to get ahold of this artifact, but alas, there are no stats for me to even begin to base this artifact on.

I have a few ideas, but I'd like help from y'all to make this item worthy of it's history!

My ideas:
1) first up is spells. Mold Earth, stone shape, erupting earth, Max's earthen grasp, (and any other earth based spells) should be the bread and butter of this item. Which should I make at will? Which should require charges? What level should these spells be cast at?
2) throw the Stone of Earth Elemental Control right in to the stats. If that's not enough, make it a myrmidon maybe?
3) the Dodkong used this crown to become a lich, but it required the death of his lover. Maybe offer something similar?

As always, any and all help is greatly appreciated.