PDA

View Full Version : Master-Evil Supremacy Speech [SoD Spoilers]

Tá leabhar agam
2007-08-10, 07:15 AM
Let me just start by saying I was very impressed by...
...Xykons Master-Evil Supremacy Speech (or MESS) in Start of Darkness, really disclosing what a badass he was, and with a strange beauty connecting all the dots of this "untold" Master-Slave relation between him and Redcloak.

Then I began to think about the other insanely evil character of this comic, Belkar. While Belkar may have no slave, the parallels are otherwise stunning:

- Both plays with their victims, but have rare glimpses (however misguided) of showing "mercy" (see Xykons treatment of Miko and Belkars... 2 cents... (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0171.html))
- Both are extremely aggressive.
- Both have a failing memory, but are gifted with a decent intellect, as well as good oratorical skills.

The real difference I guess is that they (beyond their Class-differences) have different spiritual perspective. One sees that Belkars statement that "the power to inflict bodily harm was always mine" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0085.html) is infact the realisation that he alone is responsible for the making (the killing) in the world. Xykon on the other hand states as his second (and most important) secret behind his ways, that he gave up humanity "not to admit weakness." This would allow one to say that Xykon not only is master, but also slave in the fact that he craves power beyond everything (in the end even his ability to relive/remember the good things - the coffee incident). While Belkar is "free" (but perhaps mentally colorblind), Xykon has chosen his path, and it would seem he's doomed either way, as arch-villains should be.

So what I imagine is that they have their MESS sometime in the future, but maybe it's just to much to hope for.

An alternative scenario, however, could be...
...that Vaarsuvius who unleashed Belkar in OoPCs joins as the absolute opposite of both, and together Belkar challenges Xykon as yet another arrogant wizard (only more concentrated and strategical).

Oh well, it seems I have overdone this post... bury me alive.