PDA

View Full Version : Enchanting warforged plating

MoogleMcGee
2017-08-22, 05:33 PM
I haven't been able to find much information concerning the topic of enchanting a warforged in 3.5 so here I ask.
1:Does a warforgeds plating have a value to work with here?
2: How would I go about figuring up the prices of said enchants?
3: My player made a warforged dragonfire adept. What enchants would be best to suggest to him.
4:When would enchants get to be out of hand?

Thanks in advanced. This has been bugging me for about a week. Maybe I'm just blind or my googlefu is just that rusty.

Edit: Thanks for the quick reply. Now I'm having trouble with another player claiming that the warforged can't wear shoes or a belt. I was under the impression that the only things off limits were robes and armor, but gloves/bracers/belts/shoes/pants/headgear were all okay.

ZamielVanWeber
2017-08-22, 05:43 PM
1) No.
2) It would be the normal cost of enchantment. For armor it is total enhancement bonus ×1000 + miscellaneous.
3) I would not worry too much about AC personally. Some of my favorite enchantments are greater blurring (followed closely by gleaming) and soulfire but those are both spendy. If he takes the feat that gives him armor spikes he can use that to put defensive weapon enhancements on his armor. Do remember that ASF from his warforged plating applies to his DFA invocations.
4) As long as your are not doing a +1 armor with +9 enhancements and then grabbing a +1 Bracer of armor and then slapping +7 enhancements on that (from an A&EG variant rule) you should be okay.