PDA

View Full Version : I need opinions on a race I'm creating(2 attempt)

XxPhantomBoomYT
2017-08-19, 12:26 AM

The race features

Racial Backstory:After the war of the races, like all of the other races, the Ooloi, The Luminous, all of them, also appeared a whole other variety of race. They currently mainly inhabit the kingdom of (I can't name it yet without the permission of my fellow makers), while at war with a few other races(won't be specified until passed by other makers)(btw, Ooloi and Luminous are not my original races, they are from the "Mythic Races" book among many other cool and awesome races, I recommend you go and check it out! :D)

Racial Appearance: While seeming completely human(any type of race can be given) they have ears resembling that of a cat's(like the human part of the appearance can be any type) with a tail(length will be rolled, see the table of... Height...and weight...WHATEVER THAT PART IS CALLED) similar to that of a cat's. They aren't at all limited to any usual eye color, hair color, etc.
They stand at a height of 4'5-6'0 and they have a weight of 101 lbs.(starved)- 240 lbs.(like...how have you not died yet?)

The two types of (name not came up with yet, here):
Human-Focused
These types of (name) lean more towards their human traits then that of their feline traits, they are without the tail that many of the other forms of them get. They gain the same penalties and bonuses as a human does(a.k.a. none), besides a +2 racial bonus to climb, for the reason of their claws and they gain the extra feat at first level, though they do gain a +1 racial bonus to listen(because of their feline hearing), a -2 racial penalty to search checks, and finally, a -2 racial penalty to Appraise checks, because these people do not commonly interest themselves in appraisal and there would be nobody to learn how to appraise from, as well as the fact that (name) don't often care about the prices of things. These are rare to see among their race

Feline-Focused
These forms of (name) are, in terms of appearance, closer to that of their feline side, they are with the tail, unlike their lesser-feline siblings. They gain a +6 bonus to Dexterity because of their feline reflexes and a -2 penalty to Constitution and Strength because of their more frail feline structure along with a +2 racial bonus to listen given by their feline hearing, a +4 racial bonus to tumble, a +2 racial bonus to climb, a -2 racial penalty to search because they are easily distracted, being brought off track, a -2 racial penalty to Appraise checks, because these people do not commonly interest themselves in appraisal and there would be nobody to learn how to appraise from, as well as the fact that (name) don't often care about the prices of things, and finally a -2 racial penalty to concentration, because they are easily distracted like many of their fully feline siblings.

These are a kind people, usually helping allied city's as a union, or, if adventuring, then usually adventuring to help people with whatever problems they may have.

Preferred Class:Rogue, Ranger, Or Druid

Racial Abilities(full list):
Claws and Fangs(1d4 20/2× damage per one hit for fangs and 2d4 20/2× damage if using bonus action for an extra attack, 1d4 20/2× if doing one attack with claws)
Dodge feat
+6 bonus to Dexterity
-2 penalty to Constitution and Strength
+4 racial bonus to Tumble
+2 racial bonus to Climb
+2 racial bonus to Listen
-2 racial penalty to Concentration
-2 racial penalty to Search
-2 racial penalty to Appraise
-8 will checks when something involves yarn, string, fish(cuz why not? XD) to not immediately
become distracted and either(if it's string, yarn, etc.) To play with it, or if it's fish then, if hungry then immediately eat it and be considered prone until either done eating, or has succeeded another will save in which they stop playing with it and are no longer prone. This is for feline-focused only
Must make a will check when seeing a cardboard box to not either newly inhabit that box, or grab it and bring it with them wherever they go, getting a -6 racial penalty(again, this is only for feline-focused, and, if you're wondering why this is here, because why not?) To the aforementioned will save

Height & Weight

Male(Human Focused)
Base Height:5'1"
Height Modifier:+(1d8)"
Base Weight:105 lbs.
Weight Modifier:+(2d4) lbs.

Female(Human Focused)
Base Height:4'8"
Height Modifier:+(1d6)"
Base Weight:103 lbs.
Weight Modifier:+(2d4) lbs.

Male(Feline Focused)
Base Height:4'7"
Height Modifier:+(1d8)"
Base Weight:100 lbs.
Weight Modifier:+(1d6) lbs.

Female(Feline Focused)
Base Height:4'4"
Height Modifier:+(1d6)"
Base Weight:95 lbs.
Weight Modifier:+(1d4) lbs.

(Name) Aging Affects

Baby:0-5
-10 all stats(but doesn't go under 1 in any)
Toddler:6-7(stacks with Ability penalties and bonuses)

-8 Strength and Constitution(but doesn't go under 2)(stacks with Ability penalties and bonuses)

Child:8-12
-2 Strength and Constitution, -1 Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma and +1 Dexterity(stacks with Ability penalties and bonuses)

Teenage Years:13-19(stacks with Ability penalties and bonuses)
Nothing Changes

Adulthood:20-44 y/ old
Nothing Changes

Middle Age:45-73 y/ old
-1 Strength and Constitution and +1 Charisma and Wisdom(stacks with Ability penalties and bonuses)

Old:74-95 y/ old
-2 Strength and Constitution and +2 Wisdom and Charisma(stacks with Ability penalties and bonuses)

Venerable:96 y/ old
-3 Strength and Constitution and +3 Wisdom and Charisma(stacks with Ability penalties and bonuses)

Note: I will be taking ideas, so feel free to tell me if I should edit it in any way! It would be very appreciated, also, I cannot reply, so don't think that I'm just plain not wanting to, I legitimately can't, but don't let that discourage you from giving input to this idea, thank you for reading this and have a wonderful day! :D

rferries
2017-08-19, 12:43 AM
May I ask what system you're using? It seems 3.5, but you use terms like "Preferred Class" rather than "Favoured Class".

XxPhantomBoomYT
2017-08-20, 11:25 AM
May I ask what system you're using? It seems 3.5, but you use terms like "Preferred Class" rather than "Favoured Class".

Yeah, it's a mix of 3.5 and 2.0, but more or less I did mean "Favored Class"