PDA

View Full Version : Elfblade (Ary Faern Kerym) in 3.5 changed

Omey26
2017-08-23, 01:45 AM
dispel magic 3 times/day(cormanthyr empires of elves 2e) ....in 3.5 it says it has greater dispel magic(lost empires of faerun)....i think it is so weak for an artifact and it should be like antimagic field 3 times/day i have read that 2e dispel magic is like antimagic field and dispel magic (3.5)in one spell.... (antimagic field dont dispel effect only surrpress magic effects but it protects from magic and negate)what do you think ?,it should be changed?...Grater magic dispell for and antimagic field 3/day (both are same magic level) (sorry my bad english)

Uckleverry
2017-08-23, 06:20 AM
Giving it anti-magic field would kind of defeat its purpose. It's supposed to be wielded by a powerful arcane caster. If you're in an anti-magic aura, you can't cast spells. Greater dispel magic fits the flavor of the artifact much better than anti-magic field.

Elkad
2017-08-23, 07:18 AM
If you want to boost it but keep the flavor, just make it Greater Dispel (targeted) on successful hits as well. First strike per round, or even on every strike.
Keep the daily uses as well for Area and Counterspell (or even make them at-will, standard action).

Omey26
2017-08-23, 08:24 AM
Elfblade is an arifact it can be surpressed by a antimagic field