PDA

View Full Version : Downtime projects

Meepwizard
2017-08-23, 07:26 AM
I plan on using my wizard in a big arcane downtime project however the dm hints that some world ending thing could happen if we ignore everything; however, the party hasn't been given much of hint that such a thing will happen, so would my wizard go off and work or stay, and adventure. Or at least think of a code name because "project: mountain" seems obvious

Project:building a weaponized mountain base

Solunaris
2017-08-23, 07:34 AM
Well, you need to ask yourself a question. Does your character have any reason to believe that his in-action will cause a massive problem? If the answer is no, then you need to ask if your character would abandon his party to go off on his own to work on his project. If the answer is yes, then you either need to find a way to motivate your character to stay with the party or hope the DM drops a better hint about the end of the world.

Otherwise, perhaps you just roll up a new character as your wizard decided to stop adventuring.

Aett_Thorn
2017-08-23, 07:47 AM
"There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!"

So the DM hinted that there might be some sort of world-ending event if your Wizard goes off to do his own thing for a bit? Respond with that. It's freakin' D&D. There's always some sort of threat to the entire multiverse going on, but sometimes you just need to create a weaponized mountain.