PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Sphere of power: Armorist Shirou Emiya Build

Nosta
2017-08-17, 09:25 PM
So the DM has allowed Spare of power and so I Immediately Though Archer Emiya when i saw Armorist and its Archetype Soaring Blade
so my question is how should I Build my first 6 levels

I Want to be my own person but emulate Emiya's Style. For this i want to use short sword and the like

I am totally new to sphere of powers and don't understand it to well

EldritchWeaver
2017-08-18, 05:56 AM
Maybe you could explain, what exactly you expect from the build in the first place. I don't think all people are familiar with the anime.

chimaeraUndying
2017-08-18, 09:22 AM
I've got no familiarity with Spheres of Power, but I do know Type/Moon.

Shiro's a HERO OF JUSTICE archer who generates swords out of mana and then shoots them out of his bow, at which point they behave like missiles. He's also competent with paired daggers, and has a sort of "ultimate move" where he sucks you into his mindscape (or projects it onto the real world; either way, we're probably looking at a personal demiplane for this either way) and the whole mindscape is a giant manufacturing facility that lets him spam swords really fast.

Tohsaka Rin
2017-08-19, 12:30 AM
I've got no familiarity with Spheres of Power, but I do know Type/Moon.

Shiro's a HERO OF JUSTICE archer who generates swords out of mana and then shoots them out of his bow, at which point they behave like missiles. He's also competent with paired daggers, and has a sort of "ultimate move" where he sucks you into his mindscape (or projects it onto the real world; either way, we're probably looking at a personal demiplane for this either way) and the whole mindscape is a giant manufacturing facility that lets him spam swords really fast.

Archer EMIYA and Shirou Emiya are functionally two different people.

EMIYA is an archer that fights in close-quarters with a pair of heavy short swords, that he creates via magic, along with a whole host of other weaponry. He can also turn functionally turn swords into arrows via reinforcement magic, and can detonate them (through a really cheaty application of the Broken Phantasm concept).

Shirou Emiya is a terrible mage, who through several twists of Fate, happens to be able to do similar things... But that depends on which version of Shirou it is. In the Fate arc, he cannot really do much. In the UBWs arc, he is functionally very similar to EMIYA. In the HF arc, he is similar to EMIYA, but not quite the same.

Both Shirou and Emiya can project something called a Reality Marble, that takes the 'world within' them, and expands it. This creates a bubble of magic that is very hard to disrupt or intrude on. It's basically creating a temporary demiplane. The theme is 'weapons, lots and lots of them', but basically a demiplane.

Now, having said all of that...

I suggest just playing a Soulknife, dipping into the Aegis class for a bit. It is quite possibly the easiest way to emulate EMIYA. I know you wanted advice on using Spheres of Power, but that's just my two coppers.