PDA

View Full Version : Character concept

lunasson
2017-08-23, 01:49 AM
I've got an idea for a character but have no idea how to make it work mechanically. I want the character to be a nice normal guy, nothing out of the ordinary. But on occasion, he just completely blacks out, Norman Bates style. He might turn out to be a master martial artist or something else completely random. Anybody have any ideas?

Rynjin
2017-08-23, 02:33 AM
What system? If Pathfinder the Vigilante was basically made for this.

In general though, you can make a character like this by just...not using any class abilities until he "blacks out".

lunasson
2017-08-23, 02:40 AM
What system? If Pathfinder the Vigilante was basically made for this.

In general though, you can make a character like this by just...not using any class abilities until he "blacks out".

That's actually quite simple, thank you. I guess I was just over complicating things

Mr Adventurer
2017-08-23, 02:57 AM
PHB2 Barbarian alternate class feature, Berserker Strength (it's not that great though)

ShurikVch
2017-08-23, 08:06 AM
Maybe, possession by some fiend?
The fiend can choose whether the possessed creature retains awareness of its body’s senses and actions, in which case it can mentally communicate with the fiend, or simply blacks out for the duration of the control.
If the fiend wishes, it can cause the victim to lose consciousness as a standard action (no save).