PDA

View Full Version : Beating Heart, set sail! IC (PRIVATE)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 10:21 AM
Today is the day! After months of careful planning, Gabriel Scorn is finally ready to start his life exploring the stars! Sure, he might have a small ship and a bare-bones crew, but this is his dream, and his crew is made up of his closest friends! The young noble heads out to the docking station of planet Kalimdor. There's already a job lined up for him to get started with, and he'll be meeting up at the ship with his crew.

And to think... just a few years before, nobody thought he'd be able to fulfill his dream because of his illness. But his friend Facia Sanguine had found a doctor who could administer his required treatments, making all of this possible.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 10:56 AM
Gabriel checks his luggage one more time. Darven will be running logistics and acting as a pilot when Gabriel is incapacitated. Teira is his ship's mechanic, she will be leaving her shop in the care of her son while she's off world. And Clarisse is coming with him too, because...well, because neither of them is really certain what she would do if she remained at the estate without him.

A small crew, but he's ready to earn his place in the world and make his father proud. He's going to expand this ship into a company that makes Scorn a household name across the galaxy.

He needs to meet with this doctor, though. Gabriel checks his watch as he approaches the hangar. This is really last minute, he won't be able to reject the doctor if there's something wrong with him. Damn Facia, couldn't she have given them more time to run a background check?

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 12:27 PM
Darven and Teira are both making last-minute tune-ups to the ship as Gabriel arrives. Clarisse is nowhere to be seen, but since she'd headed out before him it's likely that she's tidying up his living quarters inside. He doesn't see anybody else besides Facia, who... has a set of luggage with her?

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 12:43 PM
Gabriel walks up to the lashunta woman with surprise. "Doctor Sanguine. A pleasure to see you, as always. Is the medical expert you referred on his way?"

Gabriel no longer refers to Facia as 'Lady Sanguine', because nobility is something that happened to her by chance. Her medical title is one she earned with hard work, and deserves more respect in his eyes. As for himself, he may still be 'Lord Scorn' to everyone else, but to his crew he is simply 'Captain', a title he intends to also earn through hard work.

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 12:47 PM
The lashunta woman sighs. "First of all, it's 'Cia'. Second, you're looking at the medical expert."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 12:56 PM
Gabriel frowns. "Doctor Sanguine, how long do you intend to hold on to the past? I gave you that nickname ten years ago. I am not the little boy I was back then. And you..."

He walks past her, his face forward and his eyes anywhere but meeting hers. "...are not that little girl."

For a brief moment, Facia hears the sound of regret in his voice. But it's gone with his next brisk statement. "Welcome aboard."

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 01:08 PM
Facia lets out a small sigh. She looks like she wants to say something, but she simply nods. "Thank you... Captain." She walks into the ship.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 01:12 PM
Gabriel walks over to Darven. "Lieutenant, run through our itinerary and mission objectives with me once more."

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 01:17 PM
Darven pulls his goggles up and adjusts his glasses; the ratfolk's long nights of staring at data screens had made him incredibly near-sighted. "Let's see... We're going to Bes to deliver twelve crates of medical supplies. We're departing within the next couple hours, stopping at Dalaran to pick up the shipment, and then heading straight to Bes for the drop-off."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 01:22 PM
Bes. Home sweet home. A bunch of ice and miners freezing to death in ice. Still, work was work. And what better maiden voyage for his ship than a destination he knows like the back of his hand?

"Anything I need to know about Dalaran?" he asks, doing his best to keep his eyes on the screen and away from the mechanic.

She will know he's thinking about her. Somehow, she always knows the worst time to interrupt and pull one hundred percent of his attention to her.

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 01:30 PM
"Well, it's-"

Teira peers out of the engine room, clad in her form-fitting environmental suit. "Gabriel, darling, could you pass me that spanner?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 01:33 PM
Gabriel clears his throat. "Teira, as long as we are in this hangar or on board, you will refer to me as Captain. Is that clear?" he asks sternly.

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 01:35 PM
She smiles at him. "Of course, Captain." He can practically hear her adding 'darling' at the end, as if it were part of her title.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 01:37 PM
Gabriel grabs the spanner and hands it to her. "And...put something on over...all of that!" he mutters, his euphemism sounding more dirty (and flattering) than him just saying what he's referring to. "Lady Brecombe is coming to see me off, I don't want anything to ruin that moment."

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 01:54 PM
"You don't want her feeling jealous is more like it..."

Clarisse emerges from Gabriel's quarters and beams at him. "I can't believe it, you're finally going to be able to live up to the dream you've had for so long! I'm so happy for you, Lord Gabriel! Er, Captain!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 01:58 PM
Gabriel shoots Darven a dirty look.

He smiles broadly at Clarisse. Her honest, enthusiastic support is like a shower and a nap all at once. It refreshes him, invigorates him. "Yes. I won't let my leg keep me from putting my name all over the universe. But...are you sure you want to come with us? I'm sure you could find work at another estate in Kalimdor if you stayed behind..."

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 02:03 PM
Clarisse shakes her head. "No, I want to stay with you, Captain!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 02:06 PM
Gabriel sighs and nods. "Alright. Everyone, get an environmental suit from Teira and put it on. They should all match."

While he leaves the crew to make their preparations, Gabriel heads back outside to wait for his fiancé.

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 04:01 PM
After half an hour of waiting, Gabriel sees Christine approaching with one of her servants following behind. "So... you're really going through with this, then?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 04:10 PM
Gabriel turns to face her. "Yes. Don't worry, Christine. I'll make the Scorn name one that you will be proud to wear. I promise." He smiles and takes her hand, giving it a polite kiss.

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 04:20 PM
The vesk smiles at him, but she sighs soon after. "I really wish you'd stay. Father had hoped that you would remain here and start working toward becoming part of the Council..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 04:23 PM
Gabriel rubs the back of his neck uncomfortably. "I appreciate your father's confidence, but politics isn't for everyone you know. I think I'd lose my mind if I was sitting behind a desk all day."

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 04:26 PM
"I know..." She looks conflicted. "...Do what makes you happy, Gabriel. I want you to be able to enjoy what you do for a living."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 04:28 PM
Gabriel embraces her and smiles. "I'll be back soon."

He waves and gets on the ship to head out to Dalaran!

Diachronos
2017-08-17, 11:04 PM
The ship is cleared for takeoff, and they're soon on their way. The tip to Dalaran would be relatively short, but it'll still take a while.
[roll0] days

Once they're outside of Kalimdor's atmosphere, Darven sits down in the cockpit beside Gabriel. "Not gonna lie... I'm pretty stoked."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-17, 11:24 PM
Gabriel chuckles. "Indeed. I can still remember what you told me when I announced my engagement. 'Why would I choose a wife on Kalimdor when I haven't seen the rest of the world yet?'"

He nods. "Adventure. Purpose. Love. No matter what you sought when you joined this voyage, I'm confident that you'll find it. Space is the best place to look."

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 12:47 AM
Darven nods. "Even if I don't, we're bound to have some fun stories after this."

ShabbyAway
2017-08-18, 12:49 AM
con! great

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 12:51 AM
Once Gabriel is certain the ship is on the right path, he stands up and heads to his quarters to examine what Clarisse has done with the place.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 12:54 AM
The room is spotless, and organized much like his room back on Kalimdor (if a bit cramped).

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 12:58 AM
Gabriel stares. "Cl..Clarisse?" he calls out hesitantly, just in case she happens to be nearby.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 01:05 AM
The maid emerges from the ship's bathroom. She looks a little queasy. "I-I'm here, Captain..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 01:12 AM
In an instant, Gabriel is helping to support her. His arm accidentally wraps around her waist as he pulls her into him, but he brushes it off for now. He leads her over to Facia's office.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 01:13 AM
Facia is busy putting her things away when they arrive. Clarisse is still blushing heavily from having Gabriel's arm around her when Facia speaks up. "What seems to be the trouble?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 06:53 AM
"Clarisse isn't feeling well. Tell Doctor Sanguine whats wrong."

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 08:40 AM
"I-it's nothing, really, I just-"\

Facia's eyes light up. "Now, now, none of that. Captain, I believe the young lady needs a physical to determine what's wrong."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 08:45 AM
Gabriel nods. "Thank you very much, Doctor Sanguine. Please assess Clarisse's condition immediately. She is vital to the operation of this ship."

Any possible thoughts Clarisse might have had that Gabriel doesn't want her on this ship or that she's just in the way are dispelled with this bold and firm declaration.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 08:55 AM
"Oh, I completely agree! Now, then, let's get you checked-"

Clarisse blushes and covers her face. "I'm just nauseous cuz it's my first time leaving the ground!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 08:57 AM
Gabriel frowns. "Clarisse, please. You may think it's just space-sickness, but Facia is a trained and licensed medical doctor. If she says you need a physical, you need a physical. It's not like she's going to charge you for anything."

The pilot gives Facia a smile that shows his total faith in her.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 09:02 AM
Facia blushes. "W-well... maybe a full physical isn't necessary, but I still want to give you a checkup so we can catch any potential problems."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 09:03 AM
Gabriel nods and sends Clarisse into Facia's office. He waits patiently for the two of them to return.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 09:15 AM
Clarisse comes out after a while, looking a little better. Facia follows her out and examines a datapad. "It's just space-sickness. The fact that she's never been in any kind of flying vehicle doesn't help matters at all. Clarisse will be fine, she just needs time to get acclimated to being on the ship."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 09:16 AM
Gabriel nods. "Very good. Clarisse, please return to your quarters. I need to speak to Doctor Sanguine alone."

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 10:28 AM
Clarisse nods and heads off. Facia puts her datapad away. "What do you need, Captain?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 11:04 AM
Gabriel crosses his arms. "Don't act all innocent. I let this go earlier because we needed to take off. Why are you suddenly showing up to my ship claiming to be an 'expert' on genetic marrow deficiencies? If this is just an excuse to run away from your duties...you know Lord Pence was really willing to try and work with you, I think you should have given him more of a chance..."

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 11:18 AM
Facia stares at him for a few seconds, before pulling out a small case. She opens it, revealing a diploma and license indicating that she is a legitimate expert in that exact field. "You said that you were worried you'd never find one who would be willing to devote their time to taking care of you."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 11:19 AM
Gabriel checks the diploma with surprise. "But why? Why did you change your path, why did you study this...just to come on this trip?"

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 11:43 AM
"Gabriel, I didn't have a path before this. And I wasn't about to let your dream die."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 11:52 AM
Gabriel frowns. "Facia, you're older than me," he exclaims. His frustration is so great he lets her first name slip out for the first time in a year. "Why would you give up your own practice, your own estate, your ow chance at happiness to go on a bunch of cargo hauling missions? I tried everything I could to help you meet a good husband because I wanted you to be happy, the way my mother is happy!"

And there it is. His bull headedness, his refusal to acknowledge her desire to live as a lesbian, his continuing pressure on her. It was all for her sake, so she could be a proper lady and housewife and be happy. Just like his mother. Just like her mother. Just like Olivia. Facia had been wondering why Gabriel seemed to refuse to listen when she wanted to do her own thing but now it's clear that Gabriel assumed she would simply grow out of it because there are no rebellious noble women older than her.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 12:42 PM
Facia crosses her arms. "Gabriel, I'm not your mother. Maybe that life works for her, and other noblewomen, but it doesn't work for me."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 01:30 PM
He takes a step back, shocked. "So then, what? You'll never get married? Never have kids? Just fly around with me until you get old?"

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 01:40 PM
"Never have to pretend to be someone I'm not, never have to be prim and proper just to make myself fit in with everybody else wearing their fake smiles... yes, it sounds like just a horrible life." She goes back to putting her things away.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 01:43 PM
Gabriel looks down. "...Cia, I...I can't give you what you want. You know that, don't you? Christine...If you did this because of me, I -" He trails off. There are some things that are just too difficult to say out loud.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 01:47 PM
"Gabriel, I made my choices, and there's no turning back now. That's all that matters."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 01:57 PM
He sighs. "...Well then. As you were, Doctor." The captain gives her a nod, and returns to the deck.

He takes a seat in the pilot chair and brings up the navigation.

"Charting a course for Dalaran proper. All hands, fasten seat belts as we veer in the proper direction," he calls over the ship's intercom.

Gabriel pulls up a map of the galaxy on his screen and Darven forwards all the information he needs to that screen. Gabriel's hands dash across the touch screen, making proper calibrations, scanning various threats, and charting the right course for the final movement. Once he sets his direction all he will need to do is leave the ship on autopilot for the next six days unless there is some emergency.

Piloting check: [roll0]

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 02:21 PM
Gabriel sets the course easily, and the ship is put on course without issue.

How will he spend the next six days of travel?

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 02:27 PM
That night, Gabriel and the other crew sit down at the table together.

"Clarisse, I'm sorry to ask this of you. I know you don't usually cook for this many people," he calls into the kitchen.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 02:45 PM
"It's okay, Captain, I have it covered!"

Teira stands up. "I'll give her a hand."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 02:55 PM
Gabriel raises an eyebrow. "You can cook? ...well, if you're offering, I would be a fool to say no. Thank you, Teira." he says to the mechanic.

The captain turns to his lieutenant. "I'm sorry, Lieutenant. Earlier, you were trying to tell me something I should know about Dalaran?"

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 03:29 PM
"Yeah... there's some serious gang activity in the city we're stopping at, so we'll need to be cautious."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 03:30 PM
Gabriel blinks. "Gang activity? Well, that shouldn't bother a cargo vessel, right?"

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 03:31 PM
"You'd think, but these types do all kinds of stupid and dangerous things."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 03:33 PM
Gabriel nods. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a shock grenade. "Alright. I'll be ready then. Don't worry. I know I never got around to hiring security for this ship. But that is totally not because I blew all my security money painting flames on the side of the Beating Heart. It is, in fact, because we don't need security when we have me."

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 03:36 PM
"You're going to get yourself hurt, Gabriel..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 03:40 PM
Gabriel frowns. "Doctor Sanguine, as long as you are a passenger on my ship you will refer to me as all my crew does. Captain, or Captain Scorn. ...And no one said the life of a pilot was a safe one. Injuries don't scare me."

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 03:45 PM
"That said, she's right. You're not going to be able to keep the ship safe from everything by yourself, and I don't think Teira's going to be able to scare everybody off with just a wrench."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 03:47 PM
Gabriel frowns. "Alright, alright. After we get the pay for this job, I'll hire someone to take care of security. We'll just have to be extra careful until then."

He puts the grenade back in his pocket.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 03:48 PM
"It's a good thing you've got two people who can help with that for now, at least."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 03:51 PM
Gabriel blinks and looks up. "What...you mean you and Teira? Darven, if you and I are both injured there's no one who can fly this damn thing. You're not leaving this ship unless I'm on it, period, and vice versa. If something happens to one of us, the other one needs to get Clarisse and Fa-...Clarisse and Doctor Sanguine to safety. Immediately."

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 03:54 PM
"What? No, I'm not a fighter. I can mess with people and fight machines, but that's it."

"He means me, Captain."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 04:03 PM
Gabriel chokes on his wine. "Sorry, what? I'm not letting her anywhere near a group of thugs like the ones on Dalaran. I would rather die protecting you than you getting hurt for me," he says seriously, looking at her.

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 04:51 PM
"Captain, part of being a doctor is knowing what can cause trouble for a person's body. Once you know how to fix something, it's even easier to figure out how to take it apart."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 05:29 PM
Gabriel blinks. "Thats the creepiest thing I've ever heard...Anyway, how will you even do that? It's not like you can set up an operating table on the battlefield."

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 05:31 PM
"I have magic, and I know how to fire a gun. Setting up an operating table has nothing to do with it."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 05:37 PM
Gabriel sighs. "Alright, fine...huh. It's odd that they're taking so long. Doctor Sanguine, would you go check on Teira and Clarisse?"

Diachronos
2017-08-18, 06:22 PM
Facia stands up, but she doesn't make it to the door before Clarisse and Teira come out with dinner.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-18, 06:45 PM
Gabriel smiles and gestures for the group to sit down and eat together. He has Clarisse sit on his left, while Darven sits on his right. "Okay, everyone! Dig in!"

The group starts to eat and Teira takes charge of the conversation.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 12:21 PM
Gabriel puts his fork down. "Alright. Clarisse, Teira, we have reports of criminal activity on the surface of Dalaran. I'll be leaving the ship alone to collect the goods. If anything happens, Darven is authorized to leave me behind and get you all to safety."

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 12:26 PM
Clarisse drops her fork. "W-what?! But... but Captain, we can't just abandon you!"

"We won't need to. If anything happens, we'll handle it together."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 12:28 PM
Gabriel frowns. "Absolutely not. I have no intention of flying back to Kalimdor with nothing but a wrench to give Caleb. You are staying out of the line of fire just like everyone else on this ship."

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 12:31 PM
"So... we're supposed to just sit here and let you do everything dangerous by yourself?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 12:36 PM
"Them's the breaks when you have a barebones crew. Anything I can do, Darven can do. No one on the ship can repair her, or repair the crew, except you two."

He doesn't realize that he seems to have left a spot open. Clarisse, as the only person on board without vital skills, wouldn't hinder the ship operating if she died or got left behind. But of course Gabriel wouldn't bother bringing that up because there's no way Clarisse would want to fight.

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 12:39 PM
"Th-then I'll go with you!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 12:41 PM
Gabriel stares across the table. "What...did you say?" he asks the maid incredulously.

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 12:46 PM
Clarisse gulps. "Y-you can't go out by yourself and just leave everybody behind on the ship. Since everyone else is needed here, I'm the only other one who can afford to leave, so I'm the best one to go with you!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 12:49 PM
Gabriel hesitates. He wants to say no. He wants to say that he wants to protect Clarisse from harm most of all. But does that really justify giving up manpower that could save Facia and Teira.[/color]"

He takes a long gulp of wine. "...Darven, take command for now. I'm going to train Clarisse for a while."

Without another word, he stands up and heads to the weapons room.

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 12:57 PM
"Uh..."

Clarisse gets up and follows him. "What... train? What do you mean, Captain?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 12:58 PM
Gabriel looks back at her. "What do you think I mean? You're not going to be a sitting duck out there with me. If you want to come and help me secure this cargo, you need to know how to fire a blaster."

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 01:03 PM
"A-a blaster?"

They arrive at the weapons room. It doesn't have much in it, but there are a few basic weapons that shouldn't take too long to train the maid to use.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 01:07 PM
Gabriel picks up a small arms and hands it to Clarisse. "We're going to be facing real people out there. Human and alien. You're going to need to put whatever kindness and sensitivity you have aside so you can protect the people you care about. Now point, and shoot. If you can shoot me, you can shoot at anyone." He knows it will be hard for her to even point the gun towards him.

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 01:14 PM
Within seconds it's obvious that Clarisse hasn't held anything more threatening than a kitchen knife. She fumbles with the blaster in her attempts to get the right grip on it. "What? You... you want me to shoot you?!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 01:16 PM
Gabriel nods. "Here. Hold it this way and point it with this end. Pull the trigger. Aim it at my chest."

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 01:18 PM
Clarisse shakes her head and moves to put the gun down. "I-I'm not going to shoot you!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 01:27 PM
Gabriel sighs. "I'll be just fine. One blast isn't going to kill me, and Facia can help me patch up after."

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 05:08 PM
"But... L-Lord Gabriel, I can't do this. I'm your servant, my purpose is to ensure your happiness and well-being!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 05:22 PM
Gabriel smiles. "It's okay, Clarisse. I trust you. I know you won't mean it, but you need to be brave for everyone."

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 05:47 PM
Clarisse's hands are shaking. "Please... I don't want to hurt you..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 05:57 PM
Gabriel nods. "Alright, fine. Aim at the target." He points at a target across the room.

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 06:27 PM
Clarisse raises the blaster, hands still shaking a bit, and pulls the trigger.

Her aim leaves much to be desired. Not only does her shot completely miss the target, but it manages to ricochet and hit Gabriel square in the shoulder.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 06:44 PM
Gabriel jumps back in surprise from the stray shot, and he lands...not so well.

*CRACK*

Gabriel covers his mouth to keep from swearing in front of the maid but Clarisse can see his leg is a bloody mess. His shoulder doesn't look much better.

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 06:48 PM
Clarisse screams, and within seconds Facia barges into the room with a medkit under one arm. "Oh, gods, Gabriel..." She kneels behind him. "Well, it's a good thing it's going to take us six days to get to Dalaran..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 06:51 PM
Gabriel chuckles. "Clarisse, it's fine. I was due for another break any day now. These things happen."

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 06:53 PM
"You wouldn't be if you kept up with your treatments...."

Clarisse falls to her knees, staring with tear-filled eyes at Gabriel's shoulder and thigh.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 06:55 PM
"Clarisse, I'm fine. I promise. Just...practice on your own for the next few days while Doctor Sanguine patches me up."

He heads to the medical bay with Facia.

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 07:00 PM
Facia sits Gabriel down and gets to work on patching him up. As per usual, there's no gentle touch involved. "Honestly, I can't imagine what you could've been thinking in there..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 07:02 PM
"She needs to know how to shoot if she wants to help."

Diachronos
2017-08-19, 07:11 PM
"Maybe, but you could've picked a less-reckless method."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-19, 07:29 PM
"I suppose you're right. So, how does the shoulder look?"

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 02:15 AM
"It's a flesh wound. Your leg's what has me worried."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 02:18 AM
Gabriel tilts his head. "Why are you worried about me?" he asks.

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 03:57 AM
"We've been offworld for one day and you've already had your leg break. Why wouldn't I be worried?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 08:17 AM
Gabriel sighs. "I'm sorry. I'll be more careful."

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 09:20 AM
"You'd better. I can lose the pleasant bedside manner in a heartbeat if it'll drive the point home."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 09:26 AM
This is her 'pleasant bedside manner'? I guess it's a good thing I'm the only patient she'll ever have..."

"Alright, I'm in your care."

Gabriel remains in Facia's office for as long as it takes to recover from his injuries.

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 09:45 AM
Facia finishes patching him up, which takes a couple of hours. She helps him into a wheelchair. "Stay off that leg for a few hours, I don't it breaking again right away."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 10:25 AM
Gabriel sighs and turns his wheelchair to look out one of the windows. "We're really here. ...I haven't seen space since I first came to Kalimdor ten years ago. That was the first time I had ever flown as well. As soon as I saw all the stars and the planets and the...emptiness, I knew I had to find out what was out there. Facia, I've never cared about anything more than I care about being a pilot. And well, at the end of the day, I'm glad I get to share all this wondrous space with you."

The word 'you' has some special emphasis as he turns to look at her.

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 10:32 AM
Facia blushes. "And yet you were giving me a hard time for wanting to come in the first place."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 10:33 AM
"I always imagined the two of us would go into space when we were retired. Old, having had wondrous lives far apart...spending time together alone under the stars. I don't approve of you coming on dangerous missions, or sacrificing your youth or talent. But I do want you with me."

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 10:42 AM
"This definitely beats being a wind-up doll for the nobility."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 11:02 AM
Gabriel nods. He's exhausted, and he heads to bed for the evening.

Gabriel rises in a few hours and takes his wheelchair to the bridge to check on the status of his flight.

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 11:30 AM
Darven is messing with a datapad as he sits in the pilot's chair. "Have a nice break?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 11:33 AM
Gabriel frowns. "What a poor choice of words you have."

He sighs and brings up a display of the galaxy. "Any communications we should know about? Any rogue ships, any galactic representatives, any word from the contact who requested the delivery?"

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 11:50 AM
Darven looks up. "What do you mean, 'poor choice of-' oh."

He turns back to the display. "Nope, none so far."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 11:53 AM
Gabriel motions for Darven to move, and sits carefully in the pilot's seat. "Get some rest. I'll handle things for a while."

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 12:53 PM
"Alright. Shout if you need anything." Darven gets up and heads to his room.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 12:57 PM
Gabriel settles in and does a little work on some routine calibration and piloting. He blinks as he remembers that he hasn't set up the ship's profile yet.

Gabriel hesitates and looks around. He's heard that the AIs on these types of ships tend to be a bit...weird. He's alone on the bridge so...might as well introduce himself.

Gabriel presses a button and speaks directly to the ship. "Captain Gabriel Scorn, requesting the AI report for duty."

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 03:47 PM
A hologram of a young woman with short hair appears. "At your service, Captain."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 03:50 PM
Gabriel takes off one of his gloves and places his hand on the fingerprint scanner. "Syncing vitals, fingerprint data, retina and voice to identity: Gabriel Scorn," he commands. Once the fingerprint scanner is done he bends over and lets the machine scan one of his eyes.

"Let me know when the process is complete."

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 03:52 PM
A minute or two passes. "Process complete. Identity verified as Gabriel Scorn, Captain of the Beating Heart."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 03:56 PM
Gabriel nods. "What is the AI's designation?"

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 03:58 PM
"This unit's designation is R4C31."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 04:32 PM
Gabriel frowns. "Eh, that's too much for me to remember. I think I'll call you...Rachel."

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 04:45 PM
"That is an acceptable alternative, Captain."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 05:09 PM
Gabriel scratches his head. "So what did we end up doing for this AI, anyway? Did Darven build this along with the rest of the ship or did we just order something from a warehouse?"

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 05:33 PM
"This unit was created by the joint efforts of the Beating Heart's engineer and lieutenant."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 05:42 PM
"The ship's engineer is her lieutenant...wait, you must be talking about Teira. Oh well. So, this is the model they went with? Commands and response time seem good, if a bit..bland..for my tastes."

AIs these days can adapt to all sorts of new information and stimuli, but Gabriel doesn't think he needs to worry about hurting an AI's feelings. It's just a robot, after all. Right?

Diachronos
2017-08-20, 05:44 PM
The hologram crosses her arms. "I'm not sure what you were expecting, but Teira thought it would be better if I spoke more professionally."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-20, 05:55 PM
Gabriel blinks. "...Alright. Guess we can skip the adaptation test then...still, there's got to be a way to change this model type."

He picks up the ship command datapad and selects the AI screen. Letters and numbers swarm angrily everywhere. "Oh come on, I'm a pilot, not a programmer. How am I supposed to make heads or tails of any of this?"

A bright green button catches his eye. "Oh? Hello, what does this button do?"

Gabriel presses the button and feels a small shock as the interface connects with his mind. There's a flash of light, and then...

Dark hair. Mismatched eyes. Bangs hanging down over one eye. A shy expression. And a very feminine purple dress. Gabriel stares at Rachel and gulps. "Whoa."

The ship is left to interpret his reaction on her own, though she can still easily access Gabriel's vitals to help her.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 06:57 AM
The hologram frowns. "Captain, I'd prefer if you didn't mess with my interface without consulting Lieutenant Darven or Engineer Teira."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 08:53 AM
Gabriel blinks and then laughs awkwardly. "Of course. Well then, I'll just save this setting for now and uh..talk to them about it later." He presses a button that saves Rachel's new appearance, and dismisses her.

He winces and places one hand on his leg. Still sore. Well, he did only break it a few hours ago. Gabriel touches the datapad and brings up a sonar to scan the surrounding area for asteroids, UFOs, ships, or other nasty surprises he would need to know about.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 08:57 AM
Nothing comes up on the sensors.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 09:03 AM
Gabriel sighs. Boredom, but he can't leave the bridge until Darven returns...

He presses a button to start the intercom. "Engineer Teira, report to the bridge."

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 09:08 AM
Teira comes out to the bridge, still dressed as she'd been when Gabriel had arrived at the docking station. "Is something wrong, Captain?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 09:12 AM
Gabriel shakes his head. "Not at all. I just wanted to show you something."

He presses a button on his ship command datapad and a door to the right of Teira opens. The room behind it was left empty, at Gabriel's request, and only he can open the door. So even the designers and builders of this ship have no idea what it is for.

Gabriel stands up and gestures for Teira to follow him. He enters a room with a group of beautiful and exotic plants growing under various levels of artificial sunlight.

Gabriel smiles and walks over to the back. "This wasn't easy to obtain, and the man who sold it to me was...less than desirable. But here it is. An actual rose, from the lost human colony of Earth." He lifts the flower pot and turns to Teira, showing her a single red rose that seems to have blossomed perfectly.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 09:21 AM
Teira's eyes widen. "It's beautiful..." She lightly touches one of the rose's leaves. "I'm sure Clarisse would love it, too."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 09:32 AM
Gabriel chuckles. "I'm working on trying to breed more of them. It's a little difficult with the number of seeds I have, but I'll manage. Once I have a few more, I'll give you one. You'll be one of the only women in the galaxy to ever receive a rose. A gift befitting someone of your beauty."

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 09:46 AM
Teira chuckles. "Just me? There aren't any other girls who would deserve it?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 09:53 AM
"Girl" is not a word Gabriel would ever use to describe the person standing in front of him. She was the perfect embodiment of what makes a female a 'woman'.

"I'm certain that Clarisse would love these flowers, but if she knew about this room she would insist that she be allowed to clean it. That would spill over into insisting that she be allowed to water the plants and other mostly unskilled tasks, and honestly this room is where I want to go when I want to do a little hard work myself. I'm sure a mechanic can understand that," Gabriel explains. "And Christine...she uh...she didn't appreciate the last five flowers I gave her, so I don't expect she'd care much for any of these either."

His eyes fall for a moment but he sucks it up and plasters on a fake smile.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 10:21 AM
Teira frowns. "It sounds like Christine doesn't appreciate what she has. Clarisse and Facia, though... those two seem like the kind of girls you should be giving flowers to, especially if you're growing them yourself."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 10:27 AM
Gabriel looks surprised. "Ahem...Doctor Sanguine and I are not in a position to exchange anything at all. Regardless, I hope you will accept the gift when I am ready to offer it."

He walks out of the room with her and closes the door behind him. "I show you this room because I need your help. I would appreciate it if you could keep an ear to the ground while we are on other planets. I need to be focused on dealing and working with clients. If you hear about any plants on the planets, I would like you to try and collect some seeds and bring them to me."

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 10:57 AM
Teira nods. "I'll see what I can do."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 11:01 AM
Gabriel settles in for the long ride. Five days...he'd find a way to pass the time, but his real attention is on the destination itself. Dalaran...what will he find when he lands there?

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 11:14 AM
The ship finally arrives at Dalaran. Gabriel receives clearance to land after about an hour of verification with the ship and crew's identities, and the Beating Heart is escorted down below the heavy layer of green-yellow clouds enveloping the planet. Darven frowns and adjusts the volume on the ship's environmental hazard sensors. "Acid rain. It's not bad enough to damage the ship, but it'll do a number on one of us. Good thing the city's got a dome over it."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 11:20 AM
Gabriel frowns. "Acid rain? What in the...but these clouds are all over the planet! If the city has a dome around it, does that mean that there aren't any creatures living outside the city? ...Tch. Bunch of idiots who've overpolluted. Who knows how many people have died or lost their livelihood to line a few pockets. Whatever. Beating Heart, coming in for a landing. Rachel, display the ship's ID tag on the hull so that customs knows who we are and why we're here at all times. Teira, I don't know how long we're going to be here so I want you to keep an eye on the dome above, and also give the hull a good tune-up while we're on the ground. Even if this rain won't cause any serious damage, I don't want a scratch on this baby. Clarisse, suit up and be ready to depart when I am."

He stands up out of the wheelchair. "Time to go to work." He grabs his sword and slides it into a scabbard strapped to his back.

Gabriel will use Grenade Expert to craft an extra shock grenade I before he lands.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 12:22 PM
"The acid rain is from mineral deposits melting and evaporating from volcanic activity. It was like this before people even started settling here."

Rachel displays the ID as instructed, and Clarisse heads back to suit up.

Gabriel doesn't know much about Dalaran, aside from its reputation as a mining planet and trading hub for the system.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 12:26 PM
"I see. Alright. Darven, what are we picking up here, exactly?"

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 12:44 PM
"We're picking up medical supplies for one of the mining settlements. The pickup is maybe half an hour from the docking station, but we're going to need some help getting them here."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 12:47 PM
Gabriel types a few things into his datapad, looking for the location of the supplies he's picking up. Once he has those, he transfers them to his wristwatch. He puts on a suit and heads out with Clarisse.

The young pilot moves cautiously, looking around to get his bearings before he does anything.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 02:09 PM
Gabriel sees a few people eying him, Clarisse, and their ship as they depart, but it's hard to gauge their intentions. There are a few shops by the dock that seem to cater toward mechanics and those who are just stopping by to rest and resupply before moving on to the next planet.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 02:16 PM
Gabriel approaches one of the shops. He sizes up the shopkeeper before speaking.

Sense Motive: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 02:23 PM
The shopkeeper is a human man, who smiles as Gabriel enters. "Hello! What can I do for you?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 02:31 PM
Gabriel smiles. "Good morning. I find myself in need of a skilled marksman. Do you know of any mercenaries in the city that don't mind going off world?"

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 02:43 PM
The man frowns. "I do, but I'm not sure you want any of the mercenaries from Dalaran."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 02:47 PM
Gabriel blinks. "What makes you say that?"

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 02:51 PM
"Most of the people here who are willing to take off-world jobs are just thugs who'll stab you in the back the moment they think they'll get a bigger payout by working against you."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 03:06 PM
"I would take that as a compliment that someone would pay so well as to have another betray me," Gabriel muses. "Well then. Thank you for the help. By the way, I would like to purchase some formal wear for a vesk female. Where might I do that in this city?"

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 03:38 PM
"For that, you'll want the tailor shop down by the police station."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 03:57 PM
Gabriel smiles and thanks the man.

As he and Clarisse walk down the street, Gabriel turns to his maid. "I suppose you don't get many opportunities to go out like this. Would you like to stop anywhere? My treat, of course. We'll make time for it, so don't worry about slowing down the job."

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 04:03 PM
Clarisse blushes. "N-no, it's okay. I don't want to interfere with your work."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 04:18 PM
Gabriel shakes his head. "Nonsense! You came all this way to a brand new world. Surely you want to see more of it! Hmm...oh, how about there?"

Gabriel points to a cozy little cafe nestled in the corner. In the window, Clarisse can see that there are nothing but romantic couples sitting in there.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 04:25 PM
Clarisse covers her face and shakes her head. "N-no, people will get the wrong idea if they see us together there!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 04:26 PM
"Um...okay...what about here? Women like shopping at places like this, right?" He asks, stopping in front of an intimates apparel store.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 04:28 PM
Her cheeks are turning as red as some of the outfits in the shop. "I-I'm your servant! It wouldn't be proper!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 04:32 PM
Gabriel frowns and tries to think. "Well, Clarisse...no one knows you're my servant on any of these worlds. While we're off Kalimdor, you can just think of me as your friend."

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 04:35 PM
"It... it still doesn't feel right. And what if Lady Christine were to find out? She wouldn't be happy about you spending time with another woman."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 04:56 PM
Gabriel sighs. "If you say it wouldn't feel right, then I won't push you further. I only want for you to enjoy yourself, after all. Well then, won't you please pick out a nice dress that Christine would like so I can send it to her?"

Instead of a quick outing between the two of them, Clarisse is left shopping for her lord's betrothed...

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 05:01 PM
"Oh... yes, of course, Lord Gabriel..." She enters one of the shops to take a look around.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 05:06 PM
Gabriel smiles and sits back on the wall while he waits for Clarisse to pick something out.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 05:08 PM
Clarisse comes out about twenty minutes later with a packaged-up gown.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 05:10 PM
Gabriel takes the box with a smile. "Alright. Ready to go pick up the medicine?"

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 05:27 PM
Clarisse nods and follows Gabriel along to the pickup location.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 05:30 PM
Gabriel approaches the area, keeping his eye out for any enemies that might challenge him.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 06:02 PM
Gabriel doesn't see anything other than the people he's supposed to be picking up the shipment from. Twelve crates, each about the size of a human, are neatly stacked on top of a cart and lashed together with leather cords.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 06:04 PM
Gabriel inspects the crates for damage. He looks up at the other men. "Do you have a vehicle or something I can use to cart these back to my ship and load them up?"

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 06:32 PM
The crates appear to be undamaged.

"'Fraid not. The cart'll hold 'em all, though. It should make gettin' 'em back a bit easier."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 06:33 PM
Gabriel shrugs and puts both hands onto the cart, testing to see how easy he can push it.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 06:36 PM
The cart moves without any issue.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 06:58 PM
Gabriel starts walking the cart back to the ship.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 07:53 PM
As Gabriel and Clarisse head back to the ship, a trio of humans step out of the alleys in front of them. "Going somewhere?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 07:55 PM
Gabriel raises an eyebrow. "Yeah. What's it to you?" he matches their street tone, not wanting to appear overly wealthy or interesting.

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 08:09 PM
"You're in our turf. That's what."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 08:34 PM
Gabriel frowns. "Well, we can't have that, now can we? So, how about we make this my turf instead? And you lot can work for me."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 08:38 PM
The three of them laugh. "Yeah, I don't think so."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 08:41 PM
Gabriel shrugs. "Have it your way." He reaches into his pocket, pulls out a grenade and tosses it at the middle guy.

Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1] in 15'

Initiative: [roll2]

Injury: [roll3]

Gabriel grimaces as his leg snaps under the weight of the cart. He swears under his breath. "No, not now!"

Diachronos
2017-08-21, 09:42 PM
Thug 1: [roll0]
Thug 2: [roll1]
Thug 3: [roll2]

They growl and draw their knives. Clarisse shrieks and grabs Gabriel by the arm to pull him behind the crates.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-21, 09:54 PM
Gabriel pulls back. "They want a fight. We're not going to out run them. So we fight back."

He gives Clarisse a smile and then draws his sword. "I'm going to cut you lot down to size, then you'll be begging to take me up on my offer!"

Gabriel limps over towards one of the thugs.

Diachronos
2017-08-22, 10:54 PM
"Lord Gabriel, wait!" Clarisse runs out with him.

The thugs attack Gabriel!

Damage: [roll1]/[roll2]
Thug 2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]/[roll5]
Thug 3: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]/[roll8]

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-22, 11:21 PM
Gabriel winces in pain from the blows, but he isn't done with these thugs yet. He swings his blade at the closest one.

Attack: [roll0] [roll1]

Diachronos
2017-08-22, 11:38 PM
The thug grunts as Gabriel slashes him, and he goes down. They attack again!
Damage: [roll1]/[roll2]
Thug 2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]/[roll5]
Thug 3: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]/[roll8]

Clarisse fumbles with her gun, but she manages to shoot one of the thugs. Another man goes down.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 12:19 AM
Gabriel pants and swings his blade one more time to crash into one of the thugs.

Attack: [roll0] [roll1]

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 12:24 AM
The blow misses, but the thug seems deterred by his two companions being slain. He turns and runs.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 12:28 AM
Gabriel slumps down onto the ground and searches the thugs for any sign of anything useful. He takes a brief moment to bind his leg in place so it won't get any worse, and then stands up with a deep breath. He grabs the cart with shaking hands, and continues pushing it towards his ship.

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 12:43 AM
The thugs have a few things that might be useful.
2 survival knives, 2 second skin, 2 cryo grenade I

Clarisse gently touches Gabriel's shoulder. "A-are you okay?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 06:55 AM
Gabriel smiles. "I'll live, thanks to you."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 08:47 AM
Clarisse moves to help him support his weight as they head back to the ship.

When they get back, Facia isn't happy about Gabriel's condition. "Oh, for the love of... can't you stay out of trouble?!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 09:01 AM
Gabriel directs Teira and Darven to load the medicine up.

He sighs when Facia looks him over. "You should see the other guy," he quips.

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 09:14 AM
Facia scowls and grabs Gabriel by the ear, dragging him back toward the medical bay.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 01:37 PM
Gabriel lies down, feeling more pain from his injuries than his leg.

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 02:11 PM
Facia doesn't say a word as she starts patching up Gabriel's injuries. She's leaving his leg alone for now.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 03:56 PM
Gabriel falls asleep while Facia is taking care of him. He dozes peacefully with a warm smile across his lips.

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 04:04 PM
Gabriel awakens a few hours later to find himself alone in the room. His wounds have been fully treated, but his leg is in a splint.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 04:40 PM
Gabriel tries to sit up and accesses the ship's intercom next to his bed. He calls Clarisse to the medical bay.

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 04:51 PM
Clarisse enters after a few minutes. "You... you called me, Lord Gabriel?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 05:16 PM
Gabriel smiles. "Yes. Come here."

He gestures for her to sit beside the bed. When she does, he nods. "How are you holding up? I know it wasn't easy for you to pull the trigger today."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 05:18 PM
Clarisse bites her lip. "I... I don't know how to feel about it..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 05:19 PM
Gabriel closes his eyes. "I never liked being violent either. But you know, I had to defend Christine's honor. And that action led to our engagement," he says with a smile. "So I believe you and I can work through this together. I can support you and help you as you transition from maid to soldier."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 05:23 PM
Clarisse's hands clench slightly when Gabriel mentions Christine. "...I'll be fine..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 06:00 PM
Gabriel frowns. "Are you sure? You saved my life out there, Clarisse, and I owe you a great deal for it. If you're upset or hurting, you can talk to me about it." His voice is full of genuine concern.

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 06:20 PM
She shakes her head. "You don't need to worry about me, Captain."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 06:24 PM
Gabriel sighs. "Okay. As long as you're sure. Can you ask Doctor Sanguine to come in here please?"

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 06:50 PM
Clarisse nods and heads out. Facia comes in after some time. "You're awake."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 07:33 PM
Gabriel nods. "Yeah. Thanks for helping me out again. What happened with the shipment?"

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 07:46 PM
Facia crosses her arms. "It's in the cargo hold."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 07:46 PM
Gabriel sighs. "Oh, come on now. Don't tell me you're still upset with me."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 07:50 PM
Facia glares at him. "Gabriel, we haven't been away from Kalimdor for even a week, and you've already broken your leg twice and gotten yourself hurt in a fight!"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 08:06 PM
Gabriel blinks. He rubs the back of his neck. "We knew it was going to be risky. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 08:14 PM
"I knew it would be risky. I didn't know that you'd expect every single reliable person on your crew to just sit around on the ship every time we land."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 08:25 PM
Gabriel frowns. "What do you expect me to do? Let everyone get hurt? What happens if you go down? Then none of us are getting back up. What if Teira can't work and the ship needs repair? None of you are warriors, Facia. I don't want you to die for my dream."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 08:28 PM
Facia sighs. "So it doesn't matter if you get yourself killed as long as nobody else gets hurt, is that it?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 08:33 PM
Gabriel frowns. "...I don't want anyone to get hurt. But I'm not going to let it be you - I mean, I'm not going to let it be anyone on my crew." His cheeks flush red and he turns his eyes away from her. "It's not like this work is going to stay this dangerous all the time anyway."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 08:36 PM
Facia sighs and turns to leave. "I hope you're right..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 08:37 PM
Gabriel sits for another hour before standing up and heading to the bridge. "Alright. That unpleasant detour aside...we're plotting a course for the planet of Bes!"

Piloting: [roll0]

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 08:43 PM
Gabriel charts out a course that will take [roll0] days.

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 08:46 PM
Gabriel is contented once his course has been set. He walks over to his lieutenant. "Do you have any thoughts as to our job on Dalaran?" he asks off-handedly.

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 08:48 PM
Darven shrugs. "It could've gone better, but I think you did alright."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 08:53 PM
Gabriel sighs and looks down at his datapad. "I haven't been to Bes in ten years. ...I never thought I'd go back there. I wonder if..." He trails off as he sits down next to Darven.

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 08:58 PM
"You wonder if your favorite places are still there? Probably, from what I've heard Bes is the kind of place that doesn't change much."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 09:03 PM
"Not exactly. There's someone I used to play with as a kid. Her dad was a miner in my hometown."

His lips terse tightly. "Hm. I guess it doesn't matter. Home is where you hang your laser cannon, after all."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 09:18 PM
"I guess you're right. But who knows, maybe we'll run into her?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 09:26 PM
Gabriel laughs. "I don't even remember her name. Just...what she looks like." He glances over at Rachel and frowns, before standing up. "The command is yours. I need time to think."

He goes to Teira's room and opens the door without bothering to knock.

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 11:02 PM
Teira is working on some kind of human-sized drone. "Hello, Captain. Do you need anything?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 11:05 PM
Gabriel raises an eyebrow. "What in the world is that?"

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 11:15 PM
"My drone. I've been working on it for a while, but I just recently started making progress on it."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 11:17 PM
"It's enormous. What on earth could you possibly use something like that for? Certainly not any form of aerial reconnaissance."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 11:22 PM
"I was planning on using it for helping me around the workshop, or maybe as a security drone."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 11:23 PM
Gabriel nods slowly. "Alright. ...Erm, anyway, I was hoping I could ask for your advice. You seem to...uh...know a lot about women."

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 11:27 PM
Teira raises an eyebrow. "You could say that... what kind of advice do you need?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 11:32 PM
Gabriel crosses his arms. "It's about Doctor Sanguine...She's expressed concern for my safety and my well-being, but I honestly think I'm making the right decision by not putting any essential crew members into the line of fire. I don't want to upset her or worry her, but I absolutely won't see her get hurt. I would die before I let a single drop of her blood spill."

He blinks and leans back against the wall. He had let a bit of his pilot's fire slip into that last sentence when he was trying to remain nonchalant and professional. "In any case, do you have any suggestions for how I might alleviate her concerns?"

Diachronos
2017-08-23, 11:43 PM
Teira goes back to working on her drone as she answers him. "Nope, afraid not."

NeoSeraphi
2017-08-23, 11:45 PM
Gabriel sighs. He was hoping that Teira would be a bit more help, but he supposes this is his problem to deal with. "Thanks anyway. I saw a few mechanic shops near the ship. If you want to take a look at their wares before takeoff, you're more than welcome to."