PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Cyromancer

Westhart
2017-08-15, 10:24 AM
On the opposite end of my pyromancer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?533130-The-Pyromancer), so aiming for the same power level (ish)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19MjebJ1oL-jkDNTQ-GUYoJwhJA-0tns84FVauBl5gkY/edit?usp=sharing

As Always, PEACH.

Westhart
2017-08-16, 11:48 AM
sorry for double post, fixed where I forgot more spells per day

SodaDarwin
2017-08-16, 12:30 PM
I like your stuff. Okay, let's go.

You forgot a hit die. Completely. Surprised it doesn't give you a Fort boost as a counter to the Pyromancer's Ref boost. Something I didn't catch with the Pyromancer, and applies here: You need to put immediately after each ability name if it's an (Ex)traordinary, (Su)pernatural, or (Sp)ell-like ability.

The Cryomancer gets significantly fewer spells than the Pyromancer does. Not sure if this is intended

I like Wintry Touch, a lot.

Icy Skin provides, easily, 15 DR/- by 10th level in this. So level 15. Closest thing I can compare this to is the Barbarian's 5/- at level 19. Seems a bit much for a caster compared to a martial.

Frozen Heart is a lot of save-or-dies per day. Misspelled "Slot" there.

I'm concerned about someone going into both Cryomancer and the Pyromancer you made. That's two damage immunities in two levels, along with immunity to poison and disease. This is at level 7. Consider having it be a growing resistance to the given element, that turns into immunity later.

I like it though. I like it a lot, a tanky control mage who (in theory) gives up blasting potential for hindering enemies? I approve.

Westhart
2017-08-16, 12:58 PM
I like your stuff. Okay, let's go.

You forgot a hit die. Completely. Surprised it doesn't give you a Fort boost as a counter to the Pyromancer's Ref boost. Something I didn't catch with the Pyromancer, and applies here: You need to put immediately after each ability name if it's an (Ex)traordinary, (Su)pernatural, or (Sp)ell-like ability.

0.o my bad, fixed and added tags to all abilities.

The Cryomancer gets significantly fewer spells than the Pyromancer does. Not sure if this is intended

Uhm, they get 1 at every even level... 5 bonus spells that need either cold or fire descriptor...

I like Wintry Touch, a lot.

Icy Skin provides, easily, 15 DR/- by 10th level in this. So level 15. Closest thing I can compare this to is the Barbarian's 5/- at level 19. Seems a bit much for a caster compared to a martial.

And everyone (well, anyone I know) trades that away as it is pitiful, however DR can be cut down to charisma modifier (or half level if everyone prefers)

Frozen Heart is a lot of save-or-dies per day. Misspelled "Slot" there.

Put a cap; "They can only do this a number of times per day equal to their charisma bonus."

I'm concerned about someone going into both Cryomancer and the Pyromancer you made. That's two damage immunities in two levels, along with immunity to poison and disease. This is at level 7. Consider having it be a growing resistance to the given element, that turns into immunity later.

good idea, should I do resistances for both classes or just for cryomancer?

I like it though. I like it a lot, a tanky control mage who (in theory) gives up blasting potential for hindering enemies? I approve.
Thanks! Working on a sonic mae a teslamancer and a fog type mage along with so many other things :smallbiggrin:
Do you think it would be too OP if I gave them 3/4 BAB?

ElFi
2017-08-18, 08:38 AM
good idea, should I do resistances for both classes or just for cryomancer?

Maybe make the two prestige classes mutually exclusive so a single character can't benefit from both?

Westhart
2017-08-18, 08:53 AM
Hmm, I do like that idea...
In fact I think I'll do that, thanks!