PDA

View Full Version : Forgot the name of a Monster

CaptainSarathai
2017-08-17, 02:18 AM
This is lazy, I know, but I tried a Google search and couldn't find it, looked in the 5e MM and Volo's, and couldn't find it.

There's a monster in D&D lore, humanoid, looks like a Gnoll. However, they aren't gnolls, they're elves that were exiled or fell from grace a long time ago (no, not Drow) and now they're furry and wolfish and such; like I said, like gnolls but not actually gnolls.

The problem is, I can't remember what the heck they're called, and I want to use them in an adventure I'm writing.
Help!

hymer
2017-08-17, 02:26 AM
Flind? Ten characters.

JackPhoenix
2017-08-17, 02:35 AM
If you can't remember his name, call him Bob.

You're propably thinking of Quaggoth, although I'm not sure of that elven connection except
one NPC who thinks he's an elf prince turned into a Quaggoth. He's wrong, though, he's just mad.

Chugger
2017-08-17, 02:45 AM
Sounds familiar, but I can't think of it. Tried a search and got crap. Sorry.

holywhippet
2017-08-17, 03:31 AM
Wolf elves maybe? http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Elves,_Wolf_(3.5e_Race)

lunaticfringe
2017-08-17, 06:40 AM
Do you recall the Edition or Setting? Perhaps it was a Module? That would help narrow it down a lot. I had a few ideas, but in double checking they didn't pan out.

CaptainSarathai
2017-08-17, 06:26 PM
Do you recall the Edition or Setting? Perhaps it was a Module? That would help narrow it down a lot. I had a few ideas, but in double checking they didn't pan out.

Unfortunately, no. It was during a (particularly bad) Homebrew campaign, and the DAM described the monster and then said it's name. Some of the older players (3.5 and earlier) knew the monster and recalled the bit about elves. I played during 3.5 but had never heard of it, so perhaps 2nd or so?

The longer I think about it, the more I think "Quaggoth" is the right monster, but he had them wielding crossbows and wearing armor carrying torches, etc, which didn't seem to mesh with their savage natures.

King539
2017-08-17, 08:24 PM
Quaggoths. They aren't corrupted elves in 5e, but rather lost a war with them in the past and were driven belowground.

Elminster298
2017-08-18, 03:24 AM
Unless you are talking about the Lythari which are a natural sort of werewolf elves without the curse...

ImproperJustice
2017-08-19, 11:15 PM
Wait a minute.......

Was the GM a fan of the Black Company Novels?

I recall an antagonist that was like a vampire werewolf elf thing with terrifying capabilities. I can't remeber what it is called.
It didn't need tools though and was solitary.

90sMusic
2017-08-20, 12:40 AM
Quaggoths. They aren't corrupted elves in 5e, but rather lost a war with them in the past and were driven belowground.

This. Quaggoths were elves that had a really rough time. Kind of like Tolkein's orcs and uruk-hai.

Vaz
2017-08-20, 07:03 AM
Draegloth?