PDA

View Full Version : Can an Alchemist Flask or Acid Flask be considered ammunition for the Swift Quiver?

Talionis
2017-08-10, 10:02 PM
Basically this. I was wondering if a Bard could take Swift Quiver and throw lots of bombs?

JNAProductions
2017-08-10, 10:04 PM
RAW? No. Rule of Cool? Totally.

But your D&D wallet hates you. :P

Talionis
2017-08-10, 10:13 PM
RAW? No. Rule of Cool? Totally.

But your D&D wallet hates you. :P

:(. Too bad. Could Javelins?

Mellack
2017-08-10, 10:49 PM
:(. Too bad. Could Javelins?

Not by RAW. It specifically only works on ammunition, which is a game defined trait. So crossbows, bows, blowgun and sling are the only ones.

lperkins2
2017-08-11, 02:01 AM
Not by RAW. It specifically only works on ammunition, which is a game defined trait. So crossbows, bows, blowgun and sling are the only ones.

And firearms from the DMG.

Kane0
2017-08-11, 02:05 AM
Sure, why not. Just check with your DM to see if he's cool with that.

MrStabby
2017-08-11, 08:40 AM
I think there is a quiver in the DMG (Elhona's Quiver?) that stores Javelins as ammunition. It suggests they can be considered ammunition (I think). On the other hand the spell specifies "a weapon that uses ammunition from the quiver" so I think it fails on the other count.

I would probably allow it - well if the player was asking for it as an exception and hadn't asked for others.

Talionis
2017-08-11, 03:47 PM
I think there is a quiver in the DMG (Elhona's Quiver?) that stores Javelins as ammunition. It suggests they can be considered ammunition (I think). On the other hand the spell specifies "a weapon that uses ammunition from the quiver" so I think it fails on the other count.

I would probably allow it - well if the player was asking for it as an exception and hadn't asked for others.

So neither the flasks or javelins are RAW, but neither is overpowered or game breaking?

Thank you guys for your help.