PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 feat - archery based

jdizzlean
2017-08-22, 07:12 AM
IIRCC there's a feat that allows you to add 1d6 dmg to a shot taken at least 30 feet above your target, but I can't find it now...

Can someone tell me the name of that? I'll figure out the source once I have that, thanks.

Palanan
2017-08-22, 07:47 AM
This is Plunging Shot, p. 99 in Heroes of Battle.

Seems like an extremely situational feat, but I suppose it could be useful for, say, an elven archer who sets up ambushes from the treetops.

Ethernil
2017-08-22, 07:50 AM

Seems like an extremely situational feat, but I suppose it could be useful for, say, an elven archer who sets up ambushes from the treetops.

Raptoran or dragonborn archer.

Elrak
2017-08-22, 07:55 AM
I'd suggest to have a look at the Archery handbook (Please Google "Toxophilite - The Archery Handbook" or search on these forums as I cannot add links yet to my posts) for some inspiration on D&D Archery.

Darrin
2017-08-22, 09:18 AM

It's also in Races of the Wild (p. 152).

It's not all that situational if you can get a fly speed. In most cases, flying archer vs. non-flyers = dead non-flyers. For mostly-mundane archers, I generally recommend going Dragonborn of Bahamut to get some flight capability. If you're human, you can lose one of your existing feats (tower shield proficiency, heavy armor proficiency, etc.) rather than your human bonus feat. If you're a human ranger, you can lose Track and also swap Endurance for Dragon Tail/Dragon Wings.

Thurbane
2017-08-22, 05:50 PM
I'd suggest to have a look at the Archery handbook (Please Google "Toxophilite - The Archery Handbook" or search on these forums as I cannot add links yet to my posts) for some inspiration on D&D Archery.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?269705

jdizzlean
2017-08-22, 09:28 PM
i have a specific thing in mind, and this works great for it, but thanks :)

i did read thru that handbook, but i think this might be an unthought of use for what i'm intending...

I considered a 1 lvl dip into scout, but that is only w/in 30 feet. Distance is better :)