PDA

View Full Version : Can you build me a......

Druid_lord
2007-08-10, 07:31 PM
Hunter?
I was wondering if some of you could stat out the hunters frmo "halo" as a D&D race?

Thistle
2007-08-11, 06:38 PM
My idea for hunters.

Hunter

Large Magical beast
Hit Dice: 12d10+60 (126)
Initiative: 2
Speed: 40 (8 squares)
Armor Class: 27 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +4 tower shield, +12 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 25
Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+25
Attack: slam +21 melee (1d8+13)
Full Attack: slam +21 (1d8+13)
Space/Reach: 10/10
Special Attacks: Demolition charge, Force Ray
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60, Low-light vision, Organic Shock Armor, Armor chinks
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +4
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 15, Con 20, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 9
Skills: Jump +17, Listen +7, Spot +8
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Spring attack, Power attack, Cleave
Environment: Any
Organization: Pair
Challenge Rating: 14
Treasure:
Alignment: True Neutral
Advancement:
Level Adjustment:

Hunters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_(Halo)#Hunters), called Lekgolo in the Covenant language, are incredibly dangerous foes, deployed more like equipment than soldiers. They stand 12' tall or 8' while contracted. They are brought in for demolition or heavy defense, and always work in pairs, calling each other "bond brothers." Unlike the other Covenant species, which have endoskeletons and central nervous systems, Hunters are actually made up of a conglomerate colony of sentient orange symbiotic eels, held together by their armor. Hunters usually show nothing but opprobrium towards the lesser Covenant races (even purposefully killing them if they become an obstruction during battles) and rarely communicate with any other race (including the Prophets) apart from the Elites. They are believed to have their own religion; it has also been noted that some Hunters even recite poetry and meditate in their spare time. Their massive size, near-impenetrable armor, large shields, and arm-mounted fuel-rod cannons make them essentially walking tanks in combat. The best way to defeat a Hunter is by shooting its orange weak point in its lower back, though explosives and vehicles can also be effective.

Combat

Hunters normally use their rays on opponents until they get within 20 feet and then start charging and using spring attack along with power attack. Should characters try to go for cover the Hunters will try to destroy it to flush them out. Hunters will work together to make sure characters are in a clear straight line for at least one of them for either charging or force rays.

Demolition charge – When charging, a hunter deals double damage with its slam attack, ignores 10 points of damage reduction, and ignores any hardness.

Force Ray – A hunter may fire a line of force 100 long every 1d4 rounds as a standard action. The line does 8d6 force damage (Reflex DC 18 negates, Dex based). The damage ignores hardness.

Organic Shock Armor – Hunters are very, very hard to hurt. Any damage that is not from a critical hit is reduced as if the hunter had DR 20/- and resistance 20 for all energy types (touch attacks are not exempt). Sneak attacks, death attacks, area of effects, and falling damage are not subject to this.

Armor chinks – The parts of a hunter that are exposed are very vunerable. Increase the multiplier of a critical hit by one step.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-11, 07:16 PM
is this a "can you build me something?" request thread?

if so i would like a goliath paragon. For info on paragons see unearthed arcana.

Xefas
2007-08-11, 08:19 PM
is this a "can you build me something?" request thread?

if so i would like a goliath paragon. For info on paragons see unearthed arcana.

You mean a racial paragon class? I think I can do that one.

Goliath Paragon
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Intuitive

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Tribal Tattoo

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|+2 Strength[/table]
d10 hit dice
2 + intelligence modifier skill points
Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Craft, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Use Rope

Intuitive (Ex): At 1st level, a Goliath paragon improves upon his natural ability to sense the body language and intentions of others, granting him a +2 bonus on Sense Motive checks. In addition, he carries with him the aptitude for this, making Sense Motive a permanent class skill for him regardless of whatever future levels he takes.

Tribal Tattoo: At 2nd level, a Goliath gains one of the many markings that his race is known for. He gains Markings of the Blessed, Marking of the Hunter, Markings of the Magic, Markings of the Maker, or Markings of the Warrior as a bonus feat (see page 142 of races of stone). He does not need to meet the prerequisites for the feat in order to take it.

knightsaline
2007-08-11, 08:48 PM
Can someone build me a Tachikoma for D&D? it has to be pilot able, have MM, spider climb and some sort of camoflage ability at will. Spells from the spell compendium are acceptable as well

Druid_lord
2007-08-11, 09:16 PM
Could you adjust that to be used as a PC?

Thistle
2007-08-11, 11:05 PM
For Druid Lord: Better?

Hunter Racial traits

+4 Str, +2 Con, -4 Cha. Hunters are strong and hard to kill but not very social, if they talk at all.

Hunters are magical beasts, despite thier humanoid appearance.

Medium: As a large creature, a hunter gains a -1 size penalty to Armor class, a -1 size penalty on attack rolls, and a -4 size penalty on Hide checks, but they gain a +4 size bonus to grapple checks, and can use larger weapons that humans use, and their lifting and carrying limits are greater. Hunters only have a reach of 5ft despite their size.

Hunters have a base land speed of 30. A hunter can move this speed while in medium or light armor.

Hunters have darkvision out to 60ft, and low-light vision.

When charging a hunter ignores the first 5 points of hardness of an object.

Hunters are especially vulnerable to critical hits. Increase the multiplier of a critical hit against a hunter by one step.

Hunters can a slam attack that deals 1d6+Str damage.

All hunters have a bonded brother. If they are separated from their bonded companion for more than a day, a hunter takes a -1 penalty on all rolls until they are reunited. A companion who is killed can be replaced with a month long ritual, binding the hunter to another brother.

Level adjustment: +2

Favored class: Fighter

For Knightsaline: I'm not terribly familiar with the Tachikoma (In fact my knowledge is limited to its wiki article) so you'll have to bear with me. I also had no idea what "having MM" meant.

Tachikoma

Large Construct
Hit Dice: 10d10+30 (85hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 40 (8 squares)
Armor Class: 27 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +15 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+12
Attack: Light crossbow +9 ranged (1d10)
Full Attack: Light crossbow +7/+7/+2 ranged (1d10) and launcher +4 (see below) or slam +7 melee (1d8+1)
Space/Reach: 10/5
Special Attacks: Mechanized fire, Launcher
Special Qualities: Piloted, Stable, Spider Climbing, Drive, Spider Jumper, Synchronized, Active camouflage, Rappelling, adhesive string launchers, Low-light, darkvision 60, construct traits
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 16, Con -, Int 14, Wis 9, Cha 8
Skills: Balance 20, Jump 14, Spot 12, Listen 12
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Run
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure:
Alignment:
Advancement:
Level Adjustment:

Combat

Mechanized fire – Mechanics within Tachikoma allow it to instantly reload its crossbow as a free action.

Launcher – A launcher can fire an assortment of things with a range increment of 30 feet. These include acid, alchemist fire, holy water, tanglefoot bags, and thunderstones. A Tachikoma has room for 25 things to be launched and can be restocked by simply purchasing more items.

Piloted – A Tachikoma has a compartment from which it can be piloted. Entering this space is a full round action that provokes an AoO. If the Tachikoma is unwilling to be piloted, it requires the creature wanting to enter to first pin the Tachikoma in a grapple and then take the full round action. When occupied a Tachikoma acts as if dominated. The creature inside takes half of whatever damage is done to the Tachikoma while inside it.

Spider Jumper - Tachikoma were based on jumping spiders. They act as if constantly under the spider climbing spell. Because of its spider like construction Tachikoma gain a +4 racial bonus to resist bull rushes and trips, as well as balance checks and jumping checks.

Synchronized – At the end of every day Tachikoma Synchronized with all other Tachikoma and thus the whole race of constructs has the same memories.

Active camouflage – At will a Tachikoma can gain a +20 racial bonus to hide checks.

Rappelling - Tachikoma can fire adhesive string launchers at any surface up to 50 ft away and use the rope to climb or rappel safely to the surface

Construct traits – Immune to mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, critical hits, ability damage, nonleathal damage, ability drain, fatigue, energy drain, exhaustion. Cannot heal damage on its own.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-11, 11:19 PM
Because I want to see this:
Splinter Cell-style PrC or Base Class?

Paragon Badger
2007-08-12, 12:06 AM
Because I want to see this:
Splinter Cell-style PrC or Base Class?

Since the Base Classes of D20 Modern are incredibly specific.. :-P

Third Eschelon Operative

Prerequisites:

Base Attack Bonus: +4
Skills: Balance +4, Climb +6, Computer Use +8, Demolitions +4, Disable Device +6, Disguise +4, Escape Artist +4, Hide +8, Intimidate +8, Jump +4, Knowledge(Tactics) +6, Knowledge(Technology) +4, Listen +2, Move Silently +8, Navigate +2, Search +4, Survival +2, Treat Injury +4, Tumble +6.

[Seems a bit extreme, but Sam Fischer was, by all means, not what he is in the games without spending the majority of his life in other prestige classes, collecting these skills. ;-)]

HD: 1d8
Action Points: 6 + Half of character's level.
Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Computer Use, Concentration, Demolitions, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(Current Events, Tactics, and Technology), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Treat Injury, Tumble

Base Attack Bonus Progression: 1/2 of Class Levels.
Good Saves: Reflex, Will
Poor Saves: Fortitude
Defense Bonus: (As Martial Artist)
Reputation Bonus: (As Soldier)

Special:
Level 1: Flying Kick (Martial Artist), Weapon Proficiency Exotic (SC-20K)
Level 2: Sweep (Infiltrator)
Level 3: Skill Master (Field Scientist)
Level 4: Defensive Position (Gunslinger)
Level 5: Contact (Investigator)
Level 6-9: Bonus Feat
Level 10: Without a Trace (Infiltrator)

Bonus Feats:
Acrobatic, Alertness, Athletic, Attentive, Cautious, Combat Expertise, Combat Martial Arts, Combat Reflexes, Defensive Martial Arts, Dodge, Endurance, Far Shot, Dead Aim, Focused, Frightful Presence, Gearhead, Improved Damage Threshold, Nimble, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, Quick Reload, Stealthy

Just based on what I know from the games and the wiki entry.

Who would win, Solid Snake or Sam Fischer? ;-) (Big Boss would own both of them, though... at the same time.)

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-12, 12:15 AM
Who would win, Solid Snake or Sam Fischer? ;-) (Big Boss would own both of them, though... at the same time.)
Sam, easily.

Sam:
"Its a box?"
*drops thermals, notes the human-ey outline, and disappears into the shadows without a second thought.*

Snake sneaks towards Sam, thinking Sam never saw through his clever disguise.
Sam drops Snake with an SC-20K shotgun round.

Oh, yeah, and thanks.
But really, how much of Sam's computer use was actually HIS computer use? Isn't it mostly the OPSAT doing the work?

Paragon Badger
2007-08-12, 12:25 AM
Hmmm. That's a good point. :-P

His lockpicking skill owned, though. ^_^

Hmm.

Can you build me a... Jarlaxe Baenre, if you feel like creating/digging up 70 magic items? :smallwink: Artemis Entreri works too.

*stalks away, looking for erotic Artemis/Jarlaxe fanfiction*

(You so know that they've done it at least once. :smalltongue: )

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-12, 01:22 AM
Replace the Computer use with Open Lock, then?
I'm not too framilar with.

Those charecters are from War of the Spider Queen, right?
I left those books in Massachusets.
:smallfrown:

Yeril
2007-08-12, 10:48 AM
Can somone build me a Large Winged lizard with the ability to breath fire, preety much basicly a dragon, but without sorcerer spells, magical abilitys, and intelligence higher than 3, and not as strong or anchient.

Thistle
2007-08-12, 12:17 PM
Maybe not exactly what you had in mind, but it was an idea I had and decided to go with it.

Bombardier Drake

Large Animal
Hit Dice: 4d8+12 (30 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 20 (8 squares) fly 40 (clumsy)
Armor Class: 18 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +8 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+11
Attack: bite +6 melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack: bite +6 melee (1d8+4)
Space/Reach: 10/5
Special Attacks: Improved grab, Bombardier
Special Qualities: Low-light vision
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 1, Wis 13, Cha 6
Skills: Spot +3, Listen +3, Intimidate +4
Feats: Lighting Reflexes, Skill Focus: Intimidate
Environment: Temperate Forest
Organization: Solitary or colony (5-10)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: none
Alignment: True Neutral
Advancement: 5-8 (Large)
Level Adjustment: -

Before you stands a full grown wyvern. You stop short, barely wanting to risk breathing. But the longer you look, the more you think your first impression was off. The tail barb is blunted and short, the claws on its wings not so large as a true wyvern, the scales are more like plates of matted fur, and its most of its teeth are flat and made for eating vegation.

While nearly identical in appearance to the wyvern, bombardier drakes are misnamed. They are not dragons or in fact reptiles at all. It is thought that it evolved to its current form as a way of protecting itself from predators. The Bombardier Drake is actually an herbivorous mammal, having more in common with bats than lizards and all its abilities completely mundane in nature. It does, however, have some surprising defenses.

Combat

Bombardier drakes will more often flee than fight. It will first try to scare them off using intimidate. Should predators be persistent they will use their bombardier ability to detour and blind them, while the drake escapes.

Improved grab – To use this ability, a bombardier drake must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and uses its bombardier ability.

Bombardier – 5/day a bombardier drake can spit two substances up to 20 ft. When combined, they produce a reaction that causes explosive results. The explosion has a 10 ft radius and deals 2d6 damage (Reflex half DC 15, Con based) half of which is fire and the other half bludgeoning. Smoke fills the area as the fog cloud spell (moderate winds or higher dissipate the smoke). Grappled opponents take a -5 penalty on their Reflex save while bombardier drakes have a +5 racial bonus on saves against this ability.

Xefas
2007-08-12, 12:39 PM
Can somone build me a Large Winged lizard with the ability to breath fire, preety much basicly a dragon, but without sorcerer spells, magical abilitys, and intelligence higher than 3, and not as strong or anchient.

(While I was typing this up, it looks like Thistle beat me to it. However, if you're looking for something with a higher CR, then here's my attempt.)

Unintelligent Not-Quite-As-Stong-Or-Ancient Non-Magical Dragon
Large Dragon (Fire)
Hit Dice: 14d12+28 (122 hp)
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), fly 90 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 20 (–1 size, +3 Dex, +8 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+22
Attack: Bite +17 melee (2d6+4)
Full Attack: Bite +17 melee (2d6+4) and 2 claws +15 melee (1d8+2) and tail slap +15 melee (1d8+6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Fire Breath
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., immunity to fire, magic sleep effects, and paralysis, low-light vision, vulnerability to cold
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +10
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 11
Skills: Hide +16, Listen +20, Spot +20, Survival +18
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Flyby Attack, Lightning Reflexes, Multiattack, Track(b)
Environment: Warm hills
Organization: Solitary, pair, or brood (3–6)
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: Triple Standard
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Advancement: 15–19 HD (Large); 20–29
HD (Huge); 30–39 HD (Gargantuan);
40–42 HD (Colossal)

Fire Breath (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds, a UNQASOANMD can breath a 40ft long cone of fire that deals 8d8 points of fire damage.

UNQASOANMDs are cunning predators, if not very bright. They generally lie in wait, hiding their massive bulk by covering themselves in mud, leaves, and debris while pretending to be a particularly lumpy rock or mound of dirt. Once a creature gets close, the dragon will leap out of hiding and charge it's prey. If they try to flee, the dragon will give chase, using the range of its breath weapon to cut down stragglers.

The UNQASOANMDs are inherently attracted to shiny objects, and often pick them off of humanoid corpses that they've roasted while searching for food. They stockpile these objects in a big mound in their lair, attempting to sleep on it if there is enough coinage to supply the surface area. Unfortunately, they aren't smart enough to figure out what magic items are, so while they might by chance acquire a magical sword because it's shiny, they will leave behind scrolls, wands, and other powerful, yet dull objects.

Yeril
2007-08-12, 01:21 PM
Thats awesomely perfect to what I wanted, and I love the name :)

stolenchariot
2007-08-12, 01:48 PM
Could someone build me a massive (Like collossal) emerald serpent with fairly high mental ability scores? i'd like it to be slightly above CR 20, but not uberly epic. I intend for it to be the guardian of the good-aligned elves in my campaign, so if it has any alignmentbased abilities, they should rflect a neutral good creature.

Xefas
2007-08-12, 03:12 PM
Could someone build me a massive (Like collossal) emerald serpent with fairly high mental ability scores? i'd like it to be slightly above CR 20, but not uberly epic. I intend for it to be the guardian of the good-aligned elves in my campaign, so if it has any alignmentbased abilities, they should rflect a neutral good creature.

It's only gargantuan, but perhaps the tales exaggerated its size a bit :smallwink:

Also, I didn't add it directly into the stat block, but he has Fast Healing 6 from feats, and everyone within 20ft of him has to make a DC 19 save every time they want to tell a lie (if they fail, they have to tell the truth). Also, if he crits someone with his bite, they have to make a DC 39 fortitude save or die instantly (devastating critical feat).

Guardian Snake
Gargantuan Magical Beast
HD 35d10+245 (595hp)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); climb 20ft., swim 20ft.
Init: +5
AC 34; touch 14; flat-footed 33
(-4 size, +1 dex, +30 natural, +7 Insight)
BAB +32; Grp +56
Attack Bite +41 melee (3d8+12, 19-20/x2, +poison)
Full-Attack Bite +41 melee (3d8+12, 19-20/x2 +poison)
Space 10ft. by 40ft; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks Poison
Special Qualities Scent, Darkvision, Spell Resistance 25, DR 10/evil and epic
Saves Fort +27 Ref +18 Will +28
Abilities Str 34, Dex 12, Con 25, Int 17, Wis 25, Cha 18
Skills Concentration +40, Spot +34, Spellcraft +35, Knowledge (History) +23, Knowledge (Religion) +23, Knowlegde (Arcana) +23
Feats Great Fortitude(b), Weapon Focus (Bite), Improved Initiative, Improved Critical (Bite), Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Ability Focus (Poison), Overwhelming Critical (Bite), Devastating Critical (Bite), Permanent Emanation (Zone of Truth), Fast Healing, Fast Healing(again)
Challenge Rating 25
Alignment Neutral Good

Poison (Ex): The Guardian Snake's bite delives a potent poison with a DC of 31 that deals 2d6 constitution damage as its primary and secondary damage.
Trample (Ex): As a standard action each round, the Guardian Snake can attempt to trample an opponent of Huge size or smaller, dealing 3d8+18 damage. Those effected can either attempt an attack of opportunity against the Snake at a -4 penalty, OR make a reflex save (DC 34) for half damage.
Spells: The Guardian Snake can cast a number of divine spells from the cleric spell list. The caster level for each spell is 20, and the DC is 17 + the level of the spell.
Number of Spells per day: 6/7/7/6/5/5/5/4/2/1

Thistle
2007-08-12, 04:10 PM
Xefas beat me to it but I'll post anyway.

Ethelinda

Colossal Elemental (Earth, Water, Air, Fire)
Hit Dice: 25d8+200 (312 hp)
Initiative: +17
Speed: 60 (12 squares) fly 60 (perfect), swim 40, burrow 30
Armor Class: 36 (-8 size, + 9 Dex, + 25 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 27
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+50
Attack: Bite +22 melee (4d6+18 plus poison)
Full Attack: 2 Bite +22 melee (4d6+18 plus poison), 2 Slam +22 melee (2d8+18), 4 Tail +22 melee(4d6+18 plus 2d6 fire or cold or acid or eletricity)
Space/Reach: 30ft /50ft
Special Attacks: Coiled Strike, Poison, Constrict, Gaze, Improved Grab, Spells, Multiple Coils
Special Qualities: Darkvision 100, Low-light vision, Elemental Traits, Forest sight, Scent, Blind sight 100, Termorsesene 100, DR 15/-, SR 34, Elemental Fusion, Fast healing 30, Frightful Presence, Woodland Stride, Trackless Step, Protective Coils, Swallow Spell
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +23, Will +16
Abilities: Str 34, Dex 29, Con 26, Int 31, Wis 42, Cha 26
Skills: Climb +40, Concentration +36, Diplomacy +36, Escape Artist +37, Hide +21 (+31 in the Forest), Listen +44, Move Silently +37, Sense Motive +44, Search +38, Spot +44, Survival +44, Tumble +37
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Initiative, Dire Charge, Multiattack, Improved Multiattack, Fly by Attack, Superior Initiative
Environment: Elven lands
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 25
Treasure:
Alignment: Neutral Good
Advancement: -

Created by the elves to defend their homeland Ethelinda is a manifestation of nature, magic, and the balance of elements. She has four tails, one with barbs, one with crests, one with quills, and one normal serpentine one. She has two heads that speak simultaneously.

Combat

Coiled Strike (Ex) – When Ethelinda hits an opponent who is more than 20ft away with her bite attack, she gains a +5 circumstance bonus to hit and deals double damage.

Poison (Ex) – Injury, Fortitude ---, Initial damage 1d6 Str + 1d6 Dex, Secondary damage 2d6 Str +2d6 Dex

Constrict (Ex) – On a successful grapple check Ethelinda deals 4d6+Str3/2

Gaze (Su) – Paralyze 2d10 rounds, 50 ft, Fortitude DC --- lessens to fascinated, The save is Cha based

Improved Grab – To use this ability Ethelinda must hit with her slam or tail attack. She can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action with provoking an attack of opportunity. If she wins the grapple check, she establishes a hold and deal constriction damage.

Multiple coils – Because of her multiple tails and heads, while grappling Ethelinda may still threaten squares, retain her Dex bonus to AC, move, and make attacks against nongrappling opponents. Ethelinda loses one tail or slam attack for every opponent she is grappling. She may also makes opposed grapple checks against as many as six opponents.

Spells – Ethelinda casts spells as a 20 level druid. Save DC is equal to 10+16 Wis mod+spell level. 6/9/9/9/9/8/7/7/7/6

Forest sight – Any naturally occurring forest obstruction (trees, shrubs, natural rain and mist) does not provide cover or concealment against Ethelinda.

Elemental Fusion – Ethelinda is a combination of all elements in balance. She gains all their benefits and none of the drawbacks. As such airborne creatures take a -1 penalty on attack and damage rolls against Ethelinda; Ethelinda gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both she and her target are touching the ground or touching water; Ethelinda cannot be turn or rebuked by clerics of elemental domains; and she is immune to fire, cold, electric, acid, and sonic damage.

Woodland Stride – As druid ability

Trackless Step – As druid ability

Protective Coils – Ethelinda twists and thrashes during combat in a way that protects her people. All allies within 50 feet of Ethelinda are considered to have full cover.

Swallow Spell – Ethelinda may make an opposed attack roll against touch or ranged touch attack spells, as a free action twice a round. If she beats the roll, she swallows the arcane energy and is healed 1d6/spell level.

Ethelinda receives Improved grapple, and Track as bonus feats.

Xefas
2007-08-12, 06:53 PM
Bah, way to show me up royally, Thistle :smallwink:

No, no, it's okay...I'll just crawl back into my hole, here.

Incidentally, I'm rather in need of a feral meerkat swarm...

Eighth_Seraph
2007-08-12, 09:05 PM
I would LOVE a Monk-ish gish with cleric spells.

ZeroNumerous
2007-08-12, 09:25 PM
Assuming 10/14/12/12/16/10..

Human Cleric 10/Sacred Fist 10

Feats - Combat Casting[Human], Combat Reflexes[1st], Improved Unarmed Strike[3rd], Superior Unarmed Strike[6th], Stunning Fist[9th], X[12th], X[15th], X[18th]. My suggestion for the last two feats: Divine Might, Extra Turning, Divine Shield.

18/20 Cleric Casting + Unarmed Strike as a 15th level monk. Pick up a Monk's Belt and it's 20th level monk.

EDIT: Oh, ya, tactics.

Just cast Divine Power and Righteous Might before wading into combat with your fists. Fairly straight forward. Heal yourself if needed. I suggest the Vigor line for out-of-combat healing myself.

Catch
2007-08-12, 09:32 PM
My suggestion for the last two feats: Divine Might, Extra Turning, Divine Shield.

Divine Shield only works if you have a shield. An unarmed, unarmored monk probably isn't going to have one. [/nitpick]

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2007-08-12, 09:43 PM
that would be the Sacred Fist for CD

ZeroNumerous
2007-08-12, 09:44 PM
Divine Shield only works if you have a shield. An unarmed, unarmored monk probably isn't going to have one. [/nitpick]

Amazingly, Sacred Fist does not give Wis-to-AC. You're better off wearing full plate and carrying a shield as per normal Cleric.

Druid_lord
2007-08-12, 10:18 PM
That is perfect for the hunter, thanks!

Ranis
2007-08-12, 11:01 PM
Okay, I'll let someone have fun here-I need a BBEG. I realize this is a tall order, but I thought I'd throw it out here for you.

My BBEG has two forms, ala "And Now You'll See My True Form!!" He needs to be an outsider with at least 32 HD and cast as a 17th-level Wizard, but as a spell-like ability for each spell. He needs to be able to fly/float, and throw whatever else you think would be appropriate of a BBEG for a party of 9 PC's-make sure the CR is about 27-28. This form he is a 5'5" pale white humanoid. Also, feel free to stick 1,700,000 GP worth of item cheese on him. Artifacts are free game.

His second form I would like to be a dragon made entirely out of Force or Shadow Flame, homebrewed as if necessary. This dragon needs to have the Xorvintaal template from Monster Manual V, with the special abilities Deep Breath, Energy Aura, Twist of Fate, and Rejuvination. It needs to have a CR around 35-37.

I am willing to compensate someone for their time in this. :D

RAGE KING!
2007-08-13, 09:48 AM
You mean a racial paragon class? I think I can do that one.

Goliath Paragon
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Intuitive

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Tribal Tattoo

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|+2 Strength[/table]
d10 hit dice
2 + intelligence modifier skill points
Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Craft, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Use Rope

Intuitive (Ex): At 1st level, a Goliath paragon improves upon his natural ability to sense the body language and intentions of others, granting him a +2 bonus on Sense Motive checks. In addition, he carries with him the aptitude for this, making Sense Motive a permanent class skill for him regardless of whatever future levels he takes.

Tribal Tattoo: At 2nd level, a Goliath gains one of the many markings that his race is known for. He gains Markings of the Blessed, Marking of the Hunter, Markings of the Magic, Markings of the Maker, or Markings of the Warrior as a bonus feat (see page 142 of races of stone). He does not need to meet the prerequisites for the feat in order to take it.

HOLY CRAP! THATS LIKE EVERYTHING I WANTED! YES! YOU ROCK! BOOYAH! YOU EARN A CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE!

Thistle
2007-08-13, 06:50 PM
For Xefas

Feral Meerkat Swarm

Tiny Magical Beast (Swarm)
Hit Dice: 8d10+8 (53 hp)
Speed: 30 (6 squares), burrow 5
Armor Class: 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/-
Attack: Swarm (2d6)
Full Attack: Swarm (3d6)
Space/Reach: 10ft/0ft
Special Attacks: Distraction, Moon Devil Bane
Special Qualities: Scent, Swarm Traits, Half damage from slashing and piercing, Low-light vision, Dive for burrow, Poison and acid immunity, Darkvision 80ft, Alpha Leadership
Saves: Fort +good, Ref +good, Will +
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 4
Skills: Spot +14, Listen +13, Survival +6
Feats: Alertness, Ability Focus (Moon Devil Bane), Skill Focus (Spot)
Environment: Hot Plains
Organization: Solitary, Town (2-4 swarms), Colony (4-12 swarms)
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: none
Alignment: N

Combat

Feral meerkats are like normal meerkats in almost all their habits and social structure. The two differences being first, instead of hiding in their burrows they attack the intruder and second, their hatred and abilities against were-creatures (Wiki article mentioned this and I just thought it was so cool). Feral meerkats will attack any intrusive outsider they see (native towns folk are not normally attacked because of food the natives provide the swarm).

Distraction – Any living creature that begins its turn with a swarm in its square must succeed on a DC 15 Fort save or be nauseated for one round. The save DC in Con based

Dive for burrow – Feral Meerkats know to scurrying to avoid damage from things like fireballs and such. When fighting a Feral Meerkat Swarm on its home terrain, they take normal damage for area of affect effects and have the evasion ability.

Moon Devil Bane – Feral meerkats, sometimes called sun angels by natives, are natural enemies to evil lycanthropes. They can always recognize a were-creature for what it is and target it first among a group. Feral meerkat swarms ignore damage reduction granted by the lycanthrope template. In addition if a were-creature takes damage from a feral meerkat swarm they must make a Fort save (DC 17, Con based) or revert to its humanoid form.

Alpha Leadership – Every attack that deals damage to the swarm has a 5% chance of killing the alpha meerkat and cause the swarm to break up.

Skills – Feral Meerkat swarms have a +8 racial bonus to Spot and Listen checks

A monkish cleric for Eighth Seraph.

Pilgram

The pilgrim order, also called the Order of the Walking Staff, abandons the abbey walls, cloistered life, and armor of battle in the search of a higher truth on the roads of the world. For pilgrims there is no better meditation than the endless trek they walk. They travel the roads, teaching and learning from everyone they can. The treading of trails, walking stick in hand, purifies a pilgrims soul and helps them towards enlightenment. But do not mistake them for clergy easily targeted by highwaymen. The pilgrim order knows how to deal with those that block their path.

Hit Die: d8

Requirements: To qualify to become a pilgrim a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Feats: Endurance, Weapon Focus (Quarterstaff)
Spells: Ability to cast the spell Freedom of Movement
Skills: Survival 5, Knowledge (geography) 5, Knowledge (religion) 5
Special: Must have walked on foot 100 miles with a pilgrim, learning from them and using a masterwork quarterstaff as a walking stick.

Class Skills
The Pilgrams class skills are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentraion (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (any) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Speak Language, Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Wis)
Skill Points at each Level: 6+Int

Class Features
All the following are class features of the pilgrim prestige class.

Pilgrim
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Live by your Staff, Wisdom of the Path|

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Knowledge of the Road|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4||

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Healing in the Way|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5|Secret Paths|

8th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+2|
+6||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+3|
+6||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+7/+2|
+7|
+3|
+7||[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Pilgrims gain no proficiencies with any weapons or armor

Spells per day/Spells known: At levels 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9 a pilgrim gains spells per day (and spells known if applicable) as if they had gained a level in a spell casting class they had belonged to before they added the prestige class.

Live by your Staff – A pilgrim’s walking staff is one of they’re prized possessions. It is almost a spiritual extension of them. Losing one requires one hundred miles of ritual travel with a quarterstaff. The infusing of spiritual energy gives the staff powers beyond that of a plain piece of wood used for support. The spiritual conection is not possible when wearing armor.
At first level the staffs base damage increases to 1d8.
At fourth level the staff increases to 1d10 and becomes able to overcome damage reduction -/magic
At seventh level the staff’s damage increases to 2d6. The spiritual energy in the staff allows it to over come damage reduction corresponding to your moral alignment (good or evil). Characters that are neutral on this axis can choose the staff to overcome adamantine, cold iron, or silver damage reduction.
At tenth level when fighting with their staff, a pilgrim can add x2 their Str bonus when wielding it two-handed. When using both ends, you’re off hand uses your full Str bonus. The spiritual energy in the staff allows it to over come damage reduction corresponding to your mental alignment (law or chaos). Characters that are neutral on this axis can choose the staff to overcome slashing, or piercing damage reduction

Wisdom of the Path – A pilgrim gains enlightenment from their travels. This enlightenment shows in many ways. A pilgrim adds his Wisdom bonus as a sacred bonus to AC, attack rolls, Will saves and Wisdom based checks. A pilgrim can only add one point of their Wisdom modifier per level of the prestige class. Thus, while a level 2 pilgrim may have a +4 Wisdom modifier, they can only add 2 points of it as a sacred bonus. A pilgrim can't make use of this enlightenment while wearing armor.

Knowledge of the Road – Along their travels pilgrims pick up tales and knowledge from other travelers. This acts as the bardic knowledge ability and stacks with bard levels to determine what you know. However, pilgrims use the Wisdom and not Intelligence bonus on the check. Characters with bard levels can choose whether to use Int or Wis.

Healing in the Way – When a pilgrim takes a move or run action they gain Fast healing equal to one half their pilgrim level rounded down. Pilgrims can use they’re journeys to purify and restore themselves. To do so requires conscious effort and a declaration of the journeys length and benefit. Whenever a pilgrim walks a 20 mile journey they gain the benefit of a remove Curse, Remove Disease or Remove Blindness/Deafness spell. Whenever a pilgrim walks 50 miles they gain the benefit of a Break Enchantment, Restoration, or Divination spell. Whenever a pilgrim journeys 100 miles they gain the benefit of a Heal, Greater Restoration, or Commune spell. A pilgrim cannot gain benifit from this ability when wearing armor.

Secret Paths – A pilgrim can cast shadow walk and find the path each once a day. Caster level equal to pilgrim levels. A pilgrim cannot use these abilities when wearing armor.

I'm working abit on Ranis' bad guy but can't be sure I'll do it correctly. I don't know the Xorvintaal template, the special abilities Deep Breath, Energy Aura, Twist of Fate, or Rejuvination. But I'll make some guess and you can add those a the end :smallwink:

Xefas
2007-08-13, 07:19 PM
Dang, Thistle, that's perfect! I'm inclined to alter part of my next adventure just to fit some lycanthropes in so the meerkats can have some time to use their ability. Definitly top-notch. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Oh, and I believe Xorvintaal is a Monster Manual 3 template that revolves around a dragon who plays a "game" involving manipulating the races of the world as "pieces" around the multiverse which is the game's "board". Apparently lots of dragons are in on it, and some adventurers spend their entire lives being railroaded around so whoever "owns" them gets the optimum amount of pointage...or something like that.

Ranis
2007-08-13, 07:36 PM
You've got the right idea, and that is what it is, Xefas, but it's definitely a MMV template.

Xefas
2007-08-13, 08:25 PM
You've got the right idea, and that is what it is, Xefas, but it's definitely a MMV template.

Oops, you're right. It's MMV. Also, was it just me, or did not much happen in MMIV? I haven't really found a reason to use anything that was in it...

Karma Guard
2007-08-14, 01:36 AM
This is an awesome thread.

I'm looking for a PrC about protecting another. The person this is for is a Paladin with great Con, and sub-par casting ability. He follows Tyr, and his ward's a Cleric of Ilmater with 9 Str. He's been ordered almost by Tyr himself to protect this guy.

The last thing is that it shouldn't be too hard to get into. I'm already fighting +2 LA already :smallsigh:

Inyssius Tor
2007-08-14, 01:51 AM
Oops, you're right. It's MMV. Also, was it just me, or did not much happen in MMIV? I haven't really found a reason to use anything that was in it...

It wasn't just you. I'll see if I can jog your memory: 36 pages of the spawn of Tiamat. 6 pages of orcs with class levels. 5 pages of ogres with class levels. 5 pages of githyanki with class levels. It goes on like that.

Thistle
2007-08-14, 04:08 PM
Ok. I think I got everything. But I warn you, I'm not always good at judging power level once things hit epic. Enjoy

First Form

Dulus Mamluk

Medium Outsider (native)
Hit Dice: at least 32d8+416 (560 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 60 (6 squares) Fly 160 (good)
Armor Class: (+9 Dex, +40 natural, +14 armor (or +14 insight and +8 Armor in shadowy illumination), +5 Deflection), touch , flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +32/+56
Attack: Claw +62 melee (2d6+30)
Full Attack: 2 claws +62 melee (2d6+30, 19-20/x2)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Spells, Consume Shadow, Damage Reduction 15/epic,
Special Qualities: Shadow Wings, Darkvision 60, Immunity to Illusion effects, Negative energy and fire, Fast Healing 5, Spell Resistance 38, Improved Evasion
Saves: Fort +41, Ref +37, Will +40
Abilities: Str 58, Dex 28, Con 36, Int 34, Wis 34, Cha 34
Skills: Balance +64, Bluff +47, Climb +79, Concentration +48, Diplomacy +47, Disguise +47, Forgery +47, Gather Information +47, Hide +44, Intimidate +47, Jump +79, Knowledge (arcane) +47, Knowledge (planes) +47, Listen +47, Move Silently +44, Search +47, Sense Motive +47, Spellcraft +47, Spot +47, Tumble +64
Feats: Self Concealment x2, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Weapon Focus (Claw), Improved Critical (Claw), Overwhelming Critical (Claw), Devastating Critical (Claw) (DC 50 or die), Combat Reflexes, Spellcasting Harrier, Combat Casting, Improved Combat Casting, Spell Penetration, Improved Spell Penetration
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating: 30
Treasure: Amulet of Health +6, Cloak of Resistance +5, Bracers of Armor +8, Ring of Deflection +5, Ring of Blinking, Boots of Swiftness, Greater Metamagic Rod Quicken, Greater Metamagic Rod Maximize, Artifact (Twilight’s Protection)
Alignment:

Combat

Dulus attempts as soon as possible to use his consume shadows ability. If relatively successful he will then enter combat. If not he will try to keep distance and use spells that lower save (Energy Drain, Fear, Bestow Curse, ect.)

Shadow Wings (Su) – While in an area that has shadows (anywhere but full daylight) Dulus can fly. Though none are visible, Dulus’ shadow has fiery wings

Spells – As 17th level Wizard. Dulus can cast his spells as a spell-like ability (does not require material, verbal, or somatic components, xp, or focuses). He can also spontaneously convert any of his spells into an illusion spell of equivalent level. Dulus knows all spells from the Player’s Handbook and does not need a spellbook to prepare them.
4/7/7/7/7/6/6/5/4/2

Consume Shadow (Su) – As a standard action Dulus can attempt to pull a character’s shadow to himself so long as they are within 50 feet. A Will save (DC 38) negates the effect. On failure the characters shadow connects to Dulus and starts to be consumed. This deal 2d10 damage and 1d6 negative levels (DC 38) negates level lose. Dulus is healed by the amount of damage done and 10 hit points per number of levels lost. Multiple subjects can have their shadows consumed at the same time and the healing stacks. Dulus’ hp can go above its normal limits but no more than twice his max hp. This effect can only be stopped by Remove Curse, similar effects, or the death of Anaxscaccarium.
A character’s shadow is fully consumed after 1 round/character’s HD. Having their shadows consumed requires another will save (DC38) or they come under Dulus’s telepathic control.
Saves are Cha based.

Dual mind – Dulus is host to Anaxscaccarium and as such receives two save against any mind-affecting effect.

Fire within – Upon Dulus’ death his body (and all equipment still on him) is consumed by shadowy fire and Anaxscaccarium is revealed.

Twilight’s Protection – This +6 heavy fortification ghost touch full plate is forged from solid shadow found on the shadow plane. It has the greater shadow and glamered armor abilities. While not in shadowy illumination or complete darkness, Twilight’s Protection armor bonus is treated as a luck bonus.
The armor can manifest claws at will. These are treated as +6 ghost touch, brilliant energy (though they don’t glow and can harm nonliving material), and they deal 2d6 damage. They are considered a creature’s natural weapons and they are proficient in them.
If a creature’s claw attack or unarmed attack would deal more damage than the claws, use that damage instead.

Second Form

Anaxscaccarium

Gargantuan Dragon (extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 42d12+21x42 (1155 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 70ft (14 squares) Fly 300ft (poor)
Armor Class: 102 (110 in shadow) (-4 Size, +6 Dex, +14 armor (or +14 insight and +8 Armor in shadowy illumination), +50 natural, +26 Deflection), touch 38 (52 in shadow), flat-footed 96 (104 in shadow)
Base Attack/Grapple: +42/+82
Attack: Bite +66(4d6 plus 3d6 fire)
Full Attack: 1 Bite +66 melee (4d6+28 3d6 fire), 2 Claws +67 melee (12d8+14 plus 3d6 fire, 19-20/x2), 2 Wings +66 melee (2d6+14 plus 3d6 fire), and One Tail slap +66 melee(2d8+42 plus 3d6 fire)
Space/Reach: 20ft/15ft (20ft for bite)
Special Attacks: Crush (4d6, DC 52), Tail Sweep (2d6, 30 ft, Reflex save half DC 52), Breath Weapon (DC 52), Spells, Spell-like abilities, Deep Breath, Energy Aura, Twist of Fate, Summon
Special Qualities: Dragon Traits, Frightful Presence (DC 53), Damage Reduction 25/epic, SR 50, Of Shadow and Flame, Of Illusion, Blindsense 60, Rejuvenation, Immunity to Illusion effects, Negative energy and fire, A Shadow in Light, A Hidden Shadow
Saves: Fort +55, Ref +40, Will +56
Abilities: Str 67, Dex 22, Con 53, Int 54, Wis 54, Cha 54
Skills: Balance , Bluff , Climb , Concentration, Diplomacy , Disguise , Forgery , Gather Information , Hide , Intimidate , Jump , Knowledge (all) , Listen , Move Silently , Search , Sense Motive , Spellcraft , Spot , Tumble
Feats: Recover Breath x3, Multiattack, Improved Multiattack, Heighten Breath, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Weapon Focus (Claw), Improved Critical (Claw), Overwhelming Critical (Claw), Devastating Critical (Claw)(DC59 or die), Snatch, Rend, Improved Natural Attack (Claw) x5
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating: 40
Treasure: Triple standard plus Artifact (Twilight’s Protection)
Alignment:

Dulus Mamluk is dealt a final blow, and falls on his side with blood trickling from his mouth. His eyes start to become vacant as the spark of life leaves him.
His eyes go dark. He is dead.
But as you watch you see that his eyes are still darkening, as if they were filling with shadow. The blood on his flowing on his cheek ignites with dark flame. His other wounds expel fire and the body is engulfed within seconds. The inferno grows in size and takes shape.
From the corpse of Dulus, a dragon has risen, made of flickering black shadow and blue flame.
The wyrm turns to your party.

Anaxscaccarium is a dragon of the Xorvintaal. He uses illusion and shadow to achieve his ends and has delved so deeply into those subjects it has changed what he is. He can longer stay for very long in the material realm because of his current form. Anaxscaccarium must inhabit a body to stay for longer periods of time in the physical plane. However if the person who is host to him should die, their corporeal form is consumed by shadow and flame and Anaxscaccarium’s true power is unleashed. He prefers using his own claws rather than the +6 claws of Twilight’s Protection.

Combat

During combat Anaxscaccarium will often alternate between full attacks and full attack with a breath weapon. Should he consider the opponents to be too low for his full power he will toy with them. He will consume their shadows (though Dulus will normally have tried to use that ability on party members already) and use spells instead of physical attacks.

Breath Weapon – Anaxscaccarium has two types of breath weapon, a 120 line of fire that deal 45d12fire damage, and a 60 ft cone of shadow energy that deals 45d8 of whatever type of energy damage Anaxscaccarium wants it to.
The cone is actually only partly real illusion and requires a Will save instead of a Reflex (and is not subject to improved evasion). Success reduces damage to 80%.
Anaxscaccarium can do a breath every 1d4-3 rounds, minimum one. Anaxscaccarium can raise the DC of his breath but doing so lengthens the amount of time till he can breathe again by +1/point the DC is raised.

Spells – As Dulus’ ability but Anaxscaccarium casts spells as a level 20 wizard and adds +2 to saves vs Illusion.
10/10/10/9/9/9/9/8/8/8

Spell-like abilities – At will Shades, Energy Drain, Circle of Death, Waves of Exhaustion, Maze, Greater Teleport, Project Image, Mislead 5/day Weird, Finger of Death, Plane Shift, Shadow Walk

Summon – 5/day summon 6 night crawlers, or 12 Nightwalkers or 24 Nightwings

Consume Shadow – As Dulus’ ability but DC 53.

Of Illusion – Anaxscaccarium is not always entirely real. Because of his research into illusion he himself has become shadow stuff. There is a 50% chance that any melee or ranged attack misses as it only hits a part of him that illusion. This is not negated by effects that negate illusion (such as see invisibility and true seeing) as what is real and what is not constantly shifts.

Of Shadow and Flame – Anaxscaccarium’s natural weapons are considered to have the brilliant energy and fire blast weapon abilities (suppressible at will), and are epic for the purposes of damage reduction.
Anaxscaccarium also gains a deflection bonus to AC equal to his Cha modifier.

A Shadow in Light – Every day Anaxscaccarium spends outside the plane of shadow requires a Fort save 10 (plus one per day after the first) or be shunted back. When this occurs he is unable to return one year per day he stayed.

A Hidden Shadow – Anaxscaccarium may perform a ritual on a helpless or willing creature in order to bind his soul to them and thus allow extended stays in the material plane. The ritual takes one hour of uninterrupted concentration and contact. If the creature is unwilling they get a Will save (DC ---) to negate the effect (though Anaxscaccarium could just attempt again. Should the ritual succeed the two minds are entwined and the creature gains stats similar to Dulus Mamluk (I encourage you to make each host to Anaxscaccarium unique in personality and abilities in some way).

Deep Breath

Energy Aura

Twist of Fate

Rejuvination – Anaxscaccarium reforms on the shadow plane but otherwise as the ghost ability of the same name

Ranis
2007-08-14, 05:36 PM
Oh....oh my. This is exactly what I was looking for. You are an absolute saint. I can never thank you enough-I'm so horrible at this. I am in your debt.

Thistle
2007-08-14, 06:35 PM
For Karma Guard and all those lawful barbarians out there.

Sheltering Guardian

Sheltering Guardians are the highest level of protection one could hope for. They are often seen as escorts to important personages. They are completely dedicated to their charges and protect them at all costs.
Guardians are often fighter, monks and paladins with their martial abilities and general dedication. Ex-barbarians make up a surprising number of sheltering guardians as they learn to channel their rage in a controlled manner.

Hit Die: d12

Requirement
To qualify to become a sheltering guardian, a character must fulfill all the following criteria
Alignment: Any lawful
Feats: Combat Expertise, Dodge
Base attack: +6

Class Skills
The sheltering guardians class skills are Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex)
Skill Points at each level: 2+Int

Class Features
All the following are class features of the sheltering guardian.

Sheltering Guardian
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Guardian’s Fury 1/day, Sniper protection, Take the Blow

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Throw to ground

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Guardian’s Fury 2/day, All side defense, Follow Ward

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Block Opportunities

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Guardian’s Fury 3/day, Shelter Charge [/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Sheltering guardian is proficient with all armor and all shields.

Guardian’s Fury – The sheltering guardian’s main way of defending their charge. They exert their determination and will to protect in a perfectly controlled fury. When they enter a fury they choose one person as their charge. The guardian gains a +4 bonus to Constitution, a +2 to Will saves, and a +2 bonus to armor. A sheltering guardian’s charge gains a +2 to their armor class and gains any armor increase the guardian does from the Combat Expertise feat. A guardian’s fury lasts for a number of rounds equal to their improved Constitution. A guardian can enter a fury once per day at first level and they gain another use every odd level.

Take the Blow – Once per day per guardian level, when a charge takes damage that deals more than half their hit points or would kill them, a guardian can make an opposed attack roll so that they take the damage instead.

Sniper protection – While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge gains a +1/guardian level to AC vs ranged attacks.

Throw to ground - While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge gains a +1/guardian level to Reflex saves and gains evasion.

All side defense - While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge cannot be flanked.

Follow ward – While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, a guardian can move a free 30 ft to follow his charge if the charge moves during their turn. Moving can still provoke attacks of opportunity.

Block Opportunities - While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge gains +1/guardian level to AC vs attacks of opportunity

Shelter Charge - While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge gains partial concealment (20% miss chance) against all attackers.

Special: An ex-barbarian who takes levels in this prestige class can again progress in the barbarian class, though they may still not rage. An ex-barbarian gains additional uses of the guardian's fury ability equal to the number of times he could rage if he were still a barbarian. If the ex-barbarian had greater rage they gain +6 to Constitution, +3 to Will saves and +3 to AC. If the ex-barbarian had tireless rage their fury last 3+their improved Con modifier. If the ex-barbarian had mighty rage they gain +8 Constitution, +4 to Will saves, and +4 to AC.

Ex-Sheltering Guardians – Sheltering guardians that stop being lawful cannot progress in the prestige class and they are no longer able to go into a guardian’s fury. Barbarians that become chaotic again do not gain extra rages/day from a guardian’s fury/day.

Edit:

Oh....oh my. This is exactly what I was looking for. You are an absolute saint. I can never thank you enough-I'm so horrible at this. I am in your debt.
It feels nice to be appreciated. :smallbiggrin:

Karma Guard
2007-08-14, 08:11 PM
That's pretty darn awesome, Thistle. Not to mention it'd be strikingly IC for my dude to take the class X3

I'm impressed :3

D Knight
2007-08-15, 02:26 PM
Hey all I am in need of a crystal or metal that can channel magic (arcane and divine) as though it was cast on the out side of the building or other such creation. That has a low cost to obtain or create.also i need a matrix that holds magic indefinalty and can not be disspelled short of 4 wishes. Plz help I stink at this stuff.

stolenchariot
2007-08-15, 04:56 PM
For Karma Guard and all those lawful barbarians out there.

Sheltering Guardian

Sheltering Guardians are the highest level of protection one could hope for. They are often seen as escorts to important personages. They are completely dedicated to their charges and protect them at all costs.
Guardians are often fighter, monks and paladins with their martial abilities and general dedication. Ex-barbarians make up a surprising number of sheltering guardians as they learn to channel their rage in a controlled manner.

Hit Die: d12

Requirement
To qualify to become a sheltering guardian, a character must fulfill all the following criteria
Alignment: Any lawful
Feats: Combat Expertise, Dodge
Base attack: +6

Class Skills
The sheltering guardians class skills are Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex)
Skill Points at each level: 2+Int

Class Features
All the following are class features of the sheltering guardian.

Sheltering Guardian
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Guardian’s Fury 1/day, Sniper protection, Take the Blow

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Throw to ground

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Guardian’s Fury 2/day, All side defense, Follow Ward

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Block Opportunities

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Guardian’s Fury 3/day, Shelter Charge [/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Sheltering guardian is proficient with all armor and all shields.

Guardian’s Fury – The sheltering guardian’s main way of defending their charge. They exert their determination and will to protect in a perfectly controlled fury. When they enter a fury they choose one person as their charge. The guardian gains a +4 bonus to Constitution, a +2 to Will saves, and a +2 bonus to armor. A sheltering guardian’s charge gains a +2 to their armor class and gains any armor increase the guardian does from the Combat Expertise feat. A guardian’s fury lasts for a number of rounds equal to their improved Constitution. A guardian can enter a fury once per day at first level and they gain another use every odd level.

Take the Blow – Once per day per guardian level, when a charge takes damage that deals more than half their hit points or would kill them, a guardian can make an opposed attack roll so that they take the damage instead.

Sniper protection – While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge gains a +1/guardian level to AC vs ranged attacks.

Throw to ground - While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge gains a +1/guardian level to Reflex saves and gains evasion.

All side defense - While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge cannot be flanked.

Follow ward – While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, a guardian can move a free 30 ft to follow his charge if the charge moves during their turn. Moving can still provoke attacks of opportunity.

Block Opportunities - While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge gains +1/guardian level to AC vs attacks of opportunity

Shelter Charge - While in a guardian’s fury and standing adjacent to their chosen charge, the charge gains partial concealment (20% miss chance) against all attackers.

Special: An ex-barbarian who takes levels in this prestige class can again progress in the barbarian class, though they may still not rage. An ex-barbarian gains additional uses of the guardian's fury ability equal to the number of times he could rage if he were still a barbarian. If the ex-barbarian had greater rage they gain +6 to Constitution, +3 to Will saves and +3 to AC. If the ex-barbarian had tireless rage their fury last 3+their improved Con modifier. If the ex-barbarian had mighty rage they gain +8 Constitution, +4 to Will saves, and +4 to AC.

Ex-Sheltering Guardians – Sheltering guardians that stop being lawful cannot progress in the prestige class and they are no longer able to go into a guardian’s fury. Barbarians that become chaotic again do not gain extra rages/day from a guardian’s fury/day.

Edit:

It feels nice to be appreciated. :smallbiggrin:

Mind if I use this as well?

Thistle
2007-08-15, 05:41 PM
To Stolenchariot: Sure. Go ahead. I made it to be used. :smallsmile:

To D Knight: I’m not sure what you mean by “holds magic”. Do you mean like a spell storing item, a rod of absorption, an item that makes the spell held in it permanent till dispelled or mean something else entirely? As a note, I think anything that requires 4 wishes :smalleek: to dispel the magic held in it would probably be an artifact of some kind or at least a very high level item.
But moving on.

Fey Crystal

Fey crystal, also known as jade amber, is a material made from the hardened resins of trees and crystallized nectar of certain flowers. It can be as supple as leather or as hard as steel, depending on how it was boiled, worked and cooled.
Fey crystal can be made into any weapon or armor that can normally be made from leather, metal, or wood. Fey crystal is not metal, so a druid can wear armor made of it.
While wearing armor or wielding a weapon (of at least one handed size) made of fey crystal, a spellcaster can cast spells as though they were outside and in a natural environment (example: entangle, call lighting). The armor or weapon mystically creates anything lacking in the current environment (such as plants for the entangle spell or wind and rain for the call lighting spell). This does not diminish a weapon or armor’s effectiveness in combat. However, any spell that gains benefit from the crystal cannot extend to more than 30 feet away from the caster (this applies to things such as target, range, and area of effect)
Armor or weapons made of fey crystal cost x2 their normal cost, or 100 gp, whichever is greater.

wadledo
2007-08-15, 06:20 PM
This is kind of odd and is not needed right away, but is anyone here a Parrott Head?
Because I would love a Jimmy Buffett based PrC.
Maybe a variant of the arcane trickster with more Bard and a Water/Air movement?

In fact, just a PrC keyed for the Bard would be great.

Edit: This whole thing is for a medieval musical world, so roll is kind of out of the question (though rock isn't).
Thank you for anything in advance, You're all great.

Druid_lord
2007-08-15, 09:15 PM
can someone build me an eladrin built for PC usage with an LA of +4 or lower.

D Knight
2007-08-15, 09:40 PM
To Thistle: sorry my thought were a mess and yes i ment spell storing. and thanks for Fey Crystal it will help me greatly in my current work. oh and thanks for the fast responce i thouht i had a day to wait and u proved me worng big time. thanks aging

Druid_lord
2007-08-23, 12:24 PM
bump bumpity?

Yeril
2007-08-25, 08:03 AM
can you build me... A two handed bludgeoning hammer.

Yami
2007-08-26, 02:34 AM
Would the lucerne hammer suffice?

lucerne hammer; 10 gp, 10 ft. reach, 12 lbs, 1d10 Blunt with x2 crit or 1d8 Peircing with x3 crit damage. Can be set against a charge.

Theres also always the greatclub, thought I've never really cared for it.

Matthew
2007-08-26, 06:27 AM
Yeah, a Great Hammer would simply be:

Two Handed Martial Weapon

Great Hammer
Cost: 25 Gold Coins
Damage: 1D12
Critical Range: 20/x3
Damage Type: Bludgeoning
Weight: 6-9 lbs

Ekeralos
2007-08-26, 06:06 PM
Can someone build me a variant necromancy system? I find the need for black onyxes to be tedious, and since many zombies don't survive that long, a necromancer is better off using save-or-suck spells. I'm considering a blood point system (based on the Con of those who you kill in combat), and the requirement of a soul or somesuch, in addition, in order to raise more powerful undead. I also feel that creating undead above your allowed HD should not be allowed by just relinquishing control of your old undead (and controlling them with rebuking).

D Knight
2007-09-02, 06:16 PM
hey this might sound odd and crazy but i am in need of a dire squirrel stats. the reason being it might be fun to enlarge it and let it loose on some PC or have as a compaian. if there is already a dire squirrel where will it be.

stolenchariot
2007-09-03, 09:45 PM
Can anyone build for me a variant of paladin combining the paladin of Tyrany with this (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=761045) paladin variant? I'd like the ability to heal/ inflict wounds to be interchangable despite alignment, the restrictions to be LG or LE, and that's about it. Feel free to tweak or change anything as you see fit.

Satyr
2007-09-04, 02:52 AM
hey this might sound odd and crazy but i am in need of a dire squirrel stats. the reason being it might be fun to enlarge it and let it loose on some PC or have as a compaian. if there is already a dire squirrel where will it be.

Dire Squirrel
Size/Type: Small Animal
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Speed:30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-4
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 4
Skills: Climb +11, Hide +8, Jump +11, Listen +4, Move Silently +4, Spot +4
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse (Bonus)
Environment: Woods
Organization: Solitary, couple or pack (11-20)
Challenge Rating: 1/3
Treasure: Some welll hidden nuts
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 2-3 HD (Small); 4-6 HD (Medium)

Dire squirrels use their Dexterity modifier for Climb and Jump checks.

Actually, they are nothing but a more cute and treedwelling kind of dire rats.

deshrimp
2007-09-04, 09:22 AM
Hi. I'm looking for a time mage PrC. I've been having trouble developing my own, and the ones i've found are decent at best. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

lumberofdabeast
2007-09-04, 10:51 AM
Would someone smarter about DnD than me kindly make me a Nobody template? Being a Kingdom Hearts fan would probably help...

littlechicory
2007-09-04, 06:59 PM
Would someone smarter about DnD than me kindly make me a Nobody template? Being a Kingdom Hearts fan would probably help...

I don't think a template would be efficient. For the lesser Nobodies (Dusks and the like), separate species/races with a Nobody subtype would be more appropriate. There are no real standards to go by for the Organization, since every member is unique (I AM trying to stat out Zexion's Lexicon as a viable weapon, though, because that was freaking awesome).

And now the KH nerd in me is going to sit down and try to brew up some playable Dusks...

RAGE KING!
2007-09-08, 05:45 PM
can somebody build me a 3-5 level PrC that focuses on breaking stuff? I was thinking one of the prerequisites would be rage, and they would get destructive rage. Thnx

littlechicory
2007-09-11, 03:05 PM
I'd like to see d20 stats for Longcat.

Karma Guard
2007-09-11, 10:48 PM
Hi. I'm looking for a time mage PrC. I've been having trouble developing my own, and the ones i've found are decent at best. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

What kind of things are you looking for in the PrC? Time magic, ala FF? Or other types of time-like stuff? There's a monk PrC called the Zerth Cenobite that has time-sort-of-related abilities, including punching people out of the timestream and Dimension Door as a SLA. It's in the XPH.

For the mage, you might want to look into Delay Spell and Quicken spell being a part of it, as well as things like giving Dimension Door as a SLA for the mage and maybe letting him knock people out of the timestream with certain spells? If I didn't have stuff already on my plate, I'd be more helpful, but it's a start. v(._.)v

I'd go for either Abberation or Outsider, a personalized weapon, a step towards neutral and a constant protection against emotional effects (like Calm Emotions on all the time), plus one random subtype chosen at creation by DM/Player consensus, with the appropriate Control Whatever and Command Whatever as SLAs. (Or Darkness/Greater Darkness as appt.)

But that would be only for high-order Nobodies like OXIII. The rest of them would be, as littlechicory said, complete creatures.

I've actually got some barebones stats for them all somewhere; I could dig them up if you want. I have some tenative class levels for the whole of OXIII, but nothing solid and useable.

Logic
2007-09-11, 11:49 PM
My brother, Jewish_Joke, drew an awesome picture of a Knight riding on the back of a giant dragonfly.

The request: A giant dragonfly, with the possibility of it being a mount.

Cogwheel
2007-09-12, 05:46 AM
EDIT: Oh, and I believe Xorvintaal is a Monster Manual 3 template that revolves around a dragon who plays a "game" involving manipulating the races of the world as "pieces" around the multiverse which is the game's "board". Apparently lots of dragons are in on it, and some adventurers spend their entire lives being railroaded around so whoever "owns" them gets the optimum amount of pointage...or something like that.

AKA the "draconic DM" template.

Also, could someone please make me a dwarven warmage gish? Emphasis on zappage, but he needs to be able to do some hammer-fighting too. Inspired by and uses the siege tank quote from Starcraft (for those of you who haven't played the game, it refers to the unit doing area damage)- "I'm about to drop the hammer, and dispense some indiscriminate justice!"

jjpickar
2007-09-12, 02:33 PM

Here you go! I made it a while back and I do love to advertise.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36658

blackout
2007-09-12, 03:29 PM
I'm looking for a Marine base class, based on the UNSC Marines from Halo. And, if possible, a SPARTAN II prestige class. Kthx. :smallbiggrin:

stolenchariot
2007-09-12, 06:54 PM
Could someone make me a bard prestige class that focuses on flag dancing (Inspird by my gf in color guard)

shaddy_24
2007-09-12, 10:25 PM
My brother, Jewish_Joke, drew an awesome picture of a Knight riding on the back of a giant dragonfly.

The request: A giant dragonfly, with the possibility of it being a mount.

From the Arms and Equipment Guide, page 90:

Giant Dragonfly
Large Vermin
Hit Dice 3d8+3 (16 hp)
Initiative +1
Speed 20 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
AC 14 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +4 natural)
Attack Bite +5 melee (1d8+6)
Face/Reach 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Qualities Vermin, darkvision 60 ft.
Saves Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 13, Int -, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills Hide -3, Spot +7, Survival +7
Environment Temperate and warm aquatic and marsh
Organization Solitary, pair, or swarm (5-20)
Challenge Rating 1
Treasure None
Alignment Always neutral
Advancement 4-6 HD (Large); 7-9 HD (Huge)

Raiders and bandits who ride flying vermin prefer giant dragonflies to other mounts. They're less aggressive than wasps but more so than bees. They also make a distinct thrumming sound in flight that strikes fear into common folk.
Raiders prefer to use female dragonflies, since males are very territorial. A giant dragonfly is 10 feet long with a 10-foot wingspan. Its body is only 2 feet wide.
Training a Giant Dragonfly: Training a giant dragonfly as a mount requires a successful Handle Animal check (DC 30). Giant dragonfly effs are worth 500 gp on the open market. Professional trainers charge 300 gp to tame a giant dragonfly.
Riding a giant dragonfly requires an exotic saddle. A giant dragonfly can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check.
Carrying Capacity: Light 300 lb., medium 600 lb., heavy 900 lb.

Karma Guard
2007-09-13, 01:21 AM
I really need to know if there's a 1/2BAB Warlock variant. A more wizardy one.

Because I thought they did have 1/2. v:smallfrown:v If there's not, I can make one, I guess, but I'd rather alter one that's already closer to it.

Logic
2007-09-13, 01:22 AM
From the Arms and Equipment Guide, page 90:

Giant Dragonfly
Large Vermin
Hit Dice 3d8+3 (16 hp)
Initiative +1
Speed 20 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
AC 14 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +4 natural)
Attack Bite +5 melee (1d8+6)
Face/Reach 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Qualities Vermin, darkvision 60 ft.
Saves Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 13, Int -, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills Hide -3, Spot +7, Survival +7
Environment Temperate and warm aquatic and marsh
Organization Solitary, pair, or swarm (5-20)
Challenge Rating 1
Treasure None
Alignment Always neutral
Advancement 4-6 HD (Large); 7-9 HD (Huge)

Raiders and bandits who ride flying vermin prefer giant dragonflies to other mounts. They're less aggressive than wasps but more so than bees. They also make a distinct thrumming sound in flight that strikes fear into common folk.
Raiders prefer to use female dragonflies, since males are very territorial. A giant dragonfly is 10 feet long with a 10-foot wingspan. Its body is only 2 feet wide.
Training a Giant Dragonfly: Training a giant dragonfly as a mount requires a successful Handle Animal check (DC 30). Giant dragonfly effs are worth 500 gp on the open market. Professional trainers charge 300 gp to tame a giant dragonfly.
Riding a giant dragonfly requires an exotic saddle. A giant dragonfly can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check.
Carrying Capacity: Light 300 lb., medium 600 lb., heavy 900 lb.
I even own that book. He. :smalleek: Embarrasing.

littlechicory
2007-09-14, 04:04 PM
I'd go for either Abberation or Outsider, a personalized weapon, a step towards neutral and a constant protection against emotional effects (like Calm Emotions on all the time), plus one random subtype chosen at creation by DM/Player consensus, with the appropriate Control Whatever and Command Whatever as SLAs. (Or Darkness/Greater Darkness as appt.)

Actually... :smallconfused: That works, and still provides all the flexibility necessary for the Organization. *doodles sketches for a World that Never Was setting with PC Nobodies and NPC Organization...*

I have some tenative class levels for the whole of OXIII, but nothing solid and useable.

Who doesn't? :smallbiggrin: And was your Marluxia an NE druid, too? :smallwink:

Karma Guard
2007-09-14, 05:41 PM
Who doesn't? :smallbiggrin: And was your Marluxia an NE druid, too? :smallwink:

Actually he was one of the ones I didn't come up with classes for. He probably does have a level or 3 :V

For some reason, me and my friend decided that they all had psionics (probably because it made them stand more apart from the people who were somebodies :V).

Demyx was a a Psion/Ectopic Adept with as many 'spam astral constructs' abilities we could come up with. Axel was either a Psionic Warrior or Soulknife /Pyrokineticist. Larxene was Lurk/Elocator. Luxord ended up with Zerth Cenobite because most time skills are so high-level, and that was the easiest one. Looking now, he's probably a good Illusionist/whatever the psionic equivalent is. v(._.)v

I still need a 1/2 BAB Warlock variant. :I Or even a Sorc/Warlock-thing.

blackout
2007-09-15, 12:45 PM
I'm looking for a Marine base class, based on the UNSC Marines from Halo. And, if possible, a SPARTAN II prestige class. Kthx. :smallbiggrin:

:smallbiggrin: ..........