PDA

View Full Version : How to use the magic item immovable rod

Sir cryosin
2017-08-12, 07:40 AM
What are some way ya'll use the magic item immovable rod.

Vykryl
2017-08-12, 08:33 AM
My son's Cleric has one mounted to his shield as a handle. He uses it to barricade doors or pin troublesome npcs to walls or in corners. Being able to block monsters on the other side of a door and still see them allows for safe ranged combat until one manages the strength check to break through (as long as there is no other way out or around). A little fuzzy on his other uses for it as I'm rather lacking in sleep by the time our Saturday game session comes around.

ruy343
2017-08-12, 09:08 AM
A friend of mine had a warlock with a harness that was constructed to hold him airborne without concentration by activating the immovable rod. Came in handy every once in a while, and was certainly entertaining...

Immovable rods are great items to give to players as a DM because they're the kind of magical item that lets players solve problems creatively in ways that could never be attempted in any other game. Use it as a rope's anchor point; use it as a door block, tuck it in an ogre's belt during a grapple, Sovereign glue it onto an adamantine spear and impale a demigod... the sky's the limit!

JackPhoenix
2017-08-12, 10:04 AM
What's up with all these immovable rod threads lately? This is the third one in the last day