PDA

View Full Version : Optimization rogue/fighter archer

imtodd
2017-08-19, 10:30 PM
I joined a lvl 6 campaign and just for a quick and easy play I made a rogue (thief) who is an archer. Once the adventure wrapped up I found myself in possession of a very nice bow. With the experience divided up I had enough for a level so I multi'd into fighter. My plan is to go arcane archer, very likely going to lvl 6 to grab an extra attack and a couple of ASI. But after that I'm not sure. Do I just stay with fighter? go back to rogue? or is there another class that meshes well with archer? I definitely want to stay with that style. I picked up archer style when I moved into fighter.

So here's what I have:

Lightfoot Halfling
Rogue (Thief) 6 / Fighter 1
Feat: Alert
Fighting Style: Archery
Stats: 13 / 17 / 13 / 12 / 12 / 13

I'm open to pretty much anything that enhances the "stealth archer" that I have going.

Thanks.

djreynolds
2017-08-19, 11:41 PM
Do you want 3 attacks? Or an extra attack too make sure your sneak attack lands every round?

That's the key.

Your bonus action every round will almost be dedicated to hiding so next round you have advantage.

For 3 attacks, you will be leaning on Sharp Shooter (SS) for your damage output

For 2 attacks, its the sneak attack that is the big source of damage and perhaps that second attack you'll chance with sharp shooter

I really like rogue and battlemaster combined, or scout/monster hunter.... the precision maneuver is too good.

Also you do want 7 rogue, evasion is too good to pass up

Fighter 12/ rogue 8

Fighter 6/ rogue 14

Crgaston
2017-08-19, 11:48 PM
After you get to F6, alternating Rogue and Fighter levels will be giving you pretty cool boosts each level. Maybe toss some Bard in there for another skill, a dose of expertise and some spells.

imtodd
2017-08-20, 07:07 PM
I definitely plan on getting at least one more Rogue level. For evasion and another damage die on sneak attack. Are there any cantrips or spells that work well with bow and arrow? Something along the lines of how Booming Blade works with melee? Or is it better to just have as many arrows in the air as possible with sharpshooter?