PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Sacred Fist Warpriest

Nosta
2017-08-16, 11:40 AM
so I got talked in to changing over to Warpriest and want to go sacred fist.

My question is i've heard of things such as Divine fighting Techniques and would like to know what one would be good for a sacred fist

I have 7 levels to work with and am going human for the fav class bonues

chimaeraUndying
2017-08-16, 11:54 AM
Elf or Human are probably the best picks on a favored class basis - if you're at ECL 7, then you've got an additional Arcana (if you're an Elf), or 1.75 additional arcane points. Elves get you a nice attribute distribution towards the stats you care about, better spell penetration, and proficiency with bows; Humans get you an extra feat (which if you're using a bow you're gonna want). Up to you which is worth more, but I think Elf might be slightly better.

Nosta
2017-08-16, 12:08 PM
Also sticking mostly to the Base build what is the fast way i can turn my Eldritch Archer magus in an arcane Archer
any class i can take to up the BAB and still get in faster?

Psyren
2017-08-16, 12:11 PM
I would recommend Tiefling; same stat bonuses as the Elf, and you can also pick up a Prehensile Tail that you can use while your bow is occupying your hands to activate rods, wands etc.

I'd recommend against multiclassing as very few ways of doing so are worth the caster level loss.

chimaeraUndying
2017-08-16, 12:26 PM
Also sticking mostly to the Base build what is the fast way i can turn my Eldritch Archer magus in an arcane Archer
any class i can take to up the BAB and still get in faster?

I'd recommend against multiclassing as very few ways of doing so are worth the caster level loss.

As Psyren mentioned, multiclassing hurts casters quite a bit. Furthermore, prestige classes in general are only occasionally worth it for a caster (since usually they'll cost you a few levels of casting progression). Specifically here, Arcane Archer loses you three levels of caster progress over its ten-level progression, and further, doesn't really get you anything that an Eldritch Archer can't already do with a bit of elbow grease.

Nifft
2017-08-16, 12:30 PM
How do you feel about a Cleric archer?

(It is magical, but it might not be the right type of magic.)

An Elf Cloistered Cleric with Knowledge + Elf + War has a pretty spiffy head start on the Archery feats, too.

You can use Persist-o-mancy to get full BAB all day via Divine Power, another bonus to attack & damage via Divine Favor.

Eldariel
2017-08-16, 12:35 PM
PF or 3.5? I assume PF, in which case Arcane Archer with Prestigious Spellcaster (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/prestigious-spellcaster/) enough times for full casting is certainly reasonable. Though the class doesn't really do much after level 2, so you could consider other full BAB gish stuff (EK isn't horrible, if not amazing). If you go AA, I do recommend Wizard-base though, since getting full 9th level spells and all the good stuff that follows from that is one of the reasons to go PRC over just Magus. And spells are still incredibly good, from Time Stop buff sequences to Imbued AMFs.

If you're 3.5, I'd tend towards Bard 8/Arcane Archer 2/Sublime Chord 2/Sacred Exorcist 8 (Star Elf [Unapproachable East] is ideal). Alternatively, with fractional BAB you could also use Bard 5/Lyric Thaumaturge 3/Arcane Archer 2/Sublime Chord 2/Sacred Exorcist 8 (this gets you extra 1st + 2nd level spell known) or Bard 6/Ruathar 2/Arcane Archer 2/Sublime Chord 2/Sacred Exorcist 8 (Ruathar gets some cool stuff including Longbow Proficiency and is only 3 levels long anyways and ties into the Elvenkind). It's an elegant, solid build with 16 BAB & nigh' full casting and great skills. You can use Sacred Exorcist to pick Divine Might feat and get your Charisma to bow damage by burning your many Turn Undead uses. If you had the Fey subtype (perhaps through Unseelie Fey [DR304] template, or Half-Fey [Fiend Folio] if LA buyoff is on the table), you could also use Charming the Arrow (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fey/20030815a) to get Cha to hit for Charisma SAD. All of these get the only useful ability from Arcane Archer (Imbue Arrow) with full casting allowing you to go around casting Antimagic Fields, Maws of Chaos, Dimensional Locks and whatever on your enemies while simultaneously shooting them in the face.

Psyren
2017-08-16, 12:42 PM
How do you feel about a Cleric archer?

(It is magical, but it might not be the right type of magic.)

An Elf Cloistered Cleric with Knowledge + Elf + War has a pretty spiffy head start on the Archery feats, too.

You can use Persist-o-mancy to get full BAB all day via Divine Power, another bonus to attack & damage via Divine Favor.

I think the OP is playing PF since they mentioned Magus, and Persistomancy doesn't really work there. (Even if it did, Divine Power is no o longer the instant-martial buff it was in 3.5.)

Nosta
2017-08-16, 12:48 PM
changed the build idea.
I got talked out of the magic archer but still want to play a Gish
so I am going Scared fist War-priest

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-08-16, 01:44 PM
Edit: You really need to make up your mind... Still, the below race can just move the +4 Int to +4 Wis and it should be suitable for a Warpriest.

Tiefling gets bonuses to Dex and Int, but they're only 13 RP and you don't have any special Magus favored class options. However, if you're able to customize a race (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/creating-new-races/) to get up to 20 RP you've got plenty of options. I'd propose the following Tiefling variant:

Tiefling, Drow-Spawn (20 RP)
The drow have had dealings with fiends for as long as anyone can remember, it's no surprise that there are many who can claim a fiendish heritage. Such offspring are often recognized for their strengths, but just as often they're shunned for not being of pure blood. Outside of drow society they're even more of an outcast if their true heritage is revealed, but often their fiendish features are so subtle they can pass for a normal drow, or so strong that their drow features aren't even noticeable.

Ability Scores (Advanced, 4 RP): +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Int, -2 Cha
Type (3 RP): Outsider (Native, Elf) - Counts as humanoid (elf) as well as outsider (native) for all purposes (such as humanoid-affecting spells like charm person or enlarge person).
Size (0 RP): Medium
Speed (0 RP): Normal 30 ft.
Languages (0 RP): Drow-Spawn Tieflings begin play speaking Elven and Undercommon. Drow with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Abyssal, Aklo, Aquan, Common, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, or Goblin. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.

Fiendish Resistance (3 RP): Tieflings have cold resistance 5, electricity resistance 5, and fire resistance 5.
Immunities (2 RP): Drow are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.
Spell Resistance (2 RP): Drow possess spell resistance (SR) equal to 6 plus their total number of class levels.

Keen Senses (2 RP): Drow gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.

Spell-Like Abilities (Su) (3 RP): Drow-Spawn Tieflings can cast darkness and faerie fire, once each per day. The caster level for this ability equals the tiefling’s character level.

Superior Darkvision (1 RP, upgraded from Outsider's default 60 ft.): Drow have superior darkvision, allowing them to see perfectly in the dark up to 120 feet.

Alternate Racial Traits

Drow List: Ambitious Schemer, Champion of Dark Powers, Seducer, Sure Step (2 RP), Underworld Guide (2 RP)*

Tiefling List: Light from the Darkness, Maw or Claw, Pass for Human**, Scaled Skin, Underworld Guide (2 RP)*

* Underworld Guide appears on both lists. If you sacrifice both Keen Senses and the Darkness spell-like ability for it, the cost is 0 RP.

** Pass for Human's type and subtype change are automatically included. Every Drow-Spawn Tiefling has the option to either Pass for Drow or Pass for Tiefling, or neither, chosen on character creation. If Pass for Drow is chosen, such a tiefling doesn’t need to succeed at a Disguise check to appear to be drow, and he may not select other racial traits that would grant him obviously fiendish features (such as the maw or claw, or scaled skin alternate racial traits). If Pass for Tiefling is chosen, such a tiefling doesn’t need to succeed at a Disguise check to appear to be a normal, non-drow tiefling, and may choose to begin play speaking Common instead of Undercommon.

Favored Class Options

If Pass for Drow was selected, the character may not use Tiefling favored class options. If Pass for Tiefling was selected, the character may not use Drow favored class options.

Race Traits (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/race-traits)

If Pass for Drow was selected, the character may not use race traits with Tiefling as a prerequisite. If Pass for Tiefling was selected, the character may not use race traits with Drow or Elf as a prerequisite.