PDA

View Full Version : Your Totem Animal

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-08-10, 06:29 PM
Well, I've noticed a number of folks on these forums mentioning their 'totem animal', some creature that for some reason they feel a spiritual attachment to or some such.

Not quite sure what they mean by that, but hey, lets have some fun. Researched a bit and found this on numerous sites on how to help determine your 'totem animal'.

* When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today?
* Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be?
* When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to?
* If you could be any animal what animal would it be?
* What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood?
* What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it?
* Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to?
* When you are out in nature, do you often seem to run into the same animal?
* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life?
* What animal have you watched for hours?
* Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you?

-=-=-=-=-=-

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-08-10, 06:32 PM
Me? I can't actually come up with anything by using the above.

Never had a particular animal I liked except for elephants when I was little but now have no particular interest. I just always been fascinated by critters in general; prehistoric, wild, domesticated, or mythological. I've lived out by the woods pretty much all my life and I can't say as I've ever met one animal more than any others except for deer... but deer are overrunning this entire area and everyone sees them continuously.

The closest I can come to is possibly the whip-poor-will. Never seen one or dreamt of one or anything, but I've always had a thing for birds and I do enjoy going out and listening to them at night. I can also do an imitation well enough to get them to answer me.

Orzel
2007-08-10, 06:56 PM
The panther aka black leopard.

I loves them.
Little panther was my nickname as a toddler.
I often pounced on people as a child
I carried many of the recessive genes in my family
I used to own a black cat and several black fish named Panther as a kid.
I am stealthy.

*hides*

Fax Celestis
2007-08-10, 06:59 PM
My totem is the frog, though I have strong inclinations towards tigers and wolves as well.

AslanCross
2007-08-10, 07:05 PM
Never really had a childhood obsession with a particular animal, but nowadays, the lion never fails to catch my eye. I take the black lion to be my personal crest.

FdL
2007-08-10, 07:11 PM
Ow. I always have such a hard time answering these questions about myself :S I just don't know, and if you have to think about it then it's not really there.

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 07:18 PM
* When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today?
The black jaguar!

* Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be?
An octopus...

* When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to?
Zoo?

Bear.

I can't say that's an issue.

I laugh in the face of dangerous poison things.

Umm, cow, but that's because I'm a carnivore, really. I don't actually like them, per se.

Nature?

Again, no nature here.

People spend hours on things other than the interwob?

The dolphin?

So, what combines the deadly grace of the Jaguar, the tentaclyness of the Octopus, the living in water yet breathing air-ness of the Dolphin, and the long hibernation period of the Bear?
That's right! Cthulhu!
I have the coolest totem animal/star god.

Heron
2007-08-10, 07:23 PM
Wolf or Crow.

Lemur
2007-08-10, 07:26 PM
Reptiles. Reptiles and Amphibians. I still have all my toy/model lizards, snakes, frogs, and salamanders. Not to mention all my dinosaurs, which I still collect. The Carnegie Collection is my friend.

You know what they say, lemurs are the lizards of the animal kingdom :smallwink:

Dusk_Rider
2007-08-10, 07:26 PM
Some sort of cat, I'd say. Maybe a lynx.

reorith
2007-08-10, 07:42 PM
my totem animal is a penguin. slide

Raven_Nightwind
2007-08-10, 07:48 PM
Mine's a raven or crow. Whenever I hear or see one, I feel enlightened and my mood improves. Ravens are the gaelic symbol for healing, wisdom, protection, and initiation, and all of those connect to me in some way. A raven always appears in my artwork or my written works, and many of my dreams include a large black bird or the cawing of a raven.

stolenchariot
2007-08-10, 07:48 PM
My totem is definitely Wolf. I have a lot of personal connecions to the creatures, as well as the fact they just look awesome.

zeratul
2007-08-10, 07:54 PM
Either a shark, or a wolf.

Zeful
2007-08-10, 07:56 PM
I don't know, I want to say wolves as it's the first thing I think of with all the qustions you posed. That and for a while I was accepted into a wolf pack (don't ask, I'm not saying anything else).

Orzel
2007-08-10, 07:56 PM
My totem animal can eat your totem animal!

Gygaxphobia
2007-08-10, 07:57 PM
Owls, always owls. So amazing too watch, so alien... Beautifully graceful, deadly, marvellous..

As a totem animal they are supposed to represent wisdom, but as birds go they're pretty stupid really!

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-10, 07:59 PM
Bears.

Polar bears for preference, Panda bears are nice too, as are brown bears.

Big, cuddly and dangerous. :smallbiggrin:

Cyrano
2007-08-10, 08:05 PM
Panda bears aren't bears!

Amotis
2007-08-10, 08:13 PM
House cat! I'm not very wild. *shrug*

Iethloc
2007-08-10, 08:18 PM
The Giant Panda is a bear. The Red Panda is not.

Cats.
House cat. And I already have one, and I love him so!
Cats. Any type!
Any type of cat. I'm not picky.
Humans. I don't normally dream of animals.
Dogs.
Any cat. They're so different from us...they're furry and adorable. And they're very skilled ambush predators. All hail their might.
People go out in nature? Well, when walking in a suburban area, I did have an encounter with a house cat. I befriended the little guy.
In the wilderness? Birds.
I can watch a cat in action for long periods of time...
I like cats.

I have also learned how to meow. Realistically.

Drider
2007-08-10, 08:31 PM
Koalas and monkeys...koalas alot more tho

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-08-10, 08:33 PM
Vampyroteuthis infernalis.

Dragonrider
2007-08-10, 08:34 PM
I would have to say the cat. There's something about them that's just amazing.

Setra
2007-08-10, 08:35 PM
Does a dragon count?

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-10, 08:45 PM
*snip*

1. Monkeys.
2. Monkeys, snakes, cats, iguanas.
3. Monkeys, big cats, reptiles.
4. All of the above! :smallbiggrin:
5. Cats, dinosaurs, monkeys.
6. I don't "fear" animals. Roaches wig me out though.
7. Toss-up between cats and monkeys.
8. What nature? Cats mostly in the neighbourhood, wild macaques maybe.
9. It's dangerous to bump animals.:smalltongue: Mainly cats I guess.
10. Cats. Monkeys don't stay around long enough. :smallannoyed:
11. Monkeys, cats, pretty girls.:smallwink:

Pyro
2007-08-10, 09:05 PM
I have no real attraction to any animals. I used to like wolves when I was younger, but now I think I've grown out of it. The closest I can come to to any sort of "totem animal" is probaly of large cat of some kind.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-08-10, 09:26 PM
For nearly all of those, I answer either spider or snake. But I doubt I have a totem animal, I'm just an evil warlock or something. *wicked cackling goes here*

Hell Puppi
2007-08-10, 11:55 PM
I dunno, I would have said fox, but lately I'm kinda leaning towards mutt dog.
Why fox? It's somewhere between a cat and a dog (I'm not graceful enough to be a cat), and kinda small.
I've leaned more towards road dog because I am rather doggish in personality (i'm not too into appearances...just not very cat-like in general), but kind of the wary, jumpy stray dog that only certain people take the time to get to know and understand.

The Demented One
2007-08-11, 12:10 AM
Velociraptors. No, I'm not kidding.

averagejoe
2007-08-11, 12:21 AM
Based on that? Elephant probably counts for most. Maybe giraffe (plus those are just awsome anyways. Though less tall than when I was young.)

Ego Slayer
2007-08-11, 12:25 AM
The closest I can come to is possibly the whip-poor-will. Never seen one or dreamt of one or anything, but I've always had a thing for birds and I do enjoy going out and listening to them at night. I can also do an imitation well enough to get them to answer me.
Ooh, cool. Whip-poor-wills are nifty. I haven't ever seen or heard one, though. :smallsigh:

Anyway, bird, definitely. Definitely a childhood obsession (still is, I guess). I have a particular love for certain ones, but I can't say I've got an affinity with anything specific.

MisterSaturnine
2007-08-11, 12:35 AM
I've always had a connection to three animals: the snake, the spider, and the wolf.

For one, I have a very strange gait--I lead very much with my head, and my legs simply follow along at an erratic pace making me seem a bit slithery, and I often take on serpentine qualities unconsciously when I feel grandiose. As for the spider, my legs often move in a spidery way when I'm not walking in my normal manner (especially while I'm walking downstairs), and just as spiders often seem to sneak up on you and appear right in front of you or behind you when you turn around, I can walk very quickly without making much sound if I put my mind to it, and so people often comment on my ability to teleport behind them. And I've liked Spider-Man since I was just a wee lad, so...

Now to the wolf. Drumroll. Yay.

I generally have lupine qualities, and we'll go back to my method of locomotion. My friend put it best when she said, "You don't look comfortable walking on two legs." Additionally, I have a generally wolfie look and demeanor--I prefer to be in a group, but can be a little gruff and antisocial, and though I don't prefer to be the Alpha, I have a penchant for being the Beta--and have always felt very connected to them. Plus, I growl at people. Without realizing I'd growled until after the fact, which is often preceded by a "Did you just?..."

So I guess I'm some horrific spider-snake-wolf freak of nature.

Logic
2007-08-11, 12:38 AM
The wolf, and birds of prey occupy all of the above categories.

Extra_Crispy
2007-08-11, 02:33 AM
For me I would have to say Wolf. It is part of my last name, and I have loved wolfs since I can remember. My father was part of the millitary and thus was called by his last name, or more frequently just Wolf. So I got to be known as Wolf Jr. The funny thing is my fathers initials with wolf come out to be M.R. Wolf or Mr Wolf. mine are S.R. Wolf or Sr Wolf.

For fantastic creatures I would say the phoenix. It is the symbol of rebirth, being reborn through fire, that I hold very dear kinda fits me (if you know my history you will understand)

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-11, 02:37 AM
Chipmunk!
I just love chipmunks.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-11, 02:44 AM
A raptor, hunting cat, of lupine of some kind.

Dragor
2007-08-11, 02:47 AM
The horse.

I've always been fascinated by their grace, speed and companionship. That's a very 'un-manly' thing for me to say, but I've always been attached to horses.

onasuma
2007-08-11, 03:54 AM
Spinach. (Long story. Basically, when i was in a drama group i got given the same monolog 3 times to do, in 3 seperate performances, so i quit. Said monolog was about spinach being my totem animal)

Jibar
2007-08-11, 04:03 AM
I've always been rather fond of cats and koalas.
Cats, because generally cats are one of the few animals who like me. All others will bark or roar or do whatever, while cats will come over and say hello politely.
Koalas I see as something to aspire to. They live the ultimate lifestyle. They eat, sleep or mate. And they do all this while high on eucalyptus. They have no cares, other than where they can sleep next, where they can find more eucalyptus, or who they will mate with next. It's the best way to live.

If I had to pick a Totem Animal though... it would have to be a Cat-Muffin. :smalltongue:

Swedish chef
2007-08-11, 04:31 AM
Dogs, but that changed over the years. Now i just like them.

Tiger, or badger

Tigers and wolverines

Tiger or badger

None really

Bugs and insects, even harmless ones

Tigers and badgers

Deer. I have run into deers several times. And rabbits

See above

Regular domesticated cat going crazy with its toys.

Oh yes. Tigers are cool and nice

I guess my totem animal is either Tiger or Badger. Tiger is a little bit more aggressive so I will have to go with Badger. They just hang around minding their own bussiness and look really really cool, until you start dissing their turf that is. Then you have a ferocious creature against you and when it gets hold, it does'nt let go. Sounds a little like me actually :D

Castaras
2007-08-11, 05:47 AM
* When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today? Spiders, Cats, Dragons

* Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be? Spider, Cat or Dragon. They're all awesome.

* When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to? Wolves and any of the Felines.

* If you could be any animal what animal would it be? Dragon

* What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood? Spiders and Snakes

* What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it? Snakes

* Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to? Cats and Spiders

* When you are out in nature, do you often seem to run into the same animal? Spiders

* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life? Cats and Spiders

* What animal have you watched for hours? Cats and Spiders

* Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you? Spiders and Snakes

Hmm, seems that my "totem animal" is a spider then.

bosssmiley
2007-08-11, 07:23 AM
Well, I've noticed a number of folks on these forums mentioning their 'totem animal', some creature that for some reason they feel a spiritual attachment to or some such.

Not quite sure what they mean by that, but hey, lets have some fun. Researched a bit and found this on numerous sites on how to help determine your 'totem animal'.

This thread is one of the many reasons that VT walks with the gods (also, his touch cures sickness).

Golden Eagles. Big, bad-@ss things that look stern and kewl standing on crags in the Highlands. :smallcool:
(I was such a fanboi)

A capuchin monkey; pet and confessor in one handy fruit-fueled, fun-filled bundle.

Monkeys! They're just like us, only with tails...and no mortgage worries...and they fling their poop at those who anger them. Monkeys rock!

Either a squid ("Thrust vectoring owns the seas!") or a sloth ("For great torpor!"). More probably a sloth though.

*shrug* I don't have animals in my dreams.

Dunno. Not afraid on any animal without being able to explain why.

Woah hoss! Let's clarify our terms here. Could you contextualise 'attracted' a little maybe.. I mean horses and dogs look nice, and rodents are cute, but not in that way. I like horses and cats (all) for their grace, sloths and monkeys for their tree-hanging cool, rodents for their adaptability and twitchy noses.

Mate, I live in a city. We have pigeons, the occasional dog... oh! and hedgehogs lurking under every other shrub. Hedgehog then.

See above (hedgehog). They just seem to follow me around or something.

Otters and terrapins. I love those amphibious little devils. Also terrapins remind me of Winston Churchill (they even share his taste for pin-stripe).
Also dormice (they remind me of my gf).

Errrrrr, nope. Sorry, I like my jewelry abstract and my art representational (apart from Durer, Stubbs, Landseer and Ursulav, most artists suck at animals).

Hmmmm, it seems eggy's totem animal is some kind of horrid chimeral monstrosity that even a member of the Mad Wizards Who Did It guild would disown. Oh well... :smallredface:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-08-11, 07:46 AM
This thread is one of the many reasons that VT walks with the gods (also, his touch cures sickness).
You got that right. I don't even poop. I'll just explode when I'm 60 in a shower of glory.

Timberwolf
2007-08-11, 08:01 AM

Panda

German shepard dog / goldfish.

panda

Panda, eat, sleep and read poorly punctuated nature books

My dreams are usually me doing something

None. I know damn well why I'm afraid of them

Yes, clarification of point needed. I'm not attracted to any animals, I avoid them all equally

Yes, it tips it's hat and wishes me good day whenever our paths cross. Actually, no, not really. One pigeon looks much like another

That wretched Collie over the road

Goldfish, hamsters.

No, but I always like a picture of a Panda.

I'm getting the idea that pandas may be my totem creature.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-11, 08:58 AM
I love the wild horse. It's a proud, noble animal.
An image I think of when I want to relax is horses running free. They are so strong and intelligent beings..

Serpentine
2007-08-11, 09:11 AM
My friends and I did a thing (as I'm sure most people have) where we decided what sort of animal we were most like. I got sloth. So... lazy. That works alright, though I think python'd do just as well. (for the record, my friend Cat got meerkat. She really was like them...)

When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today?
Dragons and unicorns. Alright, snakes.

A dragon, or possibly a unicorn, but a dragon would be better. A snake would be cool, too, but I'd really like a crow. So intelligent, so beautiful and glossy black, such an awesome voice...

I hang around just about everywhere pretty consistently... Possibly snakes, cuz they're beautiful, meerkats cuz they're fun, and various monkeys cuz they actually do stuff.

Dragon. Otherwise... possibly crow.

I've dreamt about being a dragon before. I think that's a pretty good sign (lots of fun, too).

Earwigs and ticks :smallyuk:

Dragons. Also snakes and crows.

I've only seen a snake in the wild once, in a country that's supposed to be overrun by them. Does that count?

*see above*

I'm trying to think back to when I've been to zoos, where I've always wanted to stay for ages... I think an Eastern Spinebill I could, just cuz they're so pretty. A cat being mental, probably. Oh, dolphins and whales. Lovely...

>checks jewelry box< Lesee... dolphin, dragonfly, dragon, snake, unicorn, pegasus, snake, dragon, leopard... Hard to find anything dragonny with decent wingspans, though.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-11, 10:14 AM
Wolves, Raccoons

A wolf

Bears

Wolf

I usually don't see any animals in my dreams

Spiders

* Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to?Dogs, even though most dogs don't like me

Deer, much more often than I'd expect

* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life? Dogs

Fish

* Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you? Fish, ravens, raccoons

So, I guess overall it works out to a wolf or possibly a raccoon. Probably a wolf.

sktarq
2007-08-11, 11:10 AM
* When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today? Elephants, Leopards
* Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be? Raven, Owl, Margay (a type of tree dweling ocelot)
* When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to? Leopards, Ocelot Family, Rays, and Owls
* If you could be any animal what animal would it be? Raven
* What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood? Wolves, Tigers, Owls, Wolverines, Toucans, and Umbrella birds
* What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it? None-I've never been afraid of any animal
* Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to? Sorry don't swing that way
* When you are out in nature, do you often seem to run into the same animal? Falcons...in the City a disproposionate number of ravens and in the suburbs its owls...Yes I keep track
* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life? Coyotes they are epidemic here
* What animal have you watched for hours? Foxes, Leopards, Ravens, Owls, Parrots, Fish of many various and sundry types, and swallows (the last facinate me totally in low level hunting)
* Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you? Ravens, Owls, Cats of the Ocelot family, Leopards, Manta Rays, and wolves.

Notice a few patterns? I think I have a handful of these things.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-11, 11:50 AM
dragons

a dragon, or cats

lions

a dragon

dragons, cats

Spiders

dragons, cats

bunnies

* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life? cats, dogs

in movies, books- dragons; RL- cats

dragons, still have quite a collection :smallbiggrin:

Sisqui
2007-08-11, 11:56 AM
I'd have to say red eyed tree frogs. I've just always loved to look at them. They send me to my happy place. :smallsmile: And they appeal to my quirky side :smallbiggrin:

averagejoe
2007-08-11, 12:02 PM
You got that right. I don't even poop. I'll just explode when I'm 60 in a shower of glory.

Haha, gross.

Serpentine
2007-08-11, 12:07 PM
That's our VT.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-11, 01:10 PM
apparently, a bit of tiger, wolf, and whale. those were all equal.

Drascin
2007-08-11, 03:13 PM
Velociraptors. No, I'm not kidding.

Aw, thank gods. I was starting to feel like I was demented to be obsessed with an extinct animal.

Really, I don't think I could have a raptor as a Totem, because, while I respect and admire the sheer lethality of the design (see, that's a well-done bipedal, and not those sucky monkeys who call themselves "humans" :smallwink:) and consider them rather captivating, I also find them ****ing terrifying :smallsigh:. Call it survival instinct, mammal instinctual hatred of reptilian predators, or whatever, but those things are scary with a capital S.

As to an actual totem... an animal I have always liked, respected, and would love to be able to see more often is the falcon. I have certainly fantasized with having one as a pet/companion, etc. So it would seem like I'm a Falcon-tribe barbarian. But let's try VT's test, just to be sure.

Dinosaurs of all description. I had a special fondness for the skinny, intelligent ones -Velociraptor, Deinonychus, Troodon, Saurornithoides...)

A peregrine falcon.

The birds and big cats in general.

Deinonychus, no question. It might be a little less scary when you're one of them :smallwink:

Again, the falcon, sometimes alternating with an eagle. I find birds of prey rather beautiful.

Dogs. Come on, laugh at me. But I can't really get near dogs without both of us getting extremely nervous.

Any shape of bird of prey, with special distinction, again, to the falcons

Na-tu-re? :smallconfused:

Dogs. They hate me, too.

I can watch a doccummental on whales for hours and not get bored.

Pretty much anything depicting birds in a huge, free sky is going to call my interest.

So... yeah, Falcon Tribe, here I come. For having this totem, I wonder, do I get Falcon Punch while raging?

*goes to try Falcon-Punching people*

sktarq
2007-08-11, 03:36 PM
Aw, thank gods. I was starting to feel like I was demented to be obsessed with an extinct animal.

I wouldn't worry I was so into paleontology I chose my Highschool based on the fact it had such a museum on campus run by the students. Helped get the thing accredited and spent my summers in Montana (and the rest of the western US) digging up bones. By the time I left I was reading the same journals as the researchers on site...realised it will always be a hobby but not a career. I just think about them differently now I couldn't use them here.

@V actaully changing the channel wouldn't be too hard for them....The way their hand flex they have TWO semi-opposable thumbs...out of three digits....Halo might be too hard (please they don't have enough fingers) but a troodon with a NES would probably be doable.

averagejoe
2007-08-11, 03:41 PM
not those sucky monkeys who call themselves "humans"

Hey, hey, hey. Opposable thumbs? I'd like to see a raptor play Halo or change channels with the remote. :smalltongue:

Draken
2007-08-11, 03:55 PM
Scorpions, snakes, squids and komodo dragons (big lizards).

A Snake, squid or iguana.

Mostly arround invertebrates and reptiles.

I would be a giant squid.

... Let me see... Dinosaurs and large invertebrates, mostly.

Dogs, I have a bad case of cinophobia.

Squids.

Not a very natural guy, but I have found many spiders, snakes, lizards, etc.

Umm... hard to say.

Scorpions

Not really.
--------------------------

Umm... I Think I am stuck with two groups, invertebrates (mostly arachnids and molusks) and reptiles.

MountainKing
2007-08-11, 04:20 PM
Mine's the penguin, in part I feel because of Tim Burton's depiction of The Penguin in Batman. Otherwise, I don't know... I've always had an affinity for penguins, and if I wasn't a Windows user I'd use Linux simply because a penguin is so much cooler than an apple.

Lykan
2007-08-11, 04:28 PM
Uh... This is a toughie. The obvious answer would be wolf, but that doesn't really fit. I have no idea, to be honest.

Can I make up some conglomarate animal and say it was orriginally a fish that grew up by a nuclear power plant? :P

Malic
2007-08-11, 04:32 PM
A fox. I don't know why. It's more the mental state. Sly and cunning. Pretty much a match for me.

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-11, 05:18 PM
When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today?
Umm... dragon, maybe?
Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be?
I have no idea.
When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to?
I was so short, I could only see the giraffes and the fish. And the other kids.
If you could be any animal what animal would it be?
Real animal? Eagle or raven. Otherwise, dragon or angel.
What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood?
My whats?
What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it?
I is not afraid! Only cautious, and with good reason, too!
Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to?
Cats are atracted to me...
When you are out in nature, do you often seem to run into the same animal?
Cats, they thinks I'll feed them.
What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life?
Well, I bumped into a donkey once, but...
What animal have you watched for hours?
Any bird will do.
Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you?
Fishes or birdies.

In conclusion, the one who calls himself 'Aramil Liadon' has no definate totem animal, but it seems likely that if he had one, it would be able to fly.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-12, 02:06 PM
A weasel. Or a fox. Explanation available on request.

blackfox
2007-08-12, 03:03 PM
Foxes, obviously, look at the screenname... also cats, liked 'em since I was a kid.

See above
See above
I liked the tigers at first, but then I wanted to see the caracals, ever since I heard they could jump like 8 feet in the air to catch passing birds.
I would either want to be a horse (I often dream of running like a horse), a falcon (because I get to fly) or a cat (because I like cats.)
Horses, cats
None, really... I used to be afraid of dogs but I got over it when I got to be bigger than most dogs.
See above
Squirrels?
See above. Because tons of people have them in our neighborhood and because there's a fox den by the stream by my house.
I can watch cats forever. They're hilarious.
See above, plus horses

nerulean
2007-08-12, 03:32 PM
Having read through those questions, all the ones about dreams, imagination and personal choice come out with 'dragon' as the answer. All the ones to do with real animals tend towards the apes, possibly a gorilla or an orang-utan.

Reinboom
2007-08-12, 05:17 PM
Quite interestingly, almost all of the above questions can be answered with : Cat.
Whether it be a ragdoll, snowshoe, snow leopard, siberian tiger, siamese, almost anything but flat-faced cats (persians) or bald cats (sphynxs). I love almost them all!
(almost because theres a couple breeds I can't remember the name of that I still don't like)

Another note on the subject though:

The dreams one is shared. I tend to have both wolves and cats in my dreams.
The afraid of part? Ever since I was little, I would imagine wolves in the house when it was dark - and believe they where real. Everytime I would see them, I would quickly run to my bed and clamber on top of it as fast as possible. They never seamed to be able to get on to the bed.
This is a fear I no longer haves, and wolves are one of the few canines that I adore now.

I tend to notice a lot cats when I am walking through urban areas, whether they are on a window ledge, even many stories up, or hiding somewhere for shade, I just see them.
In nature, I tend to run into beetles. They annoy me.

ForzaFiori
2007-08-12, 06:49 PM
It's either the cougar (mountain lion to those that don't live near the Appalachians), or a snake.

Krystal_Tiger
2007-08-12, 09:29 PM
* When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today?*
Hawks, Tigers, Wolfs and Crocodiles

* Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be?* Tiger or crocodile.

* When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to?*Hawks, manta rays.

* If you could be any animal what animal would it be?*White Tiger or crocodile.

* What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood?*Hawk, tiger.

* What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it?*Hawk.

* Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to?*
Tiger, Crocodile

* When you are out in nature, do you often seem to run into the same animal?*seagulls.

* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life?*seagulls.

* What animal have you watched for hours?*Tiger, even more when hunting.

* Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you?*
Tiger.

First:A Tiger
Second:Crocodile
Third:Hawk

A Griffon with really big teeth!:smallconfused:

And yeah Krystal Tiger, First place is Tiger, hahaha.

0wca
2007-08-13, 06:06 PM

-=-=-=-=-=-

1. Gorillas and monkeys have allways fascinated me.
2. A Saint Bernard dog.
3. Bulls, monkeys and HAWKS!!
4. A raven or an owl.
5. Don't really know because I forget my dreams 15min after I wake up..
6. Spiders - they creep me out totaly. Dunno why..
7. Same as no. 3.
8. Nope.
9. Dogs. Definately dogs.
10. Ants or some simmillar insects.
11. Not really, except a Dragon tatoo maybe (yeah it's a myth animal I know :smallsmile: )

PhallicWarrior
2007-08-13, 08:48 PM
The answer to almost all of the OP's Q's is snake. (Now if I could just find a silver ring shaped like a snake. If I ever meet a girl wearing a ring like that, I'll ask her out on the spot.) I think I'll make a good Slytherin.

Hannes
2007-08-13, 10:02 PM
Wolf, raven or dragon ^^;;

Indon
2007-08-13, 10:05 PM
Ibis.

No, not because of any of the questions on the first post.

Destro_Yersul
2007-08-14, 02:13 AM
Dunno. I really like Dolphins though. Dolphins are awesome.

Warshrike
2007-08-14, 03:57 AM
Dragons?? Err... Birds of Prey and Cold Bloods.
Bird of prey or Cold blood.
Birds of Prey and Cold Bloods... And Sloths. I mean, come on!!
Bird of Prey.
Bird of Prey
Cold Bloods
Felines
Emperor Butterflies?!?! And Australian Ravens.
Emperor Butterflies?!?! And Australian Ravens.
Pigeons. And Skinks.
Cold Bloods.

So what, I'm a pterodactyl??

Leliel
2007-08-14, 08:21 AM
Either a wolf or a raven. That's all I'm saying based on your criteria.

Though I should note that I have never been afraid of any animal, and in fact
I seem to calm them down.

OverdrivePrime
2007-08-14, 08:58 AM
None really. When I was a little boy, I liked piglets and mice and anything cute and funny. While I appreciate those qualities today, I don't at all associate myself with prey.
Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be?
Like a battle rhino to ride into town? While awesome, that'd be mighty inconvenient to feed. I'll stick with a wolf. Or perhaps a phoenix if I could figure out what to feed them.
When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to?
Wolves, absolutely.
If you could be any animal what animal would it be?
I'm gonna go with a more evolved human.
What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood?
Very few that I remember. Back when I was 11, I had a dream about trying to drive off an alligator by repeatedly smashing it over the head with a shovel because it wanted to eat my sister. On occasion I dream of running through a forest with other wolves around me, but that's rare and remembered only spottily.
What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it?
None really. I'm cautious of a few dangerous animals for very good reasons. I have an irrational disgust of centipedes and silverfish and take grim pleasure in squashing them, but other than that, I'm very much at peace with the animal kingdom.
Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to?
Humans. The females of the species can be pretty dang sexy. Now then, for just pure amazement and fascination, I look to wolves, particularly timber wolves. There's a lot to admire about them. Power, grace, teamwork, wickedawesomeness...
I come across all kinds of creatures, but the most remarkable ones that I consistently observe are eagles, deer and wolves.
What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life?
Dogs. Because my dog bumps into me all the time - she's a klutz.
What animal have you watched for hours?
Wolves. I used to just sit by the wolf enclosure at the zoo for hours while Mom took my sister to the smelly places like the bird enclosure and the monkey house.
Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you?
Wolf-themed art always draws my eye. Swords with wolf imagery are a particularly fascination.

I feel sort of generic -since puberty I've felt such a strong connection to wolves and they're a popular totem animal. However, it makes sense that a wolf needs a pack to run with. Lone wolves get unhinged and miserable and I'm much the same.

Alone, I'm strong and can function well... for a time. Left for too long on my own though and I start to get a bit unhealthy. The light leaves my eyes and I become lethargic and unmotivated. With my human pack, I function at the peak of my game, pushed ever to greater abilities and personal discoveries.

Along with wolves, I've felt just as great a connection to the mythical phoenix. (Different from the real Phoenix, which is dry and unsavory in my experience. :smalltongue: ) The idea of rebirth and renewal is strongly attached to my psyche. All of the barbarians I've played are members of the Phoenix clan, or have phoenix totems when appropriate.

So, I guess my totem is a sort of fire-infused timber wolf. Or perhaps a hybrid like my hero, Silverbolt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverbolt#Beast_Wars_.281998.29), but more phoenixy and less eaglish.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-08-14, 09:04 AM
For me, the fox. A mental match, and I really like them (and I mean REALLY).

Yeah, fox answers most of the questions as well.

potatocubed
2007-08-14, 12:54 PM

Pigs!

Cats!

Squid! And other sealife. Also, reptiles. And insects.

Human being!

...what?

Dragons, snakes, fantastical reptiles.

Um... pass.

Cats!

Out? That's the bright place with no internet, right?

Yeast.

Does the cat count if she's snoozing on top of the TV?

Dragonflies.

I'd say the results are... inconclusive. :smalltongue:

Stijl
2007-08-14, 01:48 PM
Depending upon how serious I want to take this... I was looking for what each animal spirit was said to mean, and wound up reading a fair bit about it. Your totem animal does not necessarily have to be fixed. Each animal spirit has an event, occurance, or mood associated with it, so a major shift in your life can wind up shifting your totem animal.

I believe my totem animal has resumed being the Coyote for the time being. Then again, I'll usually say any animal that I encounter and expresses an interest in me as being a potential totem animal. The fact I live in the middle of a large city, and have seen a coyote three times in a week tends to color my perception. The first time I saw him, I was probably 10' away or so.

Stretching out the fun, Coyote traditionally signifies change. The last time I noticed numerous Coyotes around me, was after I graduated and was in between moves. It seemed fitting then. The fact I'm job searching now and seeing Coyotes again, some part of me wants to hope it does truly signify something.

Other totem animals I'd claim in the past few years... Owl, Hawk, Gecko, and Quail.

AnaMarie
2007-08-14, 04:22 PM
Well, my friends have given me the turtle as totem animal, and I'd have to say it fits pretty well. However, we did find a cool link I'd like to share: http://www.animalinyou.com/

That site, however, says I'm a penguin. To echo a previous poster:

*slide*

Argent
2007-08-15, 09:30 AM
These kinds of threads are always fun.

If I had to pick one, I'd probably say a dog -- a large one like a German shepherd or St. Bernard. I'm very protective of home and family, tend to be lazy and sleepy when I can get away with it, I'm big and fairly strong, and enjoy being helpful.

Trog
2007-08-15, 01:27 PM
Cat I guess since it is the answer to the majority of the questions in the OP.

*carves totem pole scratching post*

Castaras
2007-08-15, 01:34 PM
According to AnaMarie's test, I'm a snake.

And woo, that was what a few of my answers to the opening post was. So maybe I'm a spider/snake. Would make sense...

Vaynor
2007-08-15, 10:26 PM
Ooh this gives me a good idea for a base class, maybe a prestige...

But more on topic I don't know what I would choose, maybe an owl of some sort, or a jaguar.

BanjoTheClown
2007-08-15, 10:34 PM
Well they werent real animals but Pokemon?
A Furret or a Monkey.
Monkeys and Lions.
Monkey.
Monkey.
Im not afraid of Animals.
Uh.. I Dont know..
Yeah Cats and Dogs.
Cats and Freakin Dogs!!
Chinese Fighting Fish fight to the Death. Actully it was 20 Minutes.
Yeah....No.

Vhaidara
2007-08-15, 10:38 PM
Black panther, no doubt. "Begeria", which is a beanie baby panther I got when I was 2, started my stuffed animal craze. I have him to this day, and find that, when I hold him close, I can remember my sisters old gym teacher, the person that gave it to me, and slip back into the past, even though it was 11 years ago.

Vaynor
2007-08-15, 10:44 PM
Just googled a bit and found this quiz, dunno if it works well, looked pretty cool.

I got: You are...A WOLF! Your utmost priority is leadership and kindness. You make friends easily and steadily, learn quickly, and care about others, hurting as much as they do when they're having a hard time.

Apparently I also scored high on Eagle, Deer, and Bear. Hmm.

Koreku
2007-08-16, 09:54 PM
I have to say Wolf. I've just always recognized them as me, and I know me and wolves have a lot in common. If I think about it, I'm really more attracted to different aspects of other animals, but I just can't shake the feeling that it HAS to be wolf for me. So it is.

Renloth
2007-08-16, 11:15 PM
Fox, no doubt about it, though I would hesitate to use "Totem Animal"... I just really like Foxes for some reason. I prefer the stories that painted the fox as a benevolent trickster, rather than the evil and sly sort.

Small, smart, careful, and a little bit alone, quite like me.

Da Beast
2007-08-17, 02:50 AM
I'd have to say wolf. Ever since i was little I've had great admiration for it and now when I think of an animal I feel connected to the wolf just fits.

Noc Sha'ul
2007-08-17, 06:54 AM
I want to say Wolves. I have always been drawn to their beauty.

Funny story: My Aunts first husband, Mike, had worked the Alaskan pipeline and came home with what he thought was a Husky puppy. His vet at the University told he had brought home an animal mostly, if not full, wolf. The dog/wolf, name Timber (naturally) was a great pet. I loved to visit them as a kid. Timber did like to knock us kids over and sit on us though...

My wife thinks I'm a cat however. Cats naturally take to me, even cats normally discribed as hostile and mean. They just come over and start kneading and purring. I got to pet a Siberian Tiger at the local Renfest a few years ago. The "Kitty" ,as they called her, licked me then pulled my right hand into her mouth and held it there. The handler just swatted the cat and she let go. I was told this meant she liked me.

Yeah...I think she was tasting me, personally. I believe I would have tasted like fear and adrenalin.

V Junior
2007-08-17, 08:08 AM
A while ago, I had a cat named Kara. She was a tortoiseshell, and she lived to the age of 19. But then...

...she died. I couldn't have my cousin round that night because of that. I was told by my father. She had died of natural causes while I was at school. She's buried in my garden.

Ever since then, I've felt that something was missing in my life. I used to wake up and see her at my bedroom door. I fed her meals and looked after her... and now she's gone.

That's why I think my totem animal is a cat. A tortoiseshell, female, 19 y.o. cat.

Also I have a fear of dogs.

Castaras
2007-08-17, 08:11 AM
Just googled a bit and found this quiz, dunno if it works well, looked pretty cool.

I got: You are...A WOLF! Your utmost priority is leadership and kindness. You make friends easily and steadily, learn quickly, and care about others, hurting as much as they do when they're having a hard time.

Apparently I also scored high on Eagle, Deer, and Bear. Hmm.

linkz pl0x kthxbai.

Scatman
2007-08-17, 09:32 AM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/80/orlyhc9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The O RLY owl.

Fox.Cunning, sly, dexterous..

Are all the attributes that ARENT me.Ehm.Probally cat.Theyre DAYUM funny when they want to be.

Ashtar
2007-08-17, 09:58 AM
My totem animal is most probably the famed :

"Sea cucumber"

Now you know...........

/Hide in shadows

Cruxador
2007-08-17, 10:29 AM

just about all animals
Monkey!
monkeys or baboons
tiger
my dreams are mostly about people, or weird things that don't exist anywhere else
Small mammals esp. rodents
Umm... People? is this a board appropriate question?
Lizards
well, dogs and cats, but most people do.
I don't do anything for hours
I wear no jewelry and have no artwork, though I like the idea at least of artwork or jewelry with me on it.

-=-=-=-=-=-

So yeah. the only thing that came up more than once is monkey, and I don't really think that fits me.

Also, Vaynor, I too would like to see a link. (If you don't understand 1337, that's what Castaras said)

black wagner
2007-09-15, 11:26 AM
Although it is not an animal, ive lways been drawn towards dragons. I have little dragon things everywhere.
Tonight, i go to see dragon wars.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-15, 11:31 AM
OOH! OOH! PICK ME!

Guinea pigs are the culmination of life on earth. Dire Guinea pigs if on greyhawk.

Ceska
2007-09-15, 12:45 PM
The panther aka black leopard.
Same. At least for my youth. I prefer lynx now, as you can see.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-18, 11:04 PM

Well, I collected a lot of cat stuff when I was younger.

Either a dolphin or a tiger.

At regular zoos, tigers. At aquariums, dolphins.

I would be a dolphin. I'd also like to be a tiger.

Dolphin.

Spiders.

Dolphins.

Well, the only time I'm out in "nature", is in my backyard. And I run into rabbits an awful lot. So I guess that would be yes.

* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life?Well, I've had cats all my life.

* What animal have you watched for hours?Well, I've watched cats, tigers, and dolphins for hours.

Yes, I have a lot of dolphin jewelry and artwork.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Well, I do love tigers, I've seen Siegfried and Roy once, I've seen tiger specials on television, and I have some tiger artwork in my home.

I also love dolphins, too. I've been to Sea World many times, and I have even gotten to pet and feed them. I guess I would have to say the dolphin is my totem animal, with the tiger as a close second.

Vella_Malachite
2007-09-19, 02:04 AM
Definitely either tiger or wolf.

Tiger:
I like to think I'm graceful, I'm not very vicious, but if provoked, I can scare my friends witless. I've always had cat characteristics; I long since perfected my purr, hiss and meow.

Wolf:
I am very silent and watchful. I like to think that if I am in the right mood, I can look majestic and somehow detached. Grace comes in here, too. I work best alone, though, so probably Tiger for that one.

Also, for some reason, animals like me. I don't know what it is. But I will never go closer than five paces to a spider. Ever, ever, ever.

And what the heck is with the phrase "lone wolf"? Wolves are pack animals!!:smallconfused:

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-19, 08:55 AM
Hmmm, I never really thought about it before. I think I'd have to go with either a large cat of some kind or a raptor. I've always been intrigued by predators in general but those two types in particular, though I couldn't narrow it down any further than that. I have a panther and an eagle tattooed on me, though neither is because "they look cool". They're both symbolic to me in other ways.

*shrug*

Telonius
2007-09-19, 11:20 AM
- Cats, Black labrador retrievers

- Cat

- Otters!

- Dolphins. Like people, only they play in the water all day.

... Huh. You know, I don't often dream of animals at all. The only one I can remember is a crocodile.

- The animals I'm afraid of, I'm afraid for good reason (they can injure/eat me).

- Cats

- Just "outside?" Squirrels. The darn things are everywhere in the neighborhoods. Other than that, foxes when I'm out in the woods.

- Dogs, cats.

- Dogs, cats

- Dragons, if that counts as an animal.

Given all of that ... probably some weird kind of water-loving cat.

GimliFett
2007-09-19, 11:38 AM
* When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today? Mongoose

* Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be? Mongoose

* When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to? Great Cats

* If you could be any animal what animal would it be? Panther

* What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood? Wolves

* What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it? Snakes

* Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to? Cats

* When you are out in nature, do you often seem to run into the same animal? Yeah, cats.

* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life? Um, cats?

* What animal have you watched for hours? Cats.

* Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you? Cats, mostly great cats, and wolves.
So what's that mean? I like great cat-wolves? And mongooses...er -geeses? :smallbiggrin:

eidreff
2007-09-20, 03:28 PM
The Weasel

To quote Scott Adams

Eagles may fly high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Jari Kafghan
2007-09-20, 04:12 PM
Bear. Used to think it was wolf, but anyone that knows me says bear would have to be it. Grizzly to be specific. Big, fairly gentle, eating machines, that when you put one of their loved ones in danger there is hell to pay. I don't know what the totemic meaning of a bear is but that's fine. I like it just like that.

Grrth
2007-09-20, 05:19 PM

horses - my little ponies were just the right size for my gi joes

fire-lizard

penguins

polar bear, no natural predators!

I had a dream once where I was being chased by a tank, does that count?

parrots. weird, eh? I figured this out when I went to a friend's house who had one loose. Thought I was going to have a heart attack when it swooped at me

* Of all animals, what animals are you most attracted to?

dragons!

moose

rats and mice

prairie dogs

at times either wolves or dragons

... dude, what does this say about me?? :smalleek:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-09-20, 08:15 PM
* When you were a child, what animal did you collect or obsess over that you are still attracted to today? Snake, or Raptors, or Wolf

* Of all animals if you could have any animal as a pet or companion what would it be? Raptors

* When going to the zoo, which animal do you spend the most time with or are drawn to? Raptors

* If you could be any animal what animal would it be? Raptors

* What animal is in your dreams that you have had since childhood? N/A

* What animal are you afraid of that you have no idea why you are afraid of it? Jellyfish...

What?

* Of all animals what animals are you most attracted to? Wolf

* When you are out in nature, do you often seem to run into the same animal? What is this nature of which you speak. Actually, ive run into 2 peregrines in the city. While feeding. I am soooo lucky.

* What animal have you bumped into over and over throughout your life? see above.

* What animal have you watched for hours? Any interesting shaped or moving animal.

* Does art work or jewelry with a certain animal always attract you? Snakes.

Awesome. Raptors all the way, Bird of Prey, something else that rhymes with ey.

Edea
2007-09-20, 10:16 PM
My animal totem is an orca. Huh.

Frosty Flake
2007-09-20, 11:16 PM
The Great Blue Heron has always fascinated me, since camping and seeing one as a little kid. At first I just saw one from across a lake, then in books, then stuffed... and not too long ago a live one only a (skinny nerd's) stone throw away. I dunno what it is about the demeanor that's just... *insert word here*

Other animals I like are the ibex, arctic fox and squirrels

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention my morbid fear of giraffs. Seriously. They scare the daylights out of me! Look at those legs! They could run you down and break you like a knock-off china doll at a boot party!

Capt'n Ironbrow
2007-09-21, 08:32 AM

Monkeys/apes (chimps especially)

a cat or crow

Monkeys/apes

a domestic cat owned by someone of my mothers family (so I'd have the life of a king!)

Felines, Corvidae and primates do occassionaly turn up

Bigass moths (those really fat ones, they creep me out with their low buzzing)

Nowadays it's cats

hm... I don't know, there seems to be an abundance of bunnies and cats on my way though the occassional deer reared it's head on my bike-trips to school in my parents town (there's a big park between the part of town where I used to live and my High School was)

cats and dogs (we Dutch are real pet-persons)

monkeys/apes and ants

Not really. I think...

So, due to the frequent mention of cats and apes, my totem animal is probably something in-between, like a Couscous or some Madagaskar animal like a Maki.