PDA

View Full Version : DM Help one shot advanture ideas

BadaiRei
2017-08-14, 10:46 AM
hey guys we are a team of 5 that just does one shots,each time some1 else dm's one.
i need help with an idea on a devourer one shot that would be fun for me and my friend...
we are all lvl 10 now ,Bard,Monk-Warlock,Druid,witch hunter,and me a fighter-ranger.
we are all stacked with powrful items and we are a bit overpowerd so i dont think it would be a problem for them to handle a devourer..
i really liked the devourer idea ,im just having a hard time finding an idea of a story to fit him in..
it would be awsome to have some ideas from you guys that i can work with and build an awsome one shot.
keep in mind this is my 3rd time dm'ing,so try to keep it simple for me :).
thanks!

Easy_Lee
2017-08-14, 10:54 AM
Intellect Devourer, right?

Have the players be stuck somewhere with a group of NPCs, on a ship for example. A rogue intellect devourer is trying to possess people one at a time, eat their brain, then quietly move on to the next person. Think The Thing, except that rather than multiplying, it leaves a dead body missing a brain each time. For bonus visuals, have it tear its way out of the back of their heads.

The goal is to figure out who the devourer has possessed before it can kill everyone. Without a full crew, the ship will sink, so the players are on a time limit unless they want to be stranded in the ocean. If they fail and end up stranded, that in itself would be a cool one shot.

BadaiRei
2017-08-14, 11:33 AM
actually no.. it is not an intellect devourer ,
i should have been more speciefic , im talking about the devourer from the Volo's Guide a fiend CR:13

Easy_Lee
2017-08-14, 11:55 AM
Got it. Devourers are simple. They just want to create undead armies and spread death. The only way I know to complicate that is for the players to think a necromancer is behind it.

Maybe the players happen upon a town being attacked by a hoard of undead. The townsfolk blame some man / woman there who they think is responsible, as he or she is an outcast and suspected witch / necromancer. But it actually turns out to be a Devourer spreading chaos, and the players have to figure that out. For bonus points, maybe the Devourer has a hat of disguise and poses as a member of the town to spread lies.

Sariel Vailo
2017-08-14, 12:52 PM
You are talking about the ultihard the stronger mindflayer also adventure not advanture we was kangs and ****

Easy_Lee
2017-08-14, 12:56 PM
You are talking about the ultihard the stronger mindflayer also adventure not advanture we was kangs and ****

What did I just read?

Sariel Vailo
2017-08-14, 02:13 PM
What did I just read?

He mispelled "adventure" it was spelled advanture so i used the stupid meme we was kangs.