PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Grappler-feat

louisb
2007-08-10, 12:27 AM
To be clear i did not create this feat . I give credit to a person named Endarrion.

Ultimate Grappler: A mangler adds half his class level (minimum +1) as an insight bonus to all grapple checks.

This feat or specail abilty is given to a class similar to the reaping mauler called the mangler .

It seems powerful but i dont know 3.5 all that well. It is integral to the mangler class( i did not create)

How powerful is that feat ? Is it unbalancing ? If a monk had it would it be too much ?

Gengy
2007-08-10, 10:28 AM
Well, if it's class specific, it's not that bad.

And even it it's not... it's still not completely broken. A +10 Grapple to a Level 20 character? PCs of that level are going to be facing things that would probably be stunned from laughing so hard before they lose at Grapple checks.

So it's not bad. If a monk had it... more power to them. I'd recommend the prerequisite of Improved Grapple first, but otherwise? Meh.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-10, 12:17 PM
Flesh it out a bit more, but looks good to me.

louisb
2007-08-10, 03:37 PM
Flesh it out a bit more, but looks good to me.

i didnt create it another created it .

Eighth_Seraph
2007-08-11, 09:05 PM
Alright, we understood that part. So this is essentially a class feature that requires the sacrifice of a feat to take. It's not a bad idea, really. Grappling is never really something that adventurers specialize in, since it leaves them open to arrows and spears and teeth and death of all other flavors, so something that makes a grappler worthwhile is welcome.

Now this puts me one step closer to completing my diabolical master plan: making a character that can defeat a great wyrm dragon by grappling its tongue into submission.
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAH!!!

Maldraugedhen
2007-08-11, 09:43 PM
Somehow I think, even with a +10, your character would get licked before the dragon bit it.