PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Tiering Pathfinder classes in 3.5

martixy
2017-08-11, 09:56 AM
In an effort to fix the problems some classes in 3.5 have, I decided to not re-invent the wheel and looked to PF for fixes.

To that end I imported the unchained base classes and the fighter(with free access to PF's combat stamina system), DSP's Soulknife and Metamind, and Core's Sorcerer.
Relevant house/variant rules: Using weapon groups and feat tax reductions (http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/).

Seeing as how my game is primarily 3.5 the comparison should be made in relation to 3.5.

Do these lift the abysmal fighter and the fair-but-not-great rogue to T3? At at least to +1 tier? Any other PF injections recommended?

Karl Aegis
2017-08-11, 10:13 AM
If you understand how the Tier System works you should be to figure out what tier a class falls in. If you can't target saves you probably don't belong in a tier higher than 4. If saves can't target you you probably don't belong in a tier lower than 2. If all you do is hit things with a pointy stick you're probably tier 5. If being hit with a pointy stick is not a thing that can happen to you or is entirely irrelevant you are probably tier 1. If you can play the game in its entirety without telling the game to sit down and shut up you're probably Tier 3.

Florian
2017-08-11, 10:20 AM
For the Fighter, itīs less Combat Stamina, but AMH/WMH and Item Mastery feats. The "Iron Wizard" can get some neat tricks at adequate levels (Flight, Telekinesis, DimDoor...) and actually has the resources so that getting them is no PITA.

The Paladin profits from the Oath mechanics as well as from the very cheap Unsanctioned Knowledge feat, as well as some archetypes. Thereīre enough "cost reducers" to give this 4th level caster access to some of the more juicy 6th level (or higher) spells.

Hunters and Warpriests can take the Expanded Studies feat to treat the corresponding 7th level spells of their parent spell list as being on their spell list. That alters how spell trigger and spell completion items work for them.