PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Buffed Squirrel

SociopathFriend
2017-08-18, 01:36 AM
An odd request for an odd character. I essentially would like to know the max stats you could give a squirrel via Druid buffing magic or a Druid (20th lvl) buffing himself and turning into a squirrel.

Context-
Essentially a Dwarf Barbarian used to zealously hunt Hobgoblins. His zeal and love of battle was so great that he would often destroy the natural world around them- such as toppling living trees and setting fire to things.

A Druid (20th level) found him doing this and decided to teach him a lesson by maximum buffing a squirrel companion/ buffed himself in a squirrel form to take the young Dwarf down. In the process, the Druid ended up teaching the Dwarf about the balance of nature Druids protect. The Dwarf (after being severely beaten) actually took the lessons to heart but, unknown to the two, the Dwarf contracted diseases that made him crazy for 3 years. So he sincerely believes in Druidic concepts but very much didn't retain an understanding of them.

Lombra
2017-08-18, 02:39 AM
If this is a background for a character, can you explain why statting the squirrel is important? The druid may have been an npc without class levels that just could do it.

Beechgnome
2017-08-18, 09:19 AM
Well if It was a Nature Cleric instead with Magic Initiate (shocking grasp, find familiar) the squirrel could be the familiar. Then you could cast Aid as a 9th level spell and grant the squirrel 40 extra hit points, then Let it go to town with inflict wounds, bestow curse, contagion touch attacks, while maybe protected with death ward or a Warding Bond.

Maxilian
2017-08-18, 11:40 AM
For a moment i though you wanted to create a Druid that only transform in a squirrel and always fight in that form, that idea was a little more amusing.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/49/00/9e/49009e271a7a37c6cca0906a4f638944.jpg

MrWesson22
2017-08-18, 11:41 AM
Awaken will help too if squirrel is the actual race.

EvilAnagram
2017-08-18, 11:44 AM
If you can find a way to hide as a bonus action, cast Sunbeam and hide after zapping some fools every round.

Specter
2017-08-18, 12:53 PM
Forget Druid, go Beastmaster Ranger. At level 20, you'll have an 80HP squirrel, who uses your proficiency bonus even for damage.

Beechgnome
2017-08-18, 01:00 PM
Also, if you want the druid to be the squirrel, have a look at Circle of the Silver Moon in my Sig. Let's you transform into a suped-up CR 0 beast while retaining the ability to cast enchantment and abjuration spells.

Easy_Lee
2017-08-18, 01:18 PM
Foresight, jump, longstrider, and enhance ability: constitution to give yourself some capabilites, make you difficult to hit, and give you temporary HP in case you take damage. Attack him with the cantrip Primal Savagery from UA starter spells for 4D10 per round. This should suffice.

nickl_2000
2017-08-18, 01:25 PM
For a moment i though you wanted to create a Druid that only transform in a squirrel and always fight in that form, that idea was a little more amusing.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/49/00/9e/49009e271a7a37c6cca0906a4f638944.jpg

Why is it that humanized squirrels are always Scottish?

SociopathFriend
2017-08-18, 04:00 PM
Oh, I didn't realize this posted, I tried looking it up and couldn't find it so I assumed I disconnected while posting and it failed.

Lombra

If this is a background for a character, can you explain why statting the squirrel is important? The druid may have been an npc without class levels that just could do it.

My DM is the sort who likes to bring in parts of the background as the players suggest (also to save our lives if needed). Because of this, I thought it would be useful to have numbers for the 'Great Squirrel' if it ever had to show up.

Easy_Lee

Foresight, jump, longstrider, and enhance ability: constitution to give yourself some capabilites, make you difficult to hit, and give you temporary HP in case you take damage. Attack him with the cantrip Primal Savagery from UA starter spells for 4D10 per round. This should suffice.

That does sound fitting, the Dwarf's ramblings did mention the Great Squirrel leaping from tree to tree.

Friv
2017-08-18, 04:20 PM
I mean, in theory, a druid who was really, really committed to this bit could find a particularly beefy squirrel (say, one with slightly higher Dex and Con), Awaken it, and then teach them to be a monk of the open palm, and then go adventuring with their monk-squirrel friend until said monk was Level 20.

Based on the stats of a standard rat, this elite Level 20 squirrel monk could have Str 2, Dex 20, Con 11, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 4. It has an unarmored AC of 17, attacks twice per round at +11 for 1d10+5 damage and can use its bonus action for a third attack, has 20 ki points to make bonus attacks and , moves 50ft per round, can deflect arrows by batting them out of the air with its tail as a reaction (reducing damage by 1d10+25), can dodge lightning, understands all languages, is proficient in all saves, can turn invisible by spending ki, and can knock people over with attacks and self-heal with ki.

This squirrel will be the bane of almost any would-be despoiler of the woods.

Sariel Vailo
2017-08-20, 06:32 PM
Up next giant bard cockroach
http://ifunny.co/fun/QrWdoMJ45

ZorroGames
2017-08-20, 06:48 PM
Why is it that humanized squirrels are always Scottish?
Because they are nuts?

Rimshot sound.

Talionis
2017-08-20, 09:46 PM
I mean, in theory, a druid who was really, really committed to this bit could find a particularly beefy squirrel (say, one with slightly higher Dex and Con), Awaken it, and then teach them to be a monk of the open palm, and then go adventuring with their monk-squirrel friend until said monk was Level 20.

Based on the stats of a standard rat, this elite Level 20 squirrel monk could have Str 2, Dex 20, Con 11, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 4. It has an unarmored AC of 17, attacks twice per round at +11 for 1d10+5 damage and can use its bonus action for a third attack, has 20 ki points to make bonus attacks and , moves 50ft per round, can deflect arrows by batting them out of the air with its tail as a reaction (reducing damage by 1d10+25), can dodge lightning, understands all languages, is proficient in all saves, can turn invisible by spending ki, and can knock people over with attacks and self-heal with ki.

This squirrel will be the bane of almost any would-be despoiler of the woods.

I think you can do similar if you are a Monk 18/Druid 2.Transform into ther squirrel yourself.

90sMusic
2017-08-21, 02:07 PM
Suddenly i'm imagining this...
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/deathbattlefanon/images/1/11/Guardians-of-the-galaxy-groot-rocket-2.jpg

Anyway, druid buffs... Foresight is a really obvious one. Heroes' Feast is great for the extra hitpoints, and immunity to fear and poison. Stoneskin would be nice to give resistance to physical attacks from nonmagic weapons, this also eats your concentration. Can throw on jump too so it can pounce at greater distances.

Course you could also just use hold person to hold the guy down and let the squirrel maul him by it's self.

The Shadowdove
2017-08-21, 03:29 PM
Awakened squirrel.

XmonkTad
2017-08-24, 12:51 AM
Can the squirrel have magic items? Gauntlets of giant strength is an obvious one.
Also, I think it's worth it for the backstory if part of the squirrel's win came from it's knowledge of nature. Things like "knew which branches would only look like they would support the dwarf's weight" makes for a much more compelling harmony-with-nature story.

DevilMcam
2017-08-24, 03:35 AM
;if you are not to attach to the squirel size, there is a ginormous squirel homebrew by StoneStrix on imgur.

Vingelot
2017-08-24, 03:58 AM
Can the squirrel have magic items? Gauntlets of giant strength is an obvious one.

I don't see why not... Obviously to be usable by the squirrel, they need to be squirrel-sized and -shaped, so (most likely) custom made :smallamused:

The Shadowdove
2017-08-24, 01:32 PM
Anthropomorphic Squirrel. Just do what they did in the DMG for mouse people. Same racial as a halfling. Reskinned.