PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Clive Barker's Undying (conversion)

rferries
2017-08-19, 07:15 PM
Another ambitious undertaking... not that anyone noticed my Atmosfear conversion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?530156-Atmosfear-The-Harbingers-(converted-to-Ravenloft-3-5)-DON-T-LOOK-YET-)), bah humbug! Then again hopefully this conversion will be more succinct and readable! I'm not sure I'll have the stamina to see the whole thing through but I'll do my best.

Feel free to post comments and criticism as I go along! :)

Clive Barker's Undying
http://i.imgur.com/RQVJeyb.jpg
The Covenant siblings. From left: Lizbeth, Ambrose, Jeremiah, Bethany, and Aaron Covenant.

Table of Contents
0. Introduction (background, realms, undying traits)
1. Lizbeth
2. Ambrose
3. Otto Keisinger
4. Aaron
5. Bethany
6. The Undying King
7. New Items (Amplifier, Arcane Whorl, Ether Trap, Gel'ziabar Stone, Health Packs/Vials, Mana Well, Spell Scroll)
8. New Weapons (Dynamite, Molotov Cocktail, Phoenix Eggs, Phosphorous Bullets, Revolver, Scythe of the Celts, Shotgun, Silver Bullets, Speargun, Tibetan War Cannon)
9. New Spells (Ectoplasm, Dispel, Flight, Haste, Invoke, Lightning, Scrye, Shield, Skull Storm)
10. Beastiary
Mortals- Trsanti (Warrior, Chieftain, Witch, Dynamite), Monastic (Monk, Abbot)
Howlers (White, Green, Gray)
Oneiros (Skarrow, Sil Lith Inhabitants, Verago)
Undead (Ghost Monk, Decayed Saint)
Jile
Handmaiden
Flickering Stalker
Hound Of Gel'ziabar
Monto-shonoi (Lesser, Greater)
Eternal Autumn (Sleed, Drinen, Jemas, Phoenix)
11. Patrick Galloway

Introduction
The Covenants are a cursed family. The children of a nobleman who practiced the occult arts, they once stole one of his grimoires to play-act a ritual at the Ring of Standing Stones. This youthful escapade brought a terrible doom upon them all, and it is up to the PCs to set things right.

Jeremiah Covenant (17th-level Aristocrat), an old adventuring companion of the party, has asked for their help. His siblings have all long since died or vanished and he is left alone in his vast estate, with only his failing health and many regrets. Recently his servants have begun to flee or die in mysterious circumstances; the family curse has come back to haunt him and he is in dire need of aid.

The reality is, the five Covenant siblings were doomed the instant they performed their childhood ritual. Although their mortal lives were unaffected, they were each cursed to rise again after death as immortal creatures of pure evil. They battle against each other fruitlessly, consumed with petty rivalries and old grudges and unable to ever truly slay each other. Haunted and tortured by his siblings, even Jeremiah is not what he seems...

Realms
The Covenant Estate
http://i.imgur.com/s2MxTbC.png

The Covenants are a wealthy noble family. Their vast estate is situated amidst countless acres of lush, rolling hills. It includes not only their magnificent Manor, but the nearby family Mausoleum, the Light House, the countryside Cottage, and two Isles (the Outer Isle and the Isle of King's Head). From speaking to the few remaining staff in the manor and its grounds the party will learn that large parts of the estate are in disrepair. Jeremiah Covenant has released large numbers of staff from his employ and those remaining are unable to complete all the maintenance and housekeeping tasks required - the recent mysterious deaths have only worsened affairs!

The Manor, Monastery, and Ring of Standing Stones are all visible from each other, albeit at a great distance across the lands and the water.

Covenant Manor
Maps of Covenant Manor (first floor plus grounds, and second floor) (http://imgur.com/a/hc6qV)
Download interactive map of Covenant manor (http://www.jonhunt.com/altfiles/manor_plans_viewer.rar)
The manor was built over two centuries ago, around an ancient tower of mysterious origins. It has about one hundred rooms, many of which have fallen into disuse and decay. The ground floor boasts a colossal library, gallery, drawing rooms, Bethany's office, nursery, great hall, billiard room and dining room along with with kitchens and wine cellars. The second floor of the manor contains numerous family rooms (Evaline's, Joseph's, Aaron's, Bethany's, Ambrose's, Lizbeth's and Jeremiah's), guest rooms (including Otto Kiesinger's and Patrick Galloway's rooms), servant living rooms, and drawing rooms, as well as Aaron's study room and the family bar. The manor has four staircases (including those in the magnificent entrance hall and circle hall) and one servant staircase with a dumbwaiter. The manor has its own solarium and chapel.

The manor is surrounded by extensive grounds with parks, hedges, and gardens. It has an inner court yard complete with stables and Aaron's art studio. A magnificent greenhouse nearby contains a vast botanical garden.

[[Portals, Galloway/Adventurer. jiles, etc., well}}

Mausoleum
The family mausoleum is located some distance away from the manor, on a rocky seaside clifftop that gleams in the red-gold sunset. A secret passage in the mausoleum leads to the Old Cemetery - the ruins of a small stone chapel and graveyard on the beach at the base of the cliff. From here, an old wooden boat can carry adventurers to the Outer Isle.

The Outer Isle
Boats may dock at the Cove on the northern end of this large, deceptively serene Isle. There, past an ancient stone tower, Trsanti have set up camp in an abandoned farmstead. The centre of the Isle holds the impressive ruins of an ancient Monastery built on eerie Catacombs. To defeat the Undying Covenants, the adventurers must first travel back in time to when the Monastery was whole and its monks were under the sway of the Scythe of the Celts. Once they have claimed the artifact, they can return to the present, travel through the Catacombs to Lizbeth's lair, and slay her. Evaline's corpse can then unlock the doors leading to the Outer Isle Cliffs, where the party can climb/jump back up and through a cave to return to the Cove.

The Isle of King's Head
Past the Manor's front gate lies a path that leads down to another set of docks. From there, adventurers can travel by boat to the Isle of King's Head. This is a small Isle of green grass in the middle of the sea, with little to distinguish it save for the rune-engraved Ring of Standing Stones. One of Bethany's Handmaidens flies down from a great distance to confront the party on their first visit here.

lighthouse, coastal ruins, pirate's cove (pier, caverns, barracks, treasure chamber)

widow's watch, tower, purple sparkles

oneiros (first visit, amphitheatre, ruins, abandoned fortress, keisnger's studio, kesnger's stronghold, oracle (and heart statue), blue fields, blood, howling well, ziggurat); forcefield and hound; keisenger summit and shaft

aaron's studio, bethany's cottage

crypt, aaron

eternal autumn...forest, waterfalls, rivers, rocks, aerie (phoenix), ruins, arena, bethany

jeremiah, undead spctre, undying king

Decision – follow dnd,or followgame?

Undying-wiki locations, enemies, spells
-family album, walkthrough
-journals
-fataltity videos
-cinematics
-undying italia screenshots for locations
https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/914322-clive-barkers-undying/images
http://undying.wikia.com/wiki/Covenant_Manor
-gamefaqs writeup about spells
-organisations

Amidst the decay and twilight of the Eternal Autumn, there is yet life and beauty.
All the potential of a newborn Sun, in the palm of one's hand.
A shamanistic artifact found amidst the ruins of the Eternal Autumn.

Lizbeth's one weakness is the corpse of her mother, who died giving birth to Lisbeth and whom has now been reanimated by her daughters powers into an undead creature that constantly croons a mad lullaby.

Can be reduced to 0 hit points but cannot be permanently slain except by being beheaded by a chaotic, vorpal, epic, or artifact weapon. Otherwise, the creature remains disabled/staggered (even if it is undead or a construct) as appropriate until it regains at least 1 hit point

http://i.imgur.com/SUEhfUF.jpg
The Covenants reborn.

Undying
Undying creatures are cursed with eternal life, and eternal hatred. They always have the [Evil] subtype. The traits of the Undying subtype do not manifest until the creature dies the first time and rises again as a powerful monstrosity (usually some form of undead). This is a complex subtype with a number of effects, much like the incorporeal or swarm subtypes.

Traits

If it is an undead creature or a construct, an undying creature uses its Charisma modifier to determine bonus hit points per die.
Minions (Ex): An undying creature is served by specific kinds of creatures (see individual undying creature entries for details). These creatures are created, summoned, or otherwise controlled by the undying creature's powers and serve it with undying (heh!) loyalty.
Past Life (Ex): Undying creatures retain the traits, skills, and certain other features of their mortal selves.
Regeneration (Ex): Undying creatures always have regeneration 5, even if they do not possess a Constitution score. Anarchic weapons, vorpal weapons, epic weapons, and artifacts deal normal damage to an undying creature. An undying creature that loses a limb or body part can reattach it by holding the severed member to the stump. Reattachment takes 1 minute. If the head or some other vital organ is severed, the creature does not die (though its combat effectiveness may be severely impaired until it can reattach the body part). An undying creature cannot regrow lost body parts. Undying creatures that are immune to nonlethal damage are not immune to the nonlethal damage from their regeneration. Unless otherwise specified an undying creature reduced to 0 or fewer hit points is free to act as normal (they never become disabled, staggered, or dying).
Skills: Undying creatures retain the skills they had in life, but they also become preternaturally agile and aware, and often gain arcane knowledge. Undying creatures receive skills as outsiders and have racial bonuses to various other skills.
Turn Resistance (Ex): If it is an undead creature, an Undying creature has +4 turn resistance.

Baby Gary
2017-08-19, 08:26 PM
I just want to point something out.

8 of the top 13 threads in this sub-forum are yours, you are truly the homebrew king

rferries
2017-08-20, 01:03 AM
I just want to point something out.

8 of the top 13 threads in this sub-forum are yours, you are truly the homebrew king

Haha! Thanks, I think... More like I'm seizing any excuse to procrastinate when I have med exams to study for :D I have monopolised the forum, yes.

rferries
2017-08-20, 03:39 AM
LIZBETH COVENANT
http://i.imgur.com/YgZcxDb.jpg
"You're more of a meal... than a man."

Lizbeth's Confrontation (https://youtu.be/yI5jyTnq0w0?t=4m37s) and Death (https://youtu.be/yI5jyTnq0w0?t=10m15s)

MEDIUM UNDEAD (Evil, Undying)
Hit Dice: 12d12+60 (138 hp)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares), climb 40 ft.
Armor Class: 25 (+5 Dex, +5 deflection, +5 natural), touch 20, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+13
Attack: Claw +13 melee (1d4+5) or rock +14 ranged (1d4+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +13 melee (1d4+5) and bite +10 melee (1d6+2) or 4 rocks +14 ranged (1d4+5)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Berserk, improved grab, leap, pounce, rake 1d4+2, rock throwing
Special Qualities: +4 turn resistance, damage reduction 10/good or silver, darkvision 60 ft., minions, mist form, past life, regeneration 5, scent, undead traits, unearthly grace, undying traits
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +16, Will +17
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 20, Con -, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 20
Skills: Balance +30, Bluff +20, Climb +13, Craft (writing) +18 (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/srd/Modern/skillsorder.html#craftwriting), Diplomacy +24, Hide +28, Intimidate +22, Jump +42, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +18, Listen +25, Move Silently +28, Spot +25, Tumble +30
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Multiattack
Environment: The Covenant Estates
Organization: Unique (plus Howler pack (5-12 moon howlers) or Decayed Saint warden squad (2-4 decayed saints))
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

Part vampire, part lycanthrope, part ghoul, Lizbeth is now a twisted reflection of her former mortal innocence and beauty. Her golden locks and ivory flesh are unchanged, but her hands and feet have become bloodstained black-taloned claws and her mouth bears a set of vicious fangs and drips with the blood of her latest kill. Worst of all, her once-gray eyes are now a gleaming supernatural gold beneath a monstrous brow. Clad in a flowing, tattered silken remnant of her burial gown, she prowls the Estates with her bestial pet howlers and lurks in the family crypt with her decayed saints.

The youngest of the Covenant siblings, it is perhaps Lizbeth who hates Jeremiah the most. She feels (rightly) that the curse robbed her of any chance at a normal life - indeed, she was struck down in her mortal prime by a mysterious wasting illness. Now that she has returned as an Undying abomination, she taunts Jeremiah by haunting his estate and frightening and slaying his remaining servants.

Lizbeth speaks Abyssal, Celestial, Common, and Elven but generally only to taunt or manipulate her foes.

Combat Abilities
Lizbeth's tremendous agility allows her to choose the time and place of her battles. She leaps and clambers with ease amongst the highest of structures, hurling insults and stones with equal abandon and ordering her minions in from a distance. When she finally decides to confront a party she is an implacable foe, fighting to the death in the knowledge that her berserk fury will protect her.

Lizbeth’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons she wields, are treated as evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Berserk (Su)
If Lizbeth is reduced to 0 or fewer hit points, she immediately enters a supernatural berserker state. Glowing with an eerie pale light, she gains a +8 bonus to her Dexterity and Strength scores, immunity to further damage and all magical attacks, and acts as if hasted for twelve rounds. Once the rage expires she stands in a helpless stupor for 1d4 rounds, during which she is vulnerable to coup de grace attacks from any weapon that can overcome an Undying creature's regeneration. After the daze expires, she regains hit points as though she had rested for a night and resumes her normal attacks.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, Lizbeth must hit with her bite attack. She can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If she wins the grapple check, she establishes a hold and can rake.

Leap (Ex)
Lizbeth can jump in any direction once per round as a full-round action, at a speed of 200 feet. She must move in a straight line, but does not provoke attacks of opportunity while leaping. This counts as a charge for the purposes of her pounce special attack. Furthermore, she is immune to falling damage.

Minions (Ex)
In her mortal life Lizbeth had many pet Rottweilers, which her powers have now twisted into howlers (all varieties) that have multiplied rapidly and now serve her whims. She also commands the decayed saints of the former Monastery, though she cannot create more of them. Finally, her powers have restored a pitiful semblance of life to the corpse of her mother, Evaline Covenant.

Mist Form (Su)
Once per day Lizbeth can vanish from sight in a puff of pale luminous mist, as if by dimension door (caster level 12th). She may use this ability to teleport to any place within range, regardless of whether or not she has line of sight or even line of effect to it.

Past Life (Ex)
Lizbeth retains the traits and skills of her mortal life as a human aristocrat. She has human traits (bonus feat, bonus skill points) in addition to undead traits. She has a base attack bonus equal to three-quarters of her character level.

Pounce (Ex)
If Lizbeth charges a foe, she can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex)
Attack bonus +11 melee, damage 1d4+2.

Rock Throwing (Ex)
Lizbeth is an accomplished rock thrower and receives a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls when throwing rocks. The range increment is 180 feet for Lizbeth’s thrown rocks. She uses both hands when throwing rocks.

Unearthly Grace (Su)
Lizbeth adds her Charisma modifier as a bonus on all her saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to her Armor Class. (The statistics block already reflects these bonuses).

Skills
Lizbeth receives skills as though she were an outsider. She has a +8 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Tumble checks. She can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.

rferries
2017-08-21, 06:28 AM
LIZBETH'S MINIONS
HOWLER, MOON
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/undying/images/1/1f/Howlers_Art.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/2000?cb=20161209205856

"A piece to the puzzle. The scream downstairs was the result of an attack by a beast... something Jeremiah calls a Howler. Similar to a dog, the animal was pale in complexion, had claws as long as my arm and could leap several meters from a dead stop. I killed the fiend but before I could thoroughly inspect the corpse, it vanished without a trace." - Patrick Galloway

"And now, it appears I will never have a chance to find them. I have broken my leg, and I fear that these strange dog-beasts that roam this land can sense my weakness. They come closer with each passing of the sun. I fear that they will soon attack." - Brother Jonathan McMuir

MEDIUM MAGICAL BEAST
Hit Dice: 3d10+3 (14 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), climb 30 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (+4 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+5
Attack: Claw +7 melee (1d4+2)
Full Attack: 2 claws +7 melee (1d4+2) and bite +2 melee (1d6+1)
Special Attacks: Drop, howl, improved grab, leap, pounce, rake 1d4+1
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +2
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +12, Climb +12, Hide +12, Jump +18, Listen +12, Move Silently +12, Spot +12, Tumble +12
Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (7-16)
Challenge Rating: 3 (ashen 4, jade 5)
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Level Adjustment: 4-5 HD (Medium)

This beast has a demonic visage, claws, and can stand almost upright... when it is not racing on all fours across the moors. Its claws and horns are black and bloodstained, but its flesh is as pale and lustrous as moonlight.

Originally Lizbeth's pet hounds, these beasts have been twisted into semi-demonic monstrosities by her powers. They serve her with their fierce bloodlust and terrifying speed. Their howls can be heard from far in the distance, and presage death for the listener.

Howlers understand Abyssal and Common but never speak, communicating only through their eerie howls.

Combat Abilities
Howlers rush in packs across the land and are almost as agile as their mistress at climbing ruins and hills. They generally rush to join battle as soon as they hear the howls of one of their fellows, but can also perform subtle ambushes by dropping on prey from above.

Drop (Ex)
A howler climb up a wall onto a ceiling and hold itself perfectly motionless, gaining a +4 bonus to Hide checks. When a party passes underneath it may drop down on a target. This counts as a charge for the purposes of its pounce special attack.

Howl (Su)
As a full-round action a howler can unleash an eerie howl. Any creature within 1 mile that hears the howl must succeed on a Will save (DC 13) or be shaken for 1d4 minutes. This is a sonic mind-affecting fear effect. A creature that successfully saves against the howl is immune to this ability (from all howlers of that variety) for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.

Additionally, the howl attracts nearby creatures that are disposed to investigate it (typically more Howlers).

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, a howler must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Leap (Ex)
A howler can jump in any direction once per round as a full-round action, at a speed of 100 feet. It must move in a straight line, but does not provoke attacks of opportunity while leaping. This counts as a charge for the purposes of its pounce special attack. Furthermore, it is immune to falling damage.

Pounce (Ex)
If a howler charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex)
Attack bonus +7 melee, damage 1d4+1.

Skills
Howlers have a +8 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Tumble checks. They can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. Howlers use either their Strength modifier or Dexterity modifier for Climb checks, whichever is higher.

Howler Varieties
Some howler packs are "led" by particularly strong representatives of their race. A pack of moon howlers has a 25% chance of including 1d4 ashen howlers and a separate 5% chance of including a single jade howler.

Ashen
These howlers have dark gray flesh. They have Strength 18, Constitution 14, Charisma 12, 6 Hit Dice, a natural armour bonus of +2, and the Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack (bite), and Improved Natural Attack (claw) feats. Their racial bonus on Hide checks increases to +20 in areas of dim illumination.

Jade
These howlers have dark green hides. They have Strength 22, Constitution 16, Charisma 14, 9 Hit Dice, a natural armour bonus of +4, and the Ability Focus (howl), Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack (bite), and Improved Natural Attack (claw) feats. Their racial bonus on Hide checks increases to +20 in natural environments.

DECAYED SAINTS
http://i.imgur.com/iPXeKuM.jpg

"These dark, twisting tunnels offer me no hope. I shiver with the cold the damp air brings. It's been several days now... several days since I fell in here, down what I thought was an old dried up water well. At the bottom of this well, there was no mud, no caked dirt, but instead a strange chamber.

This chamber could only have been used to practice the dark arts, as nothing else could explain the strange markings on the wall, the huge altar in the center of the room... the strange creatures that roam these halls.

They could only be the product of some sort of ancient summoning ritual. What horrible death have I doomed myself to?" - Balbee Kanstaruu, Lost Trsanti

MEDIUM UNDEAD
Hit Dice: 9d12 (58 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+8
Attack: Quarterstaff +8 melee (1d6+6) or sling +6 ranged (1d4+4)
Full Attack: Quarterstaff +8 melee (1d6+6) or sling +6 ranged (1d4+4)
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/bludgeoning, darkvision 60 ft., rejeuvenation, rest, undead traits
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +6
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 14, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
Skills:
Feats: Improved InitiativeB
Environment: The Covenant Estates (especially the Monastery)
Organization: Solitary, pair, or warden squad (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 6
Alignment: Always neutral

These creatures are the ancient skeletons of monks, corrupted and reanimated by the poison of the Scythe of the Celts. They wear dusty armour and patrol their former holy sites, mindlessly pursuing interlopers. Lizbeth alone can command them to stray from their eternal vigils, and she always keeps a squad of them in her lair for protection.

In spite of their mindlessness, they seem to harbour a particular hatred for the PCs - they remember who slayed them in ages past...

Decayed saints understand Common but only for the purpose of receiving orders.

Combat Abilities
Decayed saints are mindless and cannot employ advanced tactics. They rush to engage foes in melee, resorting to slings only to strike at foes fleeing beyond their grasp.

Rejeuvenation (Su)
A decayed saint that is reduced to 0 or fewer hit points collapses to the ground, apparently inanimate. However, it rises again after 1d4 minutes with full hit points and resumes its attack. A decayed saint may only be permanently slain via one of the following ways:

reduce it to 0 or fewer hit points with a positive energy spell or effect, or a spell with the [Good] or [Light] descriptors
apply holy water, bless , or protection from evil to the creature while it is inanimate
destroy it outright with a cleric's turn undead ability (minimum cleric level 18th), invoke, or raise dead (or similar spells)

Rest (Ex)
A decayed saint may be ordered to lie inanimate to appear to be a normal skeletal corpse, so as to launch a surprise attack. It takes a DC 20 Spot check to notice that it is actually an undead creature.

EVALINE COVENANT
http://i.imgur.com/bdwYBts.jpg?1

"All is not well here at the Covenant Estate. Joseph, my husband who once charmed me with his good will and smile, now seems distant and reclusive. I realized that when we met there are those imperfections one must look past and that your heart helps you to forgive. However, Joseph's strange obsession keeps him in the library at all hours of the night.

Seldom are we spending time together, and even more rarely does he want to exercise his husbandly right towards me. I'm beginning to feel inadequate, especially when he talks of his desire for children prancing around the estate. What am I to do?" - Evaline Covenant

"It is truly a pity that my dear wife Evaline passed away birthing Lizbeth. She would have loved to see them all grow. I cannot help but think that she would have been able to tame this wild streak that they all have exhibited lately. A mother is a soothing influence. I unfortunately cannot offer them this solace. I wish I could understand what brought on this recent behavior. " - Joseph Covenant

"Whilst tracking Lizbeth I came upon the matriarch of the Covenants, Evaline. Her corpse was standing at what seemed to be their dining room table, humming echoes of a childhood lullaby. As I touched her arm, her body fell limp into her chair, lifeless.

As if sensing her mother, Lizbeth entered the room and scolded me, "the interloper", for interfering. I do not yet know the wickedness that has befallen my poor friend's family, yet I feel it around every corner." - Patrick Galloway

MEDIUM UNDEAD
Hit Dice: 1d12 (6 hp)
Initiative: -5
Armor Class: 7 (-5 Dex, +2 natural), touch 5, flat-footed 7
Base Attack/Grapple: -5/-5
Attack: -
Full Attack: -
Special Attacks: Horrific appearance, lullaby, madness
Special Qualities: Bound, damage reduction 5/slashing, darkvision 60 ft., freedom, undead traits
Saves: Fort +0, Ref -5, Will -5
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 1, Con -, Int 4, Wis 1, Cha 18
Skills: Perform (sing) +8
Feats: Ability Focus (lullaby)
Environment: The Covenant Estates (Lizbeth's Lair)
Organization: Unique
Challenge Rating: 1
Alignment: Neutral

This cadaver wears a once-fine gown and is seated at head of a dining room table set with a fresh service (provided by Lizbeth and her minions) that is quite at odds with the crypt of Lizbeth's Lair. She constantly and mindlessly mutters an insane lullaby that echoes throughout the Catacombs.

Evaline cannot perceive her environment, let alone speak or understand any language. She is utterly lost to her undead madness.

Combat Abilities
Evaline croons her lullaby for as long as an adventuring party wanders the Catacombs. Those that approach her are subject to her gaze, but as soon as she is so much as touched she slumps back in her chair, inanimate.

Bound (Ex)
Evaline in her current state is nothing more than an extension of her crazed daughter's will. If she is physically disturbed in any way she loses all animation and Lizbeth is immediately empathically alerted of the disturbance. Lizbeth can reanimate her mother (with full hit points, after 24 hours have passed) as a full-round action, by feeding her own blood to the corpse.

Freedom (Ex)
If Lizbeth is permanently slain, an odd serenity comes over Evaline's ghastly features. She rises from the table, walks through the Lair to the locked door leading to the cliffs, and releases the supernatural ward there with a touch. After which, she stumbles away and falls to the ground, truly dead once more.

Horrific Appearance (Su)
Any living creature within 60 feet that views Evaline must succeed on a DC 16 Fortitude save or immediately take 1d4 points of Strength damage, 1d4 points of Dexterity damage, and 1d4 points of Constitution damage. A creature that successfully saves against this effect cannot be affected by her horrific appearance for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma based.

Lullaby (Su)
Evaline constantly mutters and croons to itself, in a voice that echoes throughout the Catacombs. All sane creatures in the Catacombs must succeed on a DC 16 Will save each hour they spend there or take 1d4 points of Wisdom damage. This is a sonic mind-affecting necromancy effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Madness (Su)
Anyone targeting Evaline with a thought detection, mind control, or telepathic ability makes direct contact with her tortured mind and takes 1d4 points of Wisdom damage.

rferries
2017-08-29, 04:19 AM
AMBROSE COVENANT
http://i.imgur.com/riUA5fh.jpg
"Fool... you had your chance to escape."

Ambrose's Confrontation (https://youtu.be/vzPyfepd3BM)

LARGE UNDEAD (Evil, Undying)
Hit Dice: 14d12+60 (138 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares)
Armor Class: 30 (-1 Dex, -1 size, +2 leather armor, +20 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 30
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+28
Attack: +1 vorpal halberd +26 melee (1d10+20/19-20/x3) or slam +23 melee (1d6+15)
Full Attack: +1 vorpal halberd +26/+21/+16 melee (1d10+20/19-20/x3) or slam +23 melee (1d6+15)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Gel'ziabar power, leap, pounce, ranged legerdemain 1/day
Special Qualities: +4 turn resistance, damage reduction 10/good, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 20, minions, past life, regeneration 5, spell resistance 34, undead traits, undying traits
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +14
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 8, Con -, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 20
Skills: Climb +27, Hide +20, Intimidate +22, Jump +35*, Knowledge (geography, history) +20, Listen +28, Move Silently +24, Sleight of Hand +16, Spot +28, Survival +3 (+5 avoid natural hazards), Swim +27, Use Magic device +22
Feats: Great Cleave, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes
Fighter Feats: Blind Fight, Cleave, Greater Weapon Focus (halberd), Greater Weapon Specialization (halberd), Improved Critical (halberd), Power Attack, Weapon Focus (halberd), Weapon Specialization (halberd)
Organization: Unique (plus Trsanti band (3-6 Trsanti warriors, plus 1-2 Trsanti witches, plus 1-2 Trsanti demolitionists, plus 1 Trsanti chieftain))
Challenge Rating: 14
Treasure: Triple standard

The black sheep of the Covenant family, Ambrose was a darkly handsome young aristocrat in life. Now an undead pirate clad in a raider's garb he retains little of his former allure. Stained teeth, obsidian eyes, ragged fingernails, and arcane tattoos along the pallid flesh of his bare arms all combine to make him a ghastly sight... but all this pales in comparison to the misshapen ogre-like form he assumes if he acquires the Gel'ziabar stone. In that form (http://i.imgur.com/UKH7ZvC.jpg) he is a hulking brute with a stooped posture, simian brow, and a painfully (and deceptively) slow lurching gait.

Ambrose never fit in with his siblings. Always the rebel, the rogue, the renegade, he was drawn to a life of crime and darkness that culminated in the murder of his own father, Joseph Covenant. Now an undead leader of the ruthless Trsanti, he is consumed by his greed, bloodlust, and desire for revenge upon Jeremiah for the curse they all suffer.

Ambrose speaks Common and Trsanti in a gravelly voice.

Combat Abilities
Ambrose desires treasure, particularly the artifact known as the Gel'ziabar Stone, for he has learned how to tap into its powers to strengthen himself. To that end (and to torment his brother Jeremiah), he sends Trsanti raiders to ravage the Covenant estate. However, he is as subtle as a rogue and is unlikely to reveal himself until he sees an opportunity to claim the Gel'ziabar stone by force or trickery.

Ambrose's statistics block includes the benefits of the Gel'ziabar Stone, as it is assumed that he acquires it before combat begins. If he is prevented from acquiring it or loses possession of it, adapt his statistics as mentioned under Gel'ziabar Power, below.

Ambrose’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons he wields, are treated as evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Gel'ziabar Power (Ex)
As a full-round action upon acquiring the Gel'ziabar Stone, Ambrose may affix it to the blade of his halberd. This has multiple effects:

Gel'ziabar Monstrosity
Ambrose rapidly and painfully grows into a Large-sized abomination. He gains a +10 bonus to his Strength, the benefits and drawbacks of Large size (-1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters, 10 foot reach), a -14 penalty to his Dexterity, a +15 increase to his natural armour bonus, a base land speed of 10 feet (decreased from 30 feet), the Leap and Pounce special attacks, fast healing 20, and spell resistance 34. Furthermore, his masterwork halberd becomes a +1 vorpal halberd. These effects last for as long as he retains the Stone. (These benefits are already included in the statistics block.)

Gel'ziabar Censure
Although Ambrose is virtually indestructible while bearing the Stone (beyond even the resilience of an Undying creature), his increased power comes at a cost. Once per minute a Hound of Gel'ziabar materialises with a clap of thunder and attacks him, seizing one of his arms in its maw (treat the two creatures as grappling each other). The pair will grapple for 1d4+1 rounds, during which Ambrose's enemies can attempt to sunder the Gel'ziabar stone from his halberd with a +10 circumstance bonus to the check (each character is permitted a DC 15 Intelligence or Wisdom check each time a Hound materialises to realise a sunder attempt should be made).

Gel'ziabar Dependency
If the sunder attempts are unsuccessful, Ambrose eventually backhands the Hound away (causing it to flee and dematerialise) and resumes attacking the party. If a sunder attempt succeeds, Ambrose reverts to his base statistics and is dazed for 1d4 rounds, during which he is vulnerable to coup de grace attacks from any weapon that can overcome an Undying creature's regeneration. After the daze expires, he regains hit points as though he had rested for a night and resumes his normal attacks. Repeat this daze process every time he is reduced to 0 hit points or below.

Leap (Ex)
Ambrose in his Gel'ziabar Power form can jump in any direction once per round as a full-round action, at a speed of 200 feet. He must move in a straight line, but does not provoke attacks of opportunity while leaping. This counts as a charge for the purposes of his pounce special attack. Furthermore, he is immune to falling damage.

Minions (Ex)
Ambrose commands absolute respect and loyalty from the Trsanti. The warriors, witches, demolitionists, and chieftains all obey him without question (treat them as being fanatically (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#diplomacy) loyal to him at all times).

Past Life (Ex)
Ambrose retains the traits and skills of his mortal life as a human fighter. He has human traits (bonus feat, bonus skill points) in addition to undead traits. His base attack bonus is equal to his character level and his base Fortitude save is equal to one-half his character level plus 2. He gains bonus feats as a 14th-level fighter (and may meet feat prerequisites as such).

Pounce (Ex)
If Ambrose charges a foe in his Gel'ziabar Power form, he can make a full attack and may also make an overrun attempt as a free action. He can make the full attack and the overrun attempt in whichever order he chooses.

Ranged Legerdemain
As the arcane trickster ability (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/arcaneTrickster.htm#rangedLegerdemain).

Skills
Ambrose receives skills as though he were an outsider. He has a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks. He has a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks while in his Gel'ziabar Power form.

rferries
2017-08-29, 04:39 AM
Here's the Trsanti; they're a vaguely racist depiction of "ethnic" enemies but I converted them nonetheless.

AMBROSE'S MINIONS
TRSANTI
http://i.imgur.com/o9hUATR.png?1

"14 April 1922. I have found my true brothers...the Trsanti. They are a barbaric race, traveling the desert in search of battle. They neither fight for independence nor to subjugate. They fight because they hate. They have taught me how to use primitive but powerful weaponry. I return home soon, bringing my knowledge, and some souvenirs with me. - Ambrose Covenant

TRSANTI, WARRIOR (Rogue 2nd/Fighter 8th)
MEDIUM HUMANOID (Human)
Hit Dice: 2d6+8d10+30 (81 hp)
Initiative: +7
Armor Class: 16 (+3 Dex, +4 chain shirt, -1 fanatic), touch 12, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+12
Attack: Colt python (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/srd/Modern/weapons.html#rangedweapons) +14 ranged (2d6) or falchion +12 melee (2d4+4/(15-20))
Full Attack: Colt python (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/srd/Modern/weapons.html#rangedweapons) +14/+9 ranged (2d6) or falchion +12/+7 melee (2d4+4/(15-20))
Special Attacks: Demolitionist, sneak attack +1d6
Special Qualities: Evasion, fanatic, human traits, trapfinding
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +7
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +14, Intimidate +12, Jump +14, Listen +8, Search +5, Spot +8, Survival +1 (+3 following tracks), Swim +4
Feats: Alertness, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes
Fighter Feats: Improved Critical (falchion), Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus (pistol)
Organization: Solitary, pair, or band (3-6 trsanti warriors plus 1 trsanti demolitionist)
Challenge Rating: 10 (11 demolitionist)
Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +0

"You must have a death wish..."

These warriors wear armour under their desert garb, looking quite at odds with the verdant Covenant Estate and the refined Manor. Their hair is long but not unkempt and they clearly take pride in their appearance.

A ruthless tribe from distant lands, the Trsanti have accompanied Ambrose on his return. They do his bidding without question, even giving their lives for his cause. Even the witches of their clan do not fully understand the hold that Ambrose has over them.

Trsanti speak Common and Trsanti but rarely speak with outsiders, except to perform interrogations or Intimidate foes in combat.

Combat Abilities
Trsanti warriors fire pistols with deadly accuracy from a distance, drawing their brutal falchions in melee.

Demolitionist
One in twenty Trsanti warriors is equipped with supplies of dynamite (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/srd/Modern/weapons.html#explosive) (12 sticks).

Evasion (Ex)
At 2nd level and higher, a Trsanti can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the Trsanti is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless Trsanti does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Fanatic (Ex) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#diplomacy)
Trsanti will glady give their lives in service to Ambrose. They gain a +2 morale bonus to their Strength and Constitution scores, a +1 morale bonus on Will saves, and a -1 penalty to AC whenever fighting for Ambrose or his cause. Treat the fanatic attitude as a mind-affecting enchantment effect for purposes of immunity, save bonuses, or being detected by the Sense Motive skill. Since it is nonmagical, it can’t be dispelled; however, any effect that suppresses or counters mind-affecting effects will affect it normally. A fanatic NPC’s attitude can’t be further adjusted by the use of skills. (These benefits are already included in the statistics block.)

Sneak Attack
A Trsanti is able to sneak attack as a 2nd level rogue, dealing 1d6 extra damage.

Trapfinding
As the rogue class ability.

TRSANTI, CHIEFTAIN (Rogue 2nd/Fighter 10th)

"My Trsanti brothers - The stranger must be stopped. Beware, he has skill. Remember the advice from the master in the East: "Hence that general is skillful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skillful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack. When the Stranger is dead, return to me in the Pirate's Cove." -Ambrose Covenant

MEDIUM HUMANOID (Human)
Hit Dice: 2d6+10d10+48 (110 hp)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (+5 Dex, +3 masterwork studded leather, -1 fanatic), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+15
Attack: Masterwork sawed-off shotgun (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/srd/Modern/weapons.html#rangedweapons) +17 ranged (2d8) or masterwork short sword +16 melee (1d6+4/(17-20))
Full Attack: Masterwork sawed-off shotgun (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/srd/Modern/weapons.html#rangedweapons) +17/+12/+7 ranged (2d8) or 2 masterwork short swords +16/+11/+6 melee (1d6+4/(17-20))
Special Attacks: Sneak attack +1d6
Special Qualities: Evasion, fanatic, human traits, trapfinding
Saves: Fort +13, Ref +13, Will +9
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 12
Skills: Balance +7, Climb +19, Intimidate +16, Jump +21, Listen +7, Search +6, Spot +7, Survival +2 (+4 following tracks), Swim +9, Tumble +22
Feats: Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Two-Weapon Defense, Weapon Focus (short sword),
Fighter Feats: Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Critical (short sword), Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Point Blank Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting, Greater Weapon Focus (short sword)
Organization: Solitary, pair, or band (one trsanti chieftain plus 3-6 trsanti warriors plus 1 trsanti demolitionist)

"I'll kill you for your boots, Irishman..."

These Trsanti leaders are regal in appearance, wearing pale desert garb. Vicious yet courageous, they do not hesitate to lead the charge into battle.

Trsanti speak Common and Trsanti but rarely speak with outsiders, except to perform interrogations or Intimidate foes in combat.

Combat Abilities
Trsanti chieftains fire shotguns at close range but rarely bother to reload them, instead drawing their serrated short swords and rushing into melee. A chieftain is a whirling dervish of destruction with their blades, and furthermore he gains a measure of protection from his Two-Weapon Defense feat.

Evasion (Ex)
At 2nd level and higher, a Trsanti can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the Trsanti is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless Trsanti does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Trsanti will glady give their lives in service to Ambrose. They gain a +2 morale bonus to their Strength and Constitution scores, a +1 morale bonus on Will saves, and a -1 penalty to AC whenever fighting for Ambrose or his cause. Treat the fanatic attitude as a mind-affecting enchantment effect for purposes of immunity, save bonuses, or being detected by the Sense Motive skill. Since it is nonmagical, it can’t be dispelled; however, any effect that suppresses or counters mind-affecting effects will affect it normally. A fanatic NPC’s attitude can’t be further adjusted by the use of skills. (These benefits are already included in the statistics block.)

Sneak Attack
A Trsanti is able to sneak attack as a 2nd level rogue, dealing 1d6 extra damage.

Trapfinding

TRSANTI, WITCH (Battle Sorcerer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#sorcererVariantBattleS orcerer) 12th)
http://i.imgur.com/IEzWTnE.jpg?1

"I grow very tired of this waiting. I still know not why the Trsanti men have an unwavering loyalty to Ambrose. Following his every instruction with a childlike innocence that is amusing. Ah, how often the lack of female intuition brings about a man's demise. By merely walking past I can control their feeble minds. Every fire needs kindling I suppose.

Once my sweet Ambrose destroys the family, we'll rule together with the power of the King. Still, our search for the stone is exhausting.
Month by maddening month we protect this pirate's cove without knowing why. Does he believe the Gel'ziabar to be hidden somewhere inside? If it were something more he would surely include me, his witch princess, on his plot. I will keep both faith and watch over my brothers." - Shanta Mular

MEDIUM HUMANOID (Human)
Hit Dice: 12d8+24 (78 hp)
Initiative: +6
Armor Class: 11 (+2 Dex, -1 fanatic), touch 11, flat-footed 9
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+7
Attack: Masterwork punching dagger +11 (1d4/x3)
Full Attack: Masterwork punching dagger +11/+6 (1d4/x3)
Special Attacks: Spells
Special Qualities: Fanatic, human traits
Saves: Fort +13, Ref +14, Will +9
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 18
Skills: Concentration +17, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (arcana) +16, Spellcraft +18
Feats: Eschew Familiar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?523630-Familiar-Feats-(for-both-you-and-your-familiar)), Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Finesse
Organization: Solitary, pair, or band (one trsanti witch plus one trsanti chieftain plus 3-6 trsanti warriors plus 1 trsanti demolitionist)

"Am I supposed to be scared, hmmm...?"

These wise and powerful women exceed even the Trsanti chieftains in rank. They use their powers for the benefit of their tribesmen, both in and out of combat,

Trsanti witches speak Abyssal, Common and Trsanti.

Combat Abilities
Trsanti witches protect themselves with covenant shields before unleashing a devastating skull storm assault in combat. They burn through their spell slots quickly, then close to melee without hesitation in spite of their relative frailty.

Spells
A Trsanti witch casts spells as a 12th-level battle sorcerer. They possess the Eschew Familiar feat. They always know covenant shield and skull storm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?534657-Clive-Barker-s-Undying-Spells).

TRSANTI, SHAMAN (Rogue 2nd/Fighter 2nd/Battle Sorcerer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#sorcererVariantBattleS orcerer) 2nd)
http://i.imgur.com/BkiG0J4.jpg

As a bonus, I've included Magnus Wolfram - he was the original character concept for the game's protagonist, but was replaced by Patrick Galloway during development. He was redesigned into the shaman in the game's prologue - whom Patrick and Jeremiah battle and kill and who was the original owner of the Gel'ziabar Stone (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?534640-Clive-Barker-s-Undying-Magic-Items). Hopefully he makes for a nice little introduction for the PCs.

"MAGNUS WOLFRAM"
MEDIUM HUMANOID (Human)
Hit Dice: 2d6+2d10+2d8+12 (39 hp)
Initiative: +4
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 masterwork chain shirt), touch 12, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+7
Attack: Masterwork sawed-offshotgun (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/srd/Modern/weapons.html#rangedweapons) +7 ranged (2d8) or masterwork short sword +7 melee (1d6+2/(19-20))
Full Attack: Masterwork sawed-offshotgun (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/srd/Modern/weapons.html#rangedweapons) +8 ranged (2d8) or masterwork short sword +8 melee (1d6+2/(19-20))
Special Attacks: Sneak attack, spells
Special Qualities: Evasion, human traits, trapfinding
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +8
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills: Concentration +11, Intimidate +11, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Listen +11, Spellcraft +13 (+15 scrolls), Spot +11, Use Magic Device +10 (+12 scrolls)
Feats: Eschew Familiar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?523630-Familiar-Feats-(for-both-you-and-your-familiar)), Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes,
Environment: Flashback
Organization: Unique (encountered on battlefield during Trsanti War)
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: Standard plus the Gel'ziabar Stone

This sorcerous warrior meets your gaze from across the battlefield - tattooed, bald, armed and armoured with a gleaming stone of green crystal in his hand. His skill, strength, and mystical power are all self-evident, making him seem a dark reflection of each member of your party. With a raised hand he orders his troops to attack, then begins to cast a spell.

This Trsanti shaman was the last creature to possess the Gel'ziabar Stone, before your party slew him. At the start of the campaign you must fight him to the death during a flashback to the Trsanti War (with Jeremiah's assistance).

The shaman shouts orders in Trsanti to his soldiers but has no interest is speaking to you.

Combat Abilities
The shaman uses his spells to protect himself and strike at you. He occasionally grasps the Gel'ziabar Stone with a free hand and uses its power to repel your party or augment his spellcasting.

Evasion (Ex)

Sneak Attack

Spells
The shaman casts spells as a 2nd-level battle sorcerer. He possesses the Eschew Familiar feat and the Gel'ziabar Stone. He is marked with numerous Arcane Whorls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?534640-Clive-Barker-s-Undying-Magic-Items), though they have no combat relevance. Characters may make Knowledge checks to recall/identify his tattoos when encountering Arcane Whorls later in the campaign.

Trapfinding

rferries
2017-08-29, 04:40 AM
check stat block

OTTO KEISINGER
http://i.imgur.com/8aadwYj.jpg
"I'll show you real magic!"

Otto's Confrontation (https://youtu.be/uu-BoY_N1H4?t=10m40s)

OTTO KEISINGER, Sorcerer 15th
MEDIUM HUMANOID (Extraplanar, Human)
Hit Dice: 15d4+45 (82 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 60 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 13 (+3 Dex), touch 13, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+10
Attack: Unarmed strike +10 (1d3+3 nonlethal)
Full Attack: Unarmed strike +10/+5 (1d3+3 nonlethal)
Special Attacks: Spells
Special Qualities: Human traits
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +14
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 16
Skills: Bluff +23, Concentration +21, Diplomacy +7, Disguise +3 (+5 acting), Gather Information +5, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (arcana, local, nobility and royalty, religion, the planes) +21, Spellcraft +25, Survival +3 (+5 other planes)
Feats: Eschew Familiar, Flyby Attack, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Sagacity (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?529089-Revamped-skill-feats)
Environment: Oneiros
Organization: Unique (plus Scarrow covey (2-4) or Sil Lith Inhabitant rookery (3-6) or Verago covey (2-4))
Challenge Rating: 15
Treasure: Triple standard
Alignment: Neutral evil

is in fact a 15th-level expert that has acquired skill with magic
cloak of charisma, black robe, benefits included...
skilled manipulator
disguise...possibly encountered
scrolls - while in possession!
simple fire cantrip for candles
spell-like abilities
prime of life
Special Attacks: Lightning, morphic, phoenix, skull storm
Special Qualities: fly, human traits, Minions, shield, teleport
The black sheep of the Covenant family, Ambrose was a darkly handsome young aristocrat in life. Now an undead pirate clad in a raider's garb he retains little of his former allure. Stained teeth, obsidian eyes, ragged fingernails, and arcane tattoos along the pallid flesh of his bare arms all combine to make him a ghastly sight... but all this pales in comparison to the misshapen ogre-like form he assumes if he acquires the Gel'ziabar stone. In that form (http://i.imgur.com/UKH7ZvC.jpg) he is a hulking brute with a stooped posture, simian brow, and a painfully (and deceptively) slow lurching gait.

Ambrose never fit in with his siblings. Always the rebel, the rogue, the renegade, he was drawn to a life of crime and darkness that culminated in the murder of his own father, Joseph Covenant. Now an undead leader of the ruthless Trsanti, he is consumed by his greed, bloodlust, and desire for revenge upon Jeremiah for the curse they all suffer.

Ambrose speaks Common and Trsanti in a gravelly voice.

Combat Abilities
Ambrose desires treasure, particularly the artifact known as the Gel'ziabar Stone, for he has learned how to tap into its powers to strengthen himself. To that end (and to torment his brother Jeremiah), he sends Trsanti raiders to ravage the Covenant estate. However, he is as subtle as a rogue and is unlikely to reveal himself until he sees an opportunity to claim the Gel'ziabar stone by force or trickery.

Ambrose's statistics block includes the benefits of the Gel'ziabar Stone, as it is assumed that he acquires it before combat begins. If he is prevented from acquiring it or loses possession of it, adapt his statistics as mentioned under Gel'ziabar Power, below.

Ambrose’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons he wields, are treated as evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Gel'ziabar Power (Ex)
As a full-round action upon acquiring the Gel'ziabar Stone, Ambrose may affix it to the blade of his halberd. This has multiple effects:

Gel'ziabar Monstrosity
Ambrose rapidly and painfully grows into a Large-sized abomination. He gains a +10 bonus to his Strength, the benefits and drawbacks of Large size (-1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters, 10 foot reach), a -14 penalty to his Dexterity, a +15 increase to his natural armour bonus, a base land speed of 10 feet (decreased from 30 feet), the Leap and Pounce special attacks, fast healing 20, and spell resistance 34. Furthermore, his masterwork halberd becomes a +1 vorpal halberd. These effects last for as long as he retains the Stone. (These benefits are already included in the statistics block.)

Gel'ziabar Censure
Although Ambrose is virtually indestructible while bearing the Stone (beyond even the resilience of an Undying creature), his increased power comes at a cost. Once per minute a Hound of Gel'ziabar materialises with a clap of thunder and attacks him, seizing one of his arms in its maw (treat the two creatures as grappling each other). The pair will grapple for 1d4+1 rounds, during which Ambrose's enemies can attempt to sunder the Gel'ziabar stone from his halberd with a +10 circumstance bonus to the check (each character is permitted a DC 15 Intelligence or Wisdom check each time a Hound materialises to realise a sunder attempt should be made).

Gel'ziabar Dependency
If the sunder attempts are unsuccessful, Ambrose eventually backhands the Hound away (causing it to flee and dematerialise) and resumes attacking the party. If a sunder attempt succeeds, Ambrose reverts to his base statistics and is dazed for 1d4 rounds, during which he is vulnerable to coup de grace attacks from any weapon that can overcome an Undying creature's regeneration. After the daze expires, he regains hit points as though he had rested for a night and resumes his normal attacks. Repeat this daze process every time he is reduced to 0 hit points or below.

Leap (Ex)
Ambrose in his Gel'ziabar Power form can jump in any direction once per round as a full-round action, at a speed of 200 feet. He must move in a straight line, but does not provoke attacks of opportunity while leaping. This counts as a charge for the purposes of his pounce special attack. Furthermore, he is immune to falling damage.

Minions (Ex)
Ambrose commands absolute respect and loyalty from the Trsanti. The warriors, witches, demolitionists, and chieftains all obey him without question (treat them as being fanatically (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#diplomacy) loyal to him at all times).

Past Life (Ex)
Ambrose retains the traits and skills of his mortal life as a human fighter. He has human traits (bonus feat, bonus skill points) in addition to undead traits. His base attack bonus is equal to his character level and his base Fortitude save is equal to one-half his character level plus 2. He gains bonus feats as a 14th-level fighter (and may meet feat prerequisites as such).

Pounce (Ex)
If Ambrose charges a foe in his Gel'ziabar Power form, he can make a full attack and may also make an overrun attempt as a free action. He can make the full attack and the overrun attempt in whichever order he chooses.

Skills
Ambrose receives skills as though he were an outsider. He has a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks. He has a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks while in his Gel'ziabar Power form.