PDA

View Full Version : Options to Allow a Biped to Count as a Quadruped?

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-08-11, 01:55 PM
Not like adding additional limbs, or whatever, but something like a feat that allows a bipedal character to drop to all fours and run like that for +20' of base land speed.

I figured there would be an option for it somewhere, and it'd be a nice fluffy benefit for a feral templated fist of the forest-type character.

That, and I found a 3rd party feat that requires being a quadruped, and I don't want to become a centaur to get it.

Necroticplague
2017-08-11, 02:08 PM
Not like adding additional limbs, or whatever, but something like a feat that allows a bipedal character to drop to all fours and run like that for +20' of base land speed.

I figured there would be an option for it somewhere, and it'd be a nice fluffy benefit for a feral templated fist of the forest-type character.

That, and I found a 3rd party feat that requires being a quadruped, and I don't want to become a centaur to get it.

There's a Graft called Hauling Back that lets you count as a quadruped.

daremetoidareyo
2017-08-11, 02:51 PM
Two levels of totemist and a LaMia belt makes you a Quadruped of sorts

Goaty14
2017-08-11, 06:27 PM

What's a Graft?

Drakevarg
2017-08-11, 06:45 PM
A graft is an enhancement to your character that usually involves stitching a monster part of some description to yourself, like a mohrg's tongue or a troll's arm. It's basically Frankensteining monster traits onto yourself. It requires a feat and a high Heal score to do.

The Insanity
2017-08-11, 07:48 PM
It only counts for carrying capacity.

ShurikVch
2017-08-13, 03:17 AM
Not like adding additional limbs, or whatever, but something like a feat that allows a bipedal character to drop to all fours and run like that for +20' of base land speed.Quadruped - [Major] mutation from d20 Apocalypse - do exactly it (except it's only +10')
MP Cost: 4
(Mechanics for mutations is in the d20 Modern SRD)

Tamorlin
2017-08-13, 06:40 AM
If you are into 3rd party anyway, you can grab Bipedal Creature template from Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary.

Thurbane
2017-08-13, 07:26 PM
It only counts for carrying capacity.

Isn't there some kind of Warforged artifact-level graft that turns you into a quadruped? Possibly in Dragon magazine?

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-08-15, 04:54 AM
One of the WoW books has a version of the Pandaren (humanoid pandas) that literally have the racial ability I described above, except at +10' instead of +20'. I also have a 3rd party feat that lets me cherrypick one racial trait, so I think I'll nab that. More options are always welcome, though!