PDA

View Full Version : Creating guides

bssbruno88
2017-08-14, 06:32 PM
Hello everyone, good evening !

I'm really looking forward to create a guide about Land Druids on 5e.

I know 5e is "out there" for quite a good time already and I know Druids already have a couple of guides published, but although they were fun to read and there were really good information, I don't agree to everything they wrote.

I was expecting to create a really in-depth guide to the Druid class, using all I've learned from years of playing and another couple of reading, theorycrafting and stuff...
Not only I would compile "the good and the bad" from the other guides to give my own interpretation, I feel like I have a lot to say that no one ever documented on a guide (How to proper use Wild Shape as a Land Druid, for example, creative and different aproach to spells usually underestimated and proper clarification about some of Druid's FAQs like Druidic focus as weapons and Kunf Fu Panda Druid/Monks, to mention a few).

I'm well aware of Guides patterns (Structure, color ratings...), but I wanted to know if there are any restrictions on guide creation. Also, I wanted to ask:

What do you think of it? Do you think it is a nice thing to have another guide, another view on something already documented?
Or do you think it is unnecessary at this point?

Thank your for your time and input.

D.U.P.A.
2017-08-14, 07:37 PM
If you can improve over the existing guides, then go for it. The main issue of old guides is that they are not updated with recent stuff and the author usually stops to update it, so new guides may become necessary.

Honest Tiefling
2017-08-14, 07:44 PM
If you can improve over the existing guides, then go for it. The main issue of old guides is that they are not updated with recent stuff and the author usually stops to update it, so new guides may become necessary.

This. You could also go with the idea of evaluating popular UA stuff, which most guides don't touch on.

I can't tell you if people would use the guide, but I think a guide helping newbies (especially those new to 5e!) would be quite helpful, especially if it can cover wildshape which can be intimidating for people. Some sample builds would probably help out as well. So why not give it a try?

Through writing the guide in a humorous style can't hurt either. :smallwink:

bssbruno88
2017-08-15, 03:16 PM

Ok, that makes sense. I'll post on the forum when It is ready, thank you for the feedback!

This. You could also go with the idea of evaluating popular UA stuff, which most guides don't touch on.

I can't tell you if people would use the guide, but I think a guide helping newbies (especially those new to 5e!) would be quite helpful, especially if it can cover wildshape which can be intimidating for people. Some sample builds would probably help out as well. So why not give it a try?

Through writing the guide in a humorous style can't hurt either. :smallwink:

I really enjoy reading those humorous guides (Blockbuster Wizard is hilarious!). I'm not sure I can do such an amazing work, but I'll try my best hehe...

Also, I never really enjoyed UA, but you make a good point. I'll add chapters to talk about the three new Druidic Circles, even if they aren't League's material. Thanks for the Feedback.