PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Sacred Fist/Master of many styles

Nosta
2017-08-16, 06:17 PM
so I settled on a Divine Gish for my back up character and would really love some help fleshing him out
I understand class abilities and just need help picking out my feats
and choosing how to spread out my class levels
I plan to make a level 12 build as that will should be were the build would be at the end of the game

so can some one help me pick out my feats. I got a little confused on how many feats i get

Darrin
2017-08-17, 07:54 AM
so can some one help me pick out my feats. I got a little confused on how many feats i get

I'm not sure I can suggest anything without a build stub. What's your race and entry method? I would guess Human and Monk 2/Cleric 4?

Eldariel
2017-08-17, 08:28 AM
so I settled on a Divine Gish for my back up character and would really love some help fleshing him out
I understand class abilities and just need help picking out my feats
and choosing how to spread out my class levels
I plan to make a level 12 build as that will should be were the build would be at the end of the game

What's your plan with the combination? That is, why are you mixing the two instead of taking either class all the way? Either way, Monk has the natural two-level dip still, and you'd need until level 8 to get the third style so I'd tend towards MoMS 2/Sacred Fist 10, but I don't see much you'd miss out on by taking straight Sacred Fist instead unless you plan to heavily invest in some styles. SF12 puts you only 1 level away from 5th level spells with all the fun stuff that entails (Righteous Might and Plane Shift for instance).

Psyren
2017-08-17, 09:00 AM
Most of the time, and especially if you're multiclassing, Master of Many Styles is not needed - you can use Combat Style Master instead which lets you switch styles as a free action, which means you can do so even during other actions. But we need more details to determine if that's the case, such as the exact styles you want to combine.

Nosta
2017-08-17, 09:30 AM
Most of the time, and especially if you're multiclassing, Master of Many Styles is not needed - you can use Combat Style Master instead which lets you switch styles as a free action, which means you can do so even during other actions. But we need more details to determine if that's the case, such as the exact styles you want to combine.

I'd like to focus on Crane snake and panther.
I want to focus on AoO and such and countering my foe

CharonsHelper
2017-08-17, 10:16 AM
I'll just pop in and say it sounds like you're thinking of the old Master of Many Styles archetype - which was an OP 2 level dip but a horrible sole class.

It was errata'd pretty hard to make it a much more viable class to focus on and a MUCH less OP 2 level dip.

In the Master of Many Styles archetype, change the Bonus Feat ability to the following:
Bonus Feat: At 1st level, 2nd level, and every four levels thereafter, a master of many styles may select a bonus style feat or the Elemental Fist feat (Advanced Player’s Guide 158). He does not need to meet the prerequisites of that feat, except the Elemental Fist feat. Starting at 6th level, a master of many styles can choose to instead gain a wildcard style slot. Whenever he enters one or more styles, he can spend his wildcard style slots to gain feats in those styles’ feat paths (such as Earth Child Topple) as long as he meets the prerequisites. Each time he changes styles, he can also change these wildcard style slots. This ability replaces a monk’s standard bonus feats.

• Page 60—In the Fuse Style entry, in the second paragraph, after the second sentence, add the following: He gains a bonus on attack rolls equal to the number of styles whose stances he currently has active.

So - you can't dip 2 levels to get a full style chain anymore, but the extra bonuses somewhat make up for losing Flurry eventually.

I've actually built but never played a Tengu Master of Many Styles which used his bite & claws in addition to unarmed attacks. For a normal monk that's pretty horrible since you can't combine them with flurry, but since the MoMS already gives up flurry there is no drawback to adding natural weapons to the mix.