PDA

View Full Version : Weird Adventures

Bryan
2017-08-13, 07:52 PM
My group and I found Weird Adventures and the blog, From the Sorcerers Skull.

For anyone that hasn't seen this, it's 1920's pulp adventure set on a world with D&D style magic and monsters. It is a setting book though without a system. I was wondering if anyone else has run it and what system they used.

We are thinking of crossing Spirit of the Century with Dresden Files. Both are just modified Fate Core it shouldn't be hard to merge.

daniel_ream
2017-08-18, 05:12 AM
For anyone that hasn't seen this, it's 1920's pulp adventure set on a world with D&D style magic and monsters. It is a setting book though without a system. I was wondering if anyone else has run it and what system they used.

I've skimmed through it. Much like Bloodshadows, it seemed like it was trying too hard to mash together two genres without any real vision. I'd be wary of the culture shock problem with the setting as presented.

We are thinking of crossing Spirit of the Century with Dresden Files. Both are just modified Fate Core it shouldn't be hard to merge.

SotC and Dresden Files are very different from what ended up as Fate Core. The supplement Strange Tales of the Century contains the "how to convert to Fate Core" appendix (which, for some reason, Evil Hat doesn't want to make available anywhere else). From my work trying to convert Legends of Anglerre to Fate Core, I'd say you're better off just using Fate Core straight and dumping both SotC and DF.