PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Sorcadin Faerie Dragonborn

Curunir471
2017-08-18, 04:50 PM
So, I'm back again for some help with the creation of my new character: Elrond Shimmerwing the Faerie Dragonborn Paladin/Charisma caster!

A little background, we have another game going (I DM, it's 4-5 + me), but a couple of the players can't make it consistently. So we set out to make it so we could still play D&D without them. We decided to create "The Off-Campaign", it has one of the other players who is a more experienced DM than I am, though he has been a player for less time.

We decided it would be just for giggles so we rolled for races and I ended up with Dragonborn, later we ended up with a DMPC rogue named Bast, as none of the 3 regular players (including me) wanted to play a rogue. The DMPC, Bast, is a faerie hiding as an elf. My Dragonborn was decided to be a Faerie Dragonborn confidant/friend of his. As this wasn't supposed to be more than a 1 shot or 3 I rolled a character with some random d6 and ended up with 17,15,13,11,11,9 which for me is really bad stats (for fun after this was decided to be more than just one shots I rolled stats with my character dice, 18,17,16,15,14,14 but I have to keep my "bad" stats :( .

The rest of the party is an Aasimar Warlock/cha caster, and a Firbolg barbarian with amazing stats, 18,18,17,16,16,15 he said that it was going to be multi-classing all over the place.

So, without further ado, Elrond:

Faerie Dragonborn: Cha +2, Dex +1
Euphoric breath weapon
Resistance to Radiant and Necrotic damage
Speak Draconic, Common, Sylvan

STR: 9
DEX: 17+1
CON:13
INT:11
WIS:11
CHA:15+2

None of those are set in stone.

What do you think I should do? I was debating Paladin2/ Cha Caster x.

Any ideas?

gloryblaze
2017-08-18, 04:53 PM
You can't multiclass into or out of Paladin unless you have a 13 or higher in Str

Curunir471
2017-08-18, 05:31 PM
You can't multiclass into or out of Paladin unless you have a 13 or higher in Str
I thought it was just in that needed it.

Findulidas
2017-08-18, 06:02 PM
I thought it was just in that needed it.

Unfortunately not. However many GMs will ignore that rule if you bring it up.

Curunir471
2017-08-18, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately not. However many GMs will ignore that rule if you bring it up.

I'm relatively confident that my DM will let it slide.

Other than those concerns, any ideas?