PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Finding spells that hurt yourself.

PotatoPulverize
2017-08-15, 06:26 PM
So recently I got the Ultimate Psionic by DSP for an upcoming campaign, in there is a class called Tactician that had an interesting ability that caught my eye, and got me thinking.

Basically one can take a feat that allows a Tactician to bring an enemy into his "network" with a will save, then he can use any personal spell or power (via a metapsionic feat) on the target for no save, no SR, unlimited range.

Now I know a few spells back in 3.5, one that let you suicide explode and deal damage based on spells memorized(can't remeber the name), Tenser's Transformation would shutdown a caster, also I'm pretty sure there's a wujen spell that kills yourself at end.

Is there any more hilariously ****ty spells that a tactician may use against his foes? Mostly for the lolz, I have no real pressure to optimize, plus tactician can kinda fight like a binder or bard, easy to be useful.

PS:any Pathfinder, DSP, or Official Non-campaign specific 3.5 content would likely be allowed, I have most 3.5 but only have a few pathfinder books(like maybe 10:smalleek:)+path of war/Ult Psi.

Celticbear
2017-08-15, 06:33 PM
So recently I got the Ultimate Psionic by DSP for an upcoming campaign, in there is a class called Tactician that had an interesting ability that caught my eye, and got me thinking.

Basically one can take a feat that allows a Tactician to bring an enemy into his "network" with a will save, then he can use any personal spell or power (via a metapsionic feat) on the target for no save, no SR, unlimited range.

Now I know a few spells back in 3.5, one that let you suicide explode and deal damage based on spells memorized(can't remeber the name), Tenser's Transformation would shutdown a caster, also I'm pretty sure there's a wujen spell that kills yourself at end.

Is there any more hilariously ****ty spells that a tactician may use against his foes? Mostly for the lolz, I have no real pressure to optimize, plus tactician can kinda fight like a binder or bard, easy to be useful.

PS:any Pathfinder, DSP, or Official Non-campaign specific 3.5 content would likely be allowed, I have most 3.5 but only have a few pathfinder books(like maybe 10:smalleek:)+path of war/Ult Psi.

Technically you can target yourself with a touch spell. So finger of death, vampiric touch (though that one's kind of redundant), or much MUCH more would work.

PotatoPulverize
2017-08-15, 06:46 PM
Technically you can target yourself with a touch spell. So finger of death, vampiric touch (though that one's kind of redundant), or much MUCH more would work.

yeah, I was like that when I first saw the class, but I should clarify: the original text was "range of personal and target of you", you could stretch and say by RAW maybe, but no sane DM would rule like that I'm sure, shame:smalltongue:.

darkbuu_1
2017-08-16, 02:49 AM
Pathfinder has the perfect spell, skinsend (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spells/skinsend.html). I have no idea why you would want to cast this thing on yourself.

The Wu Jen spell you're thinking of is called Transcend mortality and is 9th level.

Calthropstu
2017-08-16, 08:06 AM
Pathfinder has the perfect spell, skinsend (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spells/skinsend.html). I have no idea why you would want to cast this thing on yourself.

The Wu Jen spell you're thinking of is called Transcend mortality and is 9th level.

Why on earth would that skinsend spell exist? Did some wizard get really really drunk and say in a bar "Hey guys, watch this!"
And it scars too, so it even leaves a display of your epic stupidity.

This spell has inspired me to create a spell book. It will contain a bunch of custom spells belonging to one Dreyfus the Eternally Drunk.