PDA

View Full Version : Advantageous Classes or Races for Chult

RickAsWritten
2017-08-21, 07:11 PM
A friend of mine posited that Dwarves and Yuan-Ti will be a strong(er in the case of Y-T) character choices in the upcoming Tomb of Annihilation and concurrent AL season; as poison will likely be prevalent due to the jungle setting.

Branching out from there, what other races, classes or sub-classes do you think will be at an advantage, even if minuscule, in the new season and hardcover?

Scathain
2017-08-21, 11:48 PM
A friend of mine posited that Dwarves and Yuan-Ti will be a strong(er in the case of Y-T) character choices in the upcoming Tomb of Annihilation and concurrent AL season; as poison will likely be prevalent due to the jungle setting.

Branching out from there, what other races, classes or sub-classes do you think will be at an advantage, even if minuscule, in the new season and hardcover?

Two words: Dungeon Delver.

Goodkill
2017-08-21, 11:56 PM
ranger good at killing dinosaurs lol.

in neverwinter nights 2's second expansion i played a 16 rogue/4 fighter which worked out well for that campaign. it was a two weapon fighting build optimized for sneak attack and general roguishness. playing a rogue can be fun.

Rogerdodger557
2017-08-22, 01:55 PM
Anything with Dungeon Delver feat + Chult as language.

kingheff1
2017-08-22, 02:07 PM
Nature focused classes and backgrounds seem like the most obvious options. Knowledge is power and knowledge of flora and fauna should be great for identifying natural hazards which will probably be a big problem in chult. With druid being the one I'd go for personally since their spells able to nullify poisoning if something goes wrong.

Maxilian
2017-08-22, 02:19 PM
Well... i guess, depending the DM, you can take advantage of:

-Gnome ability to speak with small animals
-Firbolg ability to speak with plants may be really useful (what is better than telling you where to go in a jungle :P)

If in the Guide to Everything, we get the Tiefling feat that give the 2 extra resistance, then it may make the race quite good.

Druids may take a lot of advantage of their transformation (as they can change with the biome), and they got the WIS to back their Nature checks.

Clerics and Druid get the ability to deal with poisons (the condition and the damage), so they are both quite good. (Protection from Poison)