PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Black Lotus Nimbus (poison spell)

rferries
2017-08-11, 01:34 AM
Black Lotus Nimbus
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Blackguard 4, Druid 8, Plant 8, Ranger 4, Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 20 ft.
Area: 20-ft.-radius cloud, centered on you
Duration: 10 minutes/level (D)
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: No

The air around you is filled with the black petals and deadly perfume of the dreaded black lotus blossom.

A swirling cloud of black petals arises around you and moves with you. The petals obscure all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).

Any living creature within 20 feet of you (other than yourself) takes 3d6 points of Constitution damage on your turn each round (a successful Fortitude save negates this damage). Holding one’s breath doesn’t help, but creatures immune to poison are unaffected by the spell.

A strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the petals in 1 round. A fireball, flame strike, or similar spell burns away the petals in the explosive or fiery spell’s area. A wall of fire burns away the petals in the area into which it deals damage. However, in all these cases the petals are constantly being generated by the spell and are fully replenished in 1d4 rounds.

When the spell ends, any remaining petals vanish (they cannot be collected for later use).

Material Component
A dose of black lotus extract (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#poison), costing 4,500 gp.

khadgar567
2017-08-11, 02:49 AM
okay level is bit high i thing but i want to dmm persist this sucker all day long

rferries
2017-08-11, 05:07 AM
okay level is bit high i thing but i want to dmm persist this sucker all day long

I had to fudge the levels a bit... clearly better than cloudkill but not sure if it should be 9th level. Persistent spell is an idea but you'd have to have the Plant domain - plus you'd kill any of your allies that got too close too :D

khadgar567
2017-08-11, 05:53 AM
I had to fudge the levels a bit... clearly better than cloudkill but not sure if it should be 9th level. Persistent spell is an idea but you'd have to have the Plant domain - plus you'd kill any of your allies that got too close too :D
i think its as black version of senbonzakura giving you aggressive cover against your opponents allowing you to casualy ping them with spells so if you ask me its kinda 4th level spell with domain prerequisite rather then 8th level spell maybe 8th level version can have more range like 30ft

rferries
2017-08-11, 12:12 PM
i think its as black version of senbonzakura giving you aggressive cover against your opponents allowing you to casualy ping them with spells so if you ask me its kinda 4th level spell with domain prerequisite rather then 8th level spell maybe 8th level version can have more range like 30ft

Afraid I'm not familiar with senbonzakura - is that an anime reference or an actual published spell?

The petals obscure your own vision too (though maybe I should write an exception in).

I don't want it to be a domain-only version, it was originally intended as a Sorcerer/Wizard spell. I think it should be at least 8th level now though (compare the single-target finger of death, as well as acid fog and especially incendiary cloud).

khadgar567
2017-08-11, 12:23 PM
Afraid I'm not familiar with senbonzakura - is that an anime reference or an actual published spell?

The petals obscure your own vision too (though maybe I should write an exception in).

I don't want it to be a domain-only version, it was originally intended as a Sorcerer/Wizard spell. I think it should be at least 8th level now though (compare the single-target finger of death, as well as acid fog and especially incendiary cloud).
anime bleach byakuya's shikai and it blocks his vision to but he moves via either hiis hand or his mind.

Lanth Sor
2017-08-11, 12:53 PM
Totally getting added to the Artist Macabre.

rferries
2017-08-11, 02:31 PM
Totally getting added to the Artist Macabre.

I'm honoured! It could be a blood-red rose version too, for flavour.

Lanth Sor
2017-08-11, 04:00 PM
senbonzakura is his sword turned into a cloud razor blades that look like cherry blossoms, I like the idea of adapting it.