PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Waker Casts "Brain Storm"

Waker
2017-08-11, 06:21 PM
Hello to all you brewers out there. Its Waker again. I recently finished up another homebrew project and I find myself in that frame of mind where I'm not sure what to do next. I've got a few projects that I could try and others to finish, but I'm not sure what I really want to do. To that end, I've decided to see what people want, turning this into a sort of request thread. Here are a few things to bear in mind when making a suggestion.
1. I predominantly make base classes, though I'm not opposed to doing prestige classes. I don't design races, spells or equipment.
2. I'm not too keen on "class fix" projects. While they are great for other people, I mostly try to make something new, rather than just improved. My aspirant is a "monk" in flavor, but mechanically there are many differences. Sorta like how Swordsage isn't a monk fix, just a replacement.
3. T3 is my preferred class power, though I'm fine with T2 or T4.
4. I am very reluctant to design my own spells, so if anyone makes a suggestions for a magic user of some type, expect to see me using existing spells.
5. Lastly I prefer flavor-neutral suggestions. They don't have to be super bland like "Fight Guy", but nothing really restrictive. While I do frequently refluff things at the table, I want my work to be something open to everyone. For example, I wouldn't make a class like Temple Raider of Olidammara, but Temple Thief would be fine.

nonsi
2017-08-12, 08:44 AM
How about a base class with Force as its primary tool? Nothing based on psionics or spells - not directly anyway. The rest I'll leave to you.