PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Necromancy cleric build 3.5

Zarcus
2017-08-21, 04:47 PM
I am try to make a necromancy cleric build. I am wanting to use the half vampire templete for flavor reasons. All book are allowed except for vile darkness and exalted deeds. Also no psioncs. Any tips and info u can give will be helpful. Would like to be able to be on the frontline but not required. We are starting at level 3.

ATHATH
2017-08-21, 05:03 PM
What does the rest of your group consist of? What are their optimization levels?

Also, Half-Vampire is a terrible template, IIRC. Are you sure that you wouldn't be okay with a refluffed version of the Necropolitan template? You could still RP your need to drink blood, of course.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-08-21, 05:07 PM
Half-vampire is alright, with a sprinkling of bonuses and charm monster at will. You might be able to get mobile corpses (i.e. as of yet living creatures) to walk themselves to your animating spot.

For necromancy clerics, straight cleric is fine, especially with a few relevant domains: Deathbound and Undeath, for instance.

I would recommend looking at the Horned Harbinger prestige class, in Faiths and Pantheons. You don't need more than two levels, and it kind of hurts your spell progression, but you get a lot of mileage out of the animate dead SLA it provides.

Feat-wise, there's Corpsecrafter and such, strengthening your undead, and Lord of the Uttercold, which causes your [cold] spells to deal half negative energy damage, healing your undead. (Skeletons are immune to cold. Send them to swarm your enemies, then blast everything with Uttercold spells. Clerics don't have a lot of blasting, so maybe borrow some from the sor/wiz list, using the Divine Magician ACF)

Zarcus
2017-08-21, 05:08 PM
So far I know we are going to have a Goliath barbarian. And we will be having a paladin of some sort. Knowing the player we will be playing something nature based. As to there optimized lvl I am not sure.

Zarcus
2017-08-22, 08:17 AM
Half-vampire is alright, with a sprinkling of bonuses and charm monster at will. You might be able to get mobile corpses (i.e. as of yet living creatures) to walk themselves to your animating spot.

For necromancy clerics, straight cleric is fine, especially with a few relevant domains: Deathbound and Undeath, for instance.

I would recommend looking at the Horned Harbinger prestige class, in Faiths and Pantheons. You don't need more than two levels, and it kind of hurts your spell progression, but you get a lot of mileage out of the animate dead SLA it provides.

Feat-wise, there's Corpsecrafter and such, strengthening your undead, and Lord of the Uttercold, which causes your [cold] spells to deal half negative energy damage, healing your undead. (Skeletons are immune to cold. Send them to swarm your enemies, then blast everything with Uttercold spells. Clerics don't have a lot of blasting, so maybe borrow some from the sor/wiz list, using the Divine Magician ACF)

I was also considering master of shrouds (I think it's called that) as a later prestige just wondering what domains would be best. Thanks for the idea about horned harbinger.