PDA

View Full Version : Evil Cleric ideas

hifidelity2
2017-08-22, 07:37 AM
So a bit of help for an evil (Follower or Lolth) Cleric – (Its a homebrew world with ideas etc taken from a lot of sources )

My previous character died and I chose not to be resurrected so introducing a new character – an Evil Cleric – A Drow

Will be 8th Level and will have access to PHB, The Drow Book and the Complete Divine

Never done any optimisation but DM will allow “some” so thought I would ask for ideas here

Ta

Inevitability
2017-08-22, 07:49 AM
When you say 'the drow book' do you mean Drow of the Underdark?

Also, would your DM allow either lesser drow (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040215a&page=2) or savage progression drow (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a)? It's freely available online on the official WotC site, but it's not in one of the books you listed. If your DM lets you play as one, don't hesitate to do so: the two levels you lose by being a regular drow aren't worth it.

Another good cleric tip is to not prepare healing spells, but buy Wands of Lesser Vigor instead. Between battles, you can use a few charges to heal your teammates very efficiently, without having to use your own precious spell slots. If your DM won't let you buy these things, consider Wands of Cure Light Wounds. Remember to ask your party members to contribute to the wands' cost: the whole party will benefit from the items after all.

Finally, on the subject of build suggestions, a cleric 5/master of shrouds 10/thaumaturgist 5 build is a powerful and versatile summoner I could recommend playing.

Zordran
2017-08-22, 02:03 PM
Yathrinshee, because when were you going to be able to do that?

Inevitability
2017-08-22, 02:45 PM
Yathrinshee, because when were you going to be able to do that?

Yathrinshee is a pretty good way to horribly gimp yourself if you're not optimizing just right, and even then it's only worth it for niche builds. Also, it's completely impossible if you want to worship Lolth.

hifidelity2
2017-08-23, 06:57 AM
When you say 'the drow book' do you mean Drow of the Underdark?

Also, would your DM allow either lesser drow (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040215a&page=2) or savage progression drow (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a)? It's freely available online on the official WotC site, but it's not in one of the books you listed. If your DM lets you play as one, don't hesitate to do so: the two levels you lose by being a regular drow aren't worth it.

Another good cleric tip is to not prepare healing spells, but buy Wands of Lesser Vigor instead. Between battles, you can use a few charges to heal your teammates very efficiently, without having to use your own precious spell slots. If your DM won't let you buy these things, consider Wands of Cure Light Wounds. Remember to ask your party members to contribute to the wands' cost: the whole party will benefit from the items after all.

Finally, on the subject of build suggestions, a cleric 5/master of shrouds 10/thaumaturgist 5 build is a powerful and versatile summoner I could recommend playing.

I do mean Drow of the Underdark (sorry at work and no access to the books)
The DM will not allow anything he does not have books for
As for the -2 levels - the DM will ignore that (so I will be a 8th level Drow (rest of the party is between 8th and 9th- made up of a Barbarian/Paladin, Fighter/Expert, a Wizard and a Sorcerer/ Thief ) - yes I know some of these are not a bit strange (and there will be no issues with the Paladin and Drow working together - they will be told by their respective deities to do so)

Magic items are rare but I should be ale to get CLW wands

As for the build suggestion a cleric 5/master of shrouds 10/thaumaturgist 5 having not use the prestige classes before is that not a
20th level character ?

daryen
2017-08-23, 08:16 AM
As for the build suggestion a cleric 5/master of shrouds 10/thaumaturgist 5 having not use the prestige classes before is that not a
20th level character ?

He is giving a full 20 level progression, so you will know the future levels to take. In your case, for eighth level, you would be Cleric 5/Master of Shrouds 3. When you gain ninth level, you would take another level of Master of Shrouds. And so on.

Celestia
2017-08-23, 08:56 AM
It's not build advice, but since you're a drow, don't forget the lesbians. :smallwink:

hifidelity2
2017-08-25, 07:30 AM
He is giving a full 20 level progression, so you will know the future levels to take. In your case, for eighth level, you would be Cleric 5/Master of Shrouds 3. When you gain ninth level, you would take another level of Master of Shrouds. And so on.

Ahh I understand - cheers