PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Scroll crafting. All the scrolls!

Eddieddi
2017-08-20, 08:46 AM
So, I'm playing a game where I got to play a artificer. Here is a link (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer/) And we're level 3, I have scribe scroll, and enough funds to buy 500gp worth of resources to make them. (I can also make potions but the Dm won't let us sell them because we tried to flood the market after our alchemist made 500 cure light wound potions). As a Artificer I treat every spell as 'on my spell list' and just need to make the roll. My real question is how do I treat spells that are on more than one spell list? For example 'angelic aspect' 4th level paladin spell, but a level 8 cleric/wizard spell. or level 3 paladin spell, but a level 6 cleric/wizard spell. Do I treat it as a level 3/4 paladin spell, or a level 6/8 cleric/wizard spell?
And the second question is this: with 500gp funds, and without selling to get more funds, How do I achieve maximum profit making scrolls.

Kallimakus
2017-08-20, 11:46 AM
Without looking too hard, it is your choice. A 5th level wizard/cleric scroll costs 1125 (or 562,5 to create), and is CL 9. One is Arcane, the other Divine. A 3rd level Paladin spell costs 525 (mere 262,5 to craft) but is CL 7. It is always divine. You could also (though I don't know why) craft it as a Warpriest spell, costing 1000 (500 crafted) at CL 7. The Arcane/Divine aspect matters if someone wants to use the scroll (wizards can't use divine scrolls without UMD even if the spell is on the wizard list). The CL matters mostly for durations and dispels, and spell level for DC's. So it's give and take.