PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Videogame Where Civilians Pull Out Instruments During Fight Scenes

JNAProductions
2017-08-14, 11:51 PM
Boy, long title.

Basically, I've heard of a game, a long time ago, through TV Tropes. In this game, civilians would, when you get into a city fight, pull out instruments and play the background music for the fight scene. But I can't find out what this game was called.

Any halp?

dps
2017-08-15, 06:56 PM
"Do instruments of torture count?"

"Is mayonnaise an instrument?"

TeChameleon
2017-08-15, 07:59 PM
"Is mayonnaise an instrument?"

... and now I'm very curious as to what you've been playing where the civilians pull out mayonnaise when a fight breaks out O.o

Er, sorry... that doesn't sound like a game that I've heard of, although if I run across it while TVTroping, I'll post it here.

endoperez
2017-08-16, 03:53 AM
Brütal Legend, maybe? Can't think of any other music parody games with combat and ability to move around, such as into cities.

Otomodachi
2017-08-16, 11:51 AM
Long-shot, but... Gitaroo Man?

Brother Oni
2017-08-17, 06:21 AM

By extension, are Un Jammer Lammy and either Parappa the Rapper game potential options?

Minty
2017-08-17, 01:42 PM
Brütal Legend, maybe? Can't think of any other music parody games with combat and ability to move around, such as into cities.

Brutal Legend is somewhat lacking in cities.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-08-17, 03:42 PM

The description sounds to me like Flyin' to Your Heart (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrshPebBVUY), the second stage of Gitaroo Man. Civilians playing backing music at 1:48.

I hope it is, anyway, because it's one of the best games of all time and if anyone reading this happens to go out any play it, their lives will be improved.

dps
2017-08-17, 05:35 PM
No, it's not a gaming reference. A hint: the "during fight scenes" part doesn't really apply to the work I'm referencing.

No brains
2017-08-17, 09:16 PM
I don't know if this was the same thing, but wasn't there some fighting game where the background danced to the music?