PDA

View Full Version : Building For Three

QuintonBeck
2017-08-17, 12:58 PM
Greetings fellow tabletoppers and D&D enthusiasts! I come once more to beseech the great wisdom of the Giantitp hive mind for aid.

Here's the situation, myself and two buddies will (hopefully) be joining a new game soon starting at Level 1. We've all played for a while but in our home group either myself or one of aforementioned buddies winds up as DM and we want the experience of playing together as players so we're going to seek out an Adventurer's League game. We've already got some concepts in mind and what I'm hoping to do is to help build a solid complimentary group of three who can also work well with whatever unknown additional PCs we wind up rolling with.

The still somewhat nebulous backstory in brief is that our three PCs were members of a minor church that was attacked and destroyed while we were all away. I will be playing a semi-senile old Knowledge Cleric with plans to multiclass out into Diviner after two levels of Cleric focused on buffing and battlefield control while my buddies want to play melee types who can take advantage of said buffs and field control. My buddies are inclined to play paladins (likely of different oaths) and so now I come to you asking for build advice for such a three man group.

What spells will help my party-mates out the most? What feats will they be getting the most mileage out of? We're all planning to play Variant-Humans so one free feat at starting level. I'm going with Magic Initiate Wizard so I can start level one with a Familiar despite starting as a Cleric. I know it isn't super duper optimized but I'm not looking for objectively the very best, just some fun ideas. Please feel free to suggest an alternative to two paladins as well if you think another melee combo might work well. I'm inclined to think two tanks of smite juice is better than one but if a tank of smite juice and a sack of raging hitpoints could make a better complimentary combo let me know why you think so! Thanks!