PDA

View Full Version : My DS is making a funny noise.

lumberofdabeast
2007-08-09, 10:49 PM
On startup, instead of the usual sound, I hear some bells or chimes or something. Anyone know what it is?

Krytha
2007-08-09, 11:05 PM
bells and chimes... hrmm... no idea what that's about.

Beaudoin
2007-08-09, 11:17 PM
Is it a significantly different sound from the standard DS startup noise (which I myself would classify as a chime of the "Da-ding da-ding da-ding..." variety)? And, more importantly, is your DS having any significant problems, recently been in extreme environments, etc?

lumberofdabeast
2007-08-09, 11:20 PM
Is it a significantly different sound from the standard DS startup noise (which I myself would classify as a chime of the "Da-ding da-ding da-ding..." variety)? And, more importantly, is your DS having any significant problems, recently been in extreme environments, etc?

Yes, it's really different, it sounds like real wind chimes, as opposed to the windpipes it normally sounds like. And no, not that I know of.

Beaudoin
2007-08-09, 11:24 PM
One possible solution: Happy Birthday!

(seriously, I reset the birthday on my DS to today's date and got a much higher pitched startup noise).

lumberofdabeast
2007-08-10, 11:05 PM
One possible solution: Happy Birthday!

(seriously, I reset the birthday on my DS to today's date and got a much higher pitched startup noise).

...Oh. Right. *is now 19*

Demented
2007-08-11, 01:30 AM
Your DS is stalking you.
You must kill it as quickly as possible, before it alerts the authorities to your activities.