PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Aelsif deities: Domains, favored weapons, specialty feats

Avianmosquito
2017-08-11, 09:24 PM
I'm going to link this here, for obvious reasons. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16239185&postcount=3)

This is going to be a quick rundown of the domains and favored weapons for the major deities that don't actually exist in Aelsif, as well as the two specialty feats available for each of their worshippers. Only the top three pantheons and the major monotheistic religion will be covered and only the top 5 from them. I'll also cover the custom domains, such as the fear domain, in detail.

Also, as a quick note, these pantheons are neither worshipped by all members of a race nor are they exclusive to that race. Instead, they are the dominant pantheons of that race's primary territories. For example, almost every nation has human inhabitants, and they generally follow the local gods. A human woman living in the western nations in the Federation of Elven States may be a worshipper of Aphrodite, for example.

Odin:
Domains: War, magic, healing
Weapon: Shortspear
Feats: Gungnir, Allfather

Gungnir:
Inspiration drawn from the Allfather's spear doubles the range increment and critical threat of thrown short spears. This stacks with all other effects that increase range increment and critical threat.

Allfather:
Odin is the Allfather, and his worship is deeply respected throughout all worshippers of the dwarven gods. Worshippers of Odin may choose a second deity from the dwarven pantheon to follow, receiving any benefits of worshipping that god, such as access to their feats, their favored weapon for clerics and favored souls, and their domains. This feat may be taken multiple times, each for a different deity.

Thor:
Domains: War, Air, Strength
Weapon: Warhammer
Feats: Mjölnir, Thundering strike

Mjölnir:
Inspiration drawn from Thor's mighty hammer increases the critical multiplier of warhammers from 3x to 5x.

Thundering Strike:
Scoring a critical hit with a bludgeoning weapon stuns the target and deafens all within 20ft for 1d6 rounds, except the user. This effect can be negated by a fortitude save with a DC of 10 + 1/2 the user's hit dice + the user's strength modifier.

Heimdallr:
Domains: War, protection, knowledge
Weapon: Arming sword
Feats: Gjallarhorn, Gram

Gjallarhorn:
You always go first in initiative on the first round, as long as you use it to sound a warhorn*.

Gram:
Inspiration is drawn from the tale of Sigurd and Fafnir. When striking an attack of opportunity with your arming sword, your critical threat is doubled and your critical multiplier increases from 2x to 3x. This stacks with other effects that increase critical threat and multiplier.

*Warhorns allow the entire party to resort initiative with the original roll and an added bonus of 1/2 the user's perform (warhorn) skill and charisma modifier, in exchange for the user's first turn. Warhorns cannot be chosen as bardic instruments, but bards are quite capable of carrying warhorns in addition to their instruments.

Loki:
Domains: War, fire, trickery
Weapon: Dagger
Feats: Mistletoe, Trickster

Mistletoe:
When wielding a dagger, critical hits ignore DR.

Trickster:
+4 to bluff checks.

Freyja:
Domains: War, beauty*, healing
Weapon: Heavy shield**
Feats: Brísingamen, Seiðr

Brísingamen:
Any necklace or amulet you wear becomes more powerful. The amulet of health provides an additional +2 constitution, the amulet of mighty fists provides twice the bonus to natural weapon attack and damage, the amulet of proof against detection and location provides a DC of 23, the necklace of adaptation also affects allies within 10ft and fireballs from a necklace of fireballs have their reflex save DC increased to 18.

Seiðr:
The magic of Freyja inspires your own enchantments. Save DCs against your enchantment spells are increased by 2 as long as you do not wear any clothing or armor that provides damage reduction.

*Beauty domain grants a +2 beauty bonus to AC, except against mindless opponents.
Level 1: Charm person
Level 2: Suggestion
Level 3: Charm monster
Level 4: Charm person, mass
Level 5: Dominate person
Level 6: Suggestion, mass
Level 7: Demand
Level 8: Charm monster, mass
Level 9: Dominate monster

**This means that should you take war domain with her, you get shield focus (heavy shield). It also means a favored soul of Freyja gets shield focus at 3rd level and shield specialization at 6th level. Shield focus gives +2 AC when you wield a shield, shield specialization grants +2 to reflex saves when wielding a shield. Obviously, this only applies to heavy shields.

Zeus/Jupiter:
Domains: Magic, air, animal
Weapon: Javelin
Feats: Thunderbolt, King of the Gods

Thunderbolt:
You may cast Lightning Bolt once daily with a caster level equal to your hit dice, up to 10d6. At 11HD, you may cast it a second time with a caster level of your hit dice -10, at 21st a third time with a caster level of your hit dice -20, and so on.

King of Olympus:
Worship of Zeus/Jupiter is respected amongst all worshippers of the Elven pantheon. Somehow. Worshippers of Zeus/Jupiter may choose a second deity from the elven pantheon to follow, receiving any benefits of worshipping that god, such as access to their feats, their favored weapon for clerics and favored souls, and their domains. This feat may be taken multiple times, each for a different deity.

Poseidon/Neptune:
Domains: Magic, water, travel
Weapons: Trident
Feats: Poseidon's favor, Aquatic

Poseidon/Neptune's favor:
You are at home on the ocean. As long as you are in the water or on a ship, you receive a +1 to all skill checks.

Aquatic:
Once daily, you may cast Water Breathing with a caster level equal to your hit dice.

Hades/Pluto/Dis Pater:
Domains: Magic, earth, luck
Weapons: Quarterstaff
Feats: Cerberus, Earthflesh

Cerberus:
You gain a riding dog animal companion. This is in addition to animal companions granted by other feats or by class levels.

Earthflesh:
You may gain DR 5/-- for 10 minutes per hit die.

Athena/Minerva:
Domains: Magic, War, Knowledge
Weapon: Spear
Feats: Crafter, Knowledgeable

Crafter:
+4 to a single craft skill. This feat can be taken multiple times, each for a different craft skill.

Knowledgeable:
+4 to a single knowledge skill. This feat can be taken multiple times, each for a different knowledge skill.

Aphrodite/Venus:
Domains: Magic, beauty, healing
Weapon: None
Feats: Aphrodite's beauty, Aphrodisia

A favored soul of Aphrodite/Venus may select one of her feats for free at 3rd level and another at 6th, to make up for her lack of weaponry.

Aphrodite's beauty:
As long as you are not wearing any clothing or armour that provides damage reduction, you gain a +2 to charisma.

Aphrodisia:
When resting 8 hours or more, you and one other party member recover an extra 1d4 hit points per HD. You may split the dice for the other person up amongst multiple people, but the ones for you still all go to you.

Coventina:
Domains: Protection, water, war
Weapon: Longsword
Feats: Excalibur, Coventina's Scabbard

Excalibur:
Your sword is blessed with the magic of Coventina, lady of the lake. Once daily when you first draw a longsword, it shines so brightly your enemies are struck blind. Everyone in a cone in front of you up to a distance of 15ft must make a reflex saving throw with a DC of 10 + 1/2 the user's hit dice + the user's faith* modifier or be blinded for 1d6 rounds. Even if they succeed, they are still dazzled.

Coventina's Scabbard**:
Requires Excalibur. The scabbard of your longsword is blessed with the magic of Coventina. As long as you have it, you automatically stabilize when dying.***

*Aelsif wisdom, basically. Not exactly the same, certainly different roleplay connotations, but pretty close in gameplay.

**Stop giggling.

***Yes, it's basically diehard, but with lower requirements and you must have the scabbard of an arming sword.

Nemetona:
Domains: Protection, healing, plants
Weapon: Light shield
Feats: Nemeton, Safe Haven

Nemeton:
Groves are sacred to you, and provide you with spiritual protection. When inside a grove, you may take one minute to create a shine to Nemetona. When at your shrine, you may reroll your saving throw against any ongoing effect one time, such as diseases and enchantments. If you still fail your saving throw, you may try again once daily against each effect.

Safe Haven:
Requires Nemeton. Whenever you are in a grove where a shrine to Nemetona has been built, you gain a +2 to all saving throws.

Arawn:
Domains: Protection, animals, death
Weapon: Shortsword
Feats: Cŵn Annwn, Soul Retriever

Cŵn Annwn:
This feat may only be selected if you have a dog animal companion. Riding dogs and wolves do not count. Once daily for one round for each of your hit dice, your dog companion may become a cŵn annwn, and behaves as if under the influence of ghostform. If your dog companion is released or dies, this ability may be passed onto a new dog companion. You may take this feat multiple times to apply it to multiple dog companions.

Soul Retriever:
Requires Cŵn Annwn. While a cŵn annwn, your dog companion has a sense for the dead, and may summon ghosts from the corpses of those dead less than an hour. Your dog may only do this to a number of creatures per day whose total hit dice equal your own. If your dog companion is released or dies, this ability may be passed onto a new dog companion. You may take this feat multiple times to apply it to multiple dog companions.

Sucellus:
Domains: Protection, luck, healing
Weapon: Greathammer*
Feats: Divine meal, Divine Wine

Divine meal:
You must have at least one rank in profession: Chef to select this feat. Once daily, you may bless a meal you prepare with the magic of Sucellos to great a divine meal, enough to feed one person for each invested rank of profession (chef). You must prepare this food personally for this effect to function. The meal takes 1 hour to consume, and the beneficial effects do not set in until this hour is over. The meal grants each creature that partakes a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and Will saves and immunity to fear effects for 12 hours.

Divine wine:
Once daily, you may bless wine you have fermented with the divine magic of Sucellos, enough wine for one person per rank of craft (alchemy). You must make the wine yourself for this effect to function. Drinking the wine takes one minute. A creature drinking the wine is cured of sickness and nausea and becomes immune to poison for 12 hours.

*Like a greataxe, but blunt.

Cernunnos:
Domains: Protection, animals, luck
Weapon: None
Feats: Durable Companion, Torc.

Favored souls of Cernunnos may select one of his feats for free at 3rd level, and another at 6th, to make up for his lack of weapons.

Durable companion:
This feat may only be selected by a character with an animal companion or familiar. All of your animal companions and familiars stabilize automatically when dying.

Torc:
You may craft a Torc to wear around an individual's neck using the skill craft (jewelry), which grants the wearer a +1 luck bonus to AC for every 4 ranks of craft (jewelry) you possess.

Yahweh:
Domains: Fear, destruction, war
Weapon: Light mace
Feats: Hellfire, God-Fearing

Hellfire:
The terror of hell is imbued in your use of fire. Inflicting fire damage on an opponent through any means forces a will saving throw with a DC of 10 + 1/2 the user's hit dice + your faith modifier. Failure causes an opponent to become shaken for one minute. Succeeding a saving throw against this effect does not grant temporary immunity.

God-Fearing:
The terror of hell is such that other fears pale in comparison. +4 to saves against fear.

And if anybody has any mechanical feedback, that's what the reply button is for. It's actually not the little triangle with the exclamation point, it's the big rectangle below that. And, like, tell me what you think. Especially about the exclusive feats and stuff, the rest is pretty standard. And, like, not get my thread locked with an innapropriate conversation.

WindStruck
2017-08-12, 09:23 AM
Guess I have to ask this on behalf of my character, so where would you peg Pixies?

Do they share some religious beliefs with elves? Other unknown religions?

Or do some fey just think themselves as gods? :smalltongue:

Avianmosquito
2017-08-12, 01:27 PM
Guess I have to ask this on behalf of my character, so where would you peg Pixies?

Do they share some religious beliefs with elves? Other unknown religions?

Or do some fey just think themselves as gods? :smalltongue:

As a general rule, they would not be members of any major religion or even very familiar with them. Especially since yours grew up just north of lizardfolk whose religion is one of those omnitheistic type religions where they believe all gods are real and are true deities, and who when meeting a new religion just add its gods to the list. To the north you also had goblins, who are deistic and believe there's probably a god but it's impossible to know anything about it so please put the ****ing sword away. Oh, and their main opponents just north of them, with the single most unappealing deity ever, who hate goblins primarily for not adequately accepting said god. (That and territory rights regarding the quarter of a continent the gobbos inhabit.)

WindStruck
2017-08-12, 01:42 PM
Well... you seemed to not describe their religious practices by giving a vague summary of what their neighbors instead do...

So they're not members of other religions of the major races, which makes enough sense, but I'm just wondering what they do, if anything.

Should we just say they worship some other imaginary god called Gaea and call it a day?

Avianmosquito
2017-08-12, 01:53 PM
Well... you seemed to not describe their religious practices by giving a vague summary of what their neighbors instead do...

Because religion is really more regional, not specific to species. Especially since their neighbours don't force their religious views on people.

So they're not members of other religions of the major races, which makes enough sense, but I'm just wondering what they do, if anything.

That's really not a good question. They aren't a monolyth, they may follow any of the neighbouring religion, no religion, or something totally different specific to their region, their village or even just them.

Should we just say they worship some other imaginary god called Gaea and call it a day?

That'd be an odd coincidence, since a deity named Gaia is one of the elven primal gods clear on Boreas.

WindStruck
2017-08-12, 01:58 PM
Because religion is really more regional, not specific to species. Especially since their neighbours don't force their religious views on people.
Must have gotten the wrong message, since you have your pantheons broken up into racial groups.

That's really not a good question. They aren't a monolyth, they may follow any of the neighbouring religion, no religion, or something totally different specific to their region, their village or even just them.
I guess that means you wouldn't mind if I just made something up?

That'd be an odd coincidence, since a deity named Gaia is one of the elven primal gods clear on Boreas.
What? Where?

Avianmosquito
2017-08-12, 02:26 PM
Must have gotten the wrong message, since you have your pantheons broken up into racial groups.

Because those races are dominant in those areas. The elven religion, as I called it, isn't strictly for elves. It's just the official state religion of the Federation of Elven States, which is the part of the world where elves are the dominant race and almost all elves either live there or in one of their territories where it's the same deal, so "Elven Religion" is a decent descriptor.

I guess that means you wouldn't mind if I just made something up?

Not really, but you'll have to do just a little better than changing one letter of an already worshipped deity. Though since you're likely going for the same idea, why not just have your character worship Gaia and say they picked it up from the lizardfolk? Local lizardfolk having some elven deities in their worship would really not be strange, what with their "There's so many gods that all gods worshipped can be real." mentality.

What? Where?

Boreas is the northern continent, where elves, dwarves, orcs and gnomes have their homelands and primary territories. Gaia, also known as Terra, is the elven primal goddess of the earth who conceived her son Uranus/Caelus, had incestual sex with him and produced the titans, who in turn incestually produced the current Olympians and Chthonic gods, who... You get the idea. More gods, more incest, mortals at some point.

WindStruck
2017-08-12, 02:42 PM
I see... well I do like those aphrodite feats. Seems logical enough then that they heard of a bunch of gods from lizardfolk and picked ones they liked the most.

Actually, I guess this needs to be cleared up. Can anyone that worships those gods take the feats, or do you have to be a cleric or favored soul?

Avianmosquito
2017-08-12, 02:57 PM
I see... well I do like those aphrodite feats. Seems logical enough then that they heard of a bunch of gods from lizardfolk and picked ones they liked the most.

Actually, I guess this needs to be cleared up. Can anyone that worships those gods take the feats, or do you have to be a cleric or favored soul?

Any worshipper can take most feats, but you may only have one god unless you start with a deity that has a feat to take more. Some have requirements, and those are listed. For example, taking cŵn annwn would be worthless without a dog companion, so you'd need a dog companion to take it. Aphrodisia, from your own goddess, only makes sense if you have a party member and it'd take some real twisty interpretations to prevent the roleplay from restricting it further.

WindStruck
2017-08-12, 03:29 PM
The "party member" requirement is a little restrictive, actually... I think it could technically work when resting with any other sentient being when there could be a potential attraction toward one another. Maybe some other NPC or perhaps a lover they have?

Oh, right. But any and all skills and feats must be framed in a way which only aid skill checks and combat. :smallannoyed:

Avianmosquito
2017-08-12, 03:35 PM
The "party member" requirement is a little restrictive, actually... I think it could technically work when resting with any other sentient being when there could be a potential attraction toward one another. Maybe some other NPC or perhaps a lover they have?

It isn't an actual restriction, it's just that you need somebody available and quite often the party is on its own.

Oh, right. But any and all skills and feats must be framed in a way which only aid skill checks and combat. :smallannoyed:

Says who?

WindStruck
2017-08-12, 03:42 PM
Says who?

Says the vast majority of players that are either munchkins and/or murderhobos. :smalltongue:

Looks like we have no luck with an investigator. I guess we'll have to start with a NPC soonish...?

Avianmosquito
2017-08-12, 03:50 PM
Says the vast majority of players that are either munchkins and/or murderhobos. :smalltongue:

**** 'em. Some of those above have zero skill or combat utility and are very useful. Aphrodisia heals two party members really well, usually to full, on an 8-hour rest. Nemeton and Safe Haven are life savers in case of disease or poison. Aquatic is FANTASTIC for aquatic adventures like ours. Divine wine is great at curing and preventing illnesses. A party is better for their presence, even strictly in mechanical terms.

Looks like we have no luck with an investigator. I guess we'll have to start with a NPC soonish...?

Yep. Today, actually.

rferries
2017-08-13, 07:13 PM
The deity-specific feats are brilliant! A very nice mechanic.

I prefer your Beauty domain but you might want to look at the Charm domain as well, if you haven't already.

Avianmosquito
2017-08-13, 08:14 PM
The deity-specific feats are brilliant! A very nice mechanic.

I should also mention people with no religion can take a feat called "Mythological Studies" to allow them access to the benefits of any deity they want, one deity at a time. This means spending extra feats over just worshipping a god to begin with, but allows them complete freedom of selection here, which is very useful I think.

I prefer your Beauty domain but you might want to look at the Charm domain as well, if you haven't already.

I haven't, and at the moment I can't, between being at work and the sites being down.

rferries
2017-08-13, 09:17 PM
I should also mention people with no religion can take a feat called "Mythological Studies" to allow them access to the benefits of any deity they want, one deity at a time. This means spending extra feats over just worshipping a god to begin with, but allows them complete freedom of selection here, which is very useful I think.

I haven't, and at the moment I can't, between being at work and the sites being down.

Hmm doesn't that make the Allfather feat redundant, then?

Oh I'm glad it's not just me (re: the sites being down). Hope they're fixed soon though.

Avianmosquito
2017-08-13, 09:23 PM
Hmm doesn't that make the Allfather feat redundant, then?

No. Worship of Odin lets you start off with all the benefits of one god for free and expand from there within the pantheon. An atheistic character can eventually get their pick of all pantheons, but they don't get the free starting god.

rferries
2017-08-13, 09:46 PM
Oh so you get the deity feats for free? Sweet! I suspect there aren't many naytheists in this campaign setting. :D

Avianmosquito
2017-08-13, 09:59 PM
Oh so you get the deity feats for free? Sweet!

No, you just have ACCESS to them for free. When you pick a god to worship, it lets you gain their domains as a cleric, their favored weapon as a war cleric or a favored soul, and you can take their feats. When you play an atheistic character, you need to take a feat to unlock a god so you can use their domains, favored weapon and take their feats. So an atheistic character is one feat behind, but can pick whatever they want.

There's also nondenominational characters as a separate option, who must take one domain as the shared domain of their pantheon and have to take a feat (Religious Studies, which is a pantheon-restricted version of Mythological Studies) to gain access to any feats, but get to pick any domain they want as their second domain and any weapon as their favored weapon.

Okay. Let's say you've got three level 3 gnomes, named Ferdinand, Hanz and Segelinde. Ferdinand is a worshipper of Odin, Hanz is an atheist and Segelinde is non-denominational norse. Ferdinand can take the Gungnir feat right now, and then can take the Allfather feat to branch out and gain access to other feats. Hanz may take Mythological Studies (Odin) and then another feat to get Gungnir, but he can branch out to any pantheon he wants using this feat. Segelinde would need to take Religious Studies (Odin) and another feat to get Gungnir and can't branch out to another pantheon, but she gets to pick any second domain and favored weapon she so chooses if domains and favored weapons are a thing for her class.

I suspect there aren't many naytheists in this campaign setting. :D

1: There aren't any "naytheists", that insult refers specifically to people who refuse to worship gods that they know exist, not people who don't believe in any gods. It's a shallow, ignorant insult that claims people must secretly believe in the user's god because the user can't understand that other people may genuinely just not believe what they believe. It is pure projection from the mind of somebody who isn't completely secure in their own beliefs and assumes others are the same. The term sees use, especially in places like the Gnomtäler where violence against nonbelievers is exceedingly rare, but as the gods don't exist it is always incorrect.

2. The gods really, genuinely do not exist. That's why the Mythological Studies feat works in the first place, because these feats aren't actually granted by a god, they're just inspired by the myths surrounding the gods. Same goes for favored weapon and the domains, and even divine spells aren't really different from arcane spells except in mindset and methodology. This means it'd be more accurate to see magic as being divided between intelligence, charisma and faith rather than arcane and divine, as your casting ability actually affects how you cast spells in a way the arcane/divine distinction doesn't.

rferries
2017-08-14, 02:09 AM
No, you just have ACCESS to them for free. When you pick a god to worship, it lets you gain their domains as a cleric, their favored weapon as a war cleric or a favored soul, and you can take their feats. When you play an atheistic character, you need to take a feat to unlock a god so you can use their domains, favored weapon and take their feats. So an atheistic character is one feat behind, but can pick whatever they want.

Ahh I see. My apologies if you had already addressed this earlier in the thread, I admit I only skimmed through it.

1: There aren't any "naytheists", that insult refers specifically to people who refuse to worship gods that they know exist, not people who don't believe in any gods. It's a shallow, ignorant insult that claims people must secretly believe in the user's god because the user can't understand that other people may genuinely just not believe what they believe. It is pure projection from the mind of somebody who isn't completely secure in their own beliefs and assumes others are the same. The term sees use, especially in places like the Gnomtäler where violence against nonbelievers is exceedingly rare, but as the gods don't exist it is always incorrect.

2. The gods really, genuinely do not exist. That's why the Mythological Studies feat works in the first place, because these feats aren't actually granted by a god, they're just inspired by the myths surrounding the gods. Same goes for favored weapon and the domains, and even divine spells aren't really different from arcane spells except in mindset and methodology. This means it'd be more accurate to see magic as being divided between intelligence, charisma and faith rather than arcane and divine, as your casting ability actually affects how you cast spells in a way the arcane/divine distinction doesn't.

Hmm! Intriguing... so there isn't an afterlife/no Outer Planes in this campaign setting? How do spells like planar ally etc work - rather than summoning an entity that is actually on speaking terms with your deity, you instead conjure up an entity (from nothing) that merely acts as you THINK an angel/demon/etc would act, perpetuating your own delusion? Similarly, commune is just a divination spell that gives you the impression of contacting your god, when really it's no different from an arcane divination spell? Also, how does soul bind function - do people still have souls? What happens to them after death?

Avianmosquito
2017-08-14, 03:03 AM
Hmm! Intriguing... so there isn't an afterlife/no Outer Planes in this campaign setting?

1. Afterlives don't require gods.

2. No, there aren't any afterlives. Planes are a more complicated situation. I'll say "No* there aren't** any*** of those**** either*****.".

How do spells like planar ally etc work - rather than summoning an entity that is actually on speaking terms with your deity, you instead conjure up an entity (from nothing) that merely acts as you THINK an angel/demon/etc would act, perpetuating your own delusion?

This is super complicated. I'll simplify, but suffice to say this who deal needed a rework for the setting and it is't 100% completed.

Summoning:
Summon lists are different, but this largely works as normal. Quite often the summoned entity is only partially summoned. For example, Summon Monster IX can summon an elemental as usual, but can also summon one of four giant spectral arms with various abilities.

Calling:
No portal is involved and how long it takes to work varies. The creature list is different, as well, and the creatures are much more inscrutable and what you get is pretty random. For example, a cleric of Yahweh using Aelsif's version of Planar Ally may call a Sailor of the Outer Seas. This is a large levitating celestial creature creature with a dark body covered in black metal and fabric, a spade-shaped cowling around its elongated head, two long, skinny arms ending in tiny hands with entirely too many long, sprindly fingers. It will descend from the sky, eyes glowing like foglights on its otherwise featureless face, and speak directly into their mind to tell them it is the angel Yahweh sent. (And if you're thinking "That doesn't sound like an angel at all!", you're catching on.)

Similarly, commune is just a divination spell that gives you the impression of contacting your god, when really it's no different from an arcane divination spell?

"Contacting" your god has never really been verbal anyway. If you cast commune and suddenly feel that the answer to your question is yes or no, you will interpret that as being from your god regardless.

Also, how does soul bind function - do people still have souls?

Also complicated. Not really******, but some spells that rely on them do work somehow, just often with extra time constraints. Soul bind is worthless, trap the soul is a game breaker, neither is used.

What happens to them after death?

You will find the answer to this question extremely unsatisfying.

rferries
2017-08-14, 06:40 AM
You will find the answer to this question extremely unsatisfying.

Aw go on, out with it! I'm enjoying your setting thus far :D Do you have a compilation somewhere (or is this all classified so your players don't get spoilers? No worries if so!)?

Avianmosquito
2017-08-14, 09:34 AM
Aw go on, out with it!

Nothing. The answer is nothing. They're just dead. Resurrecting them is also far more difficult.

I'm enjoying your setting thus far :D Do you have a compilation somewhere (or is this all classified so your players don't get spoilers? No worries if so!)?

I have a rules listing, but it's a little out of date and I need a new one.

rferries
2017-08-14, 11:51 AM
Nothing. The answer is nothing. They're just dead. Resurrecting them is also far more difficult.

Huh. Is this common knowledge? And if so, I imagine lichdom is much more popular amongst spellcasters? Or do you have different undead rulings as well?

Avianmosquito
2017-08-14, 11:56 AM
Huh. Is this common knowledge?

No.

And if so, I imagine lichdom is much more popular amongst spellcasters? Or do you have different undead rulings as well?

Liches and vampires are very common here, but they haven't changed.