PDA

View Full Version : First second Tier Game

ZorroGames
2017-08-23, 08:34 AM
Mid-game because DM was an hour late in Mines of (?) Mulmaster. Four 5th level players (two used downtime gift from DM to push them over edge from 4th.)

Warlock, Wizard, companionless :smalleek: Ranger Beastmaster and my Mountain Dwarf Monk. Desperately seeking animal companion Ranger actually... :smalleek: bummer nothing was available for him despite presence of "animals" - no spoilers.

Wizard was imperiled multiple times in first part of adventure (no spoilers) and Wizard/Warlock at start of second adventure but we made it to where I could role play my Dwarf character instead if just hit things (again, no spoilers) and now the even more dangerous part starts.

Clearly second tier is multiple power jump and not additive in nature. Our Spellcasters had to up their game and managed that but both commented on the threat level to such. No details because it would involve spoilers.

If third tier is a logarithmic/powers type jump as suggested, I am unsure what 4th tier might be. Assuming we ever get there in AL play.

Will post in another thread on the information on the new upcoming campaign in September that we discussed after the game. Sounds like a conundrum for us 2nd tier players.

Perhaps not surprisingly I went down mid melee (felt I could not disengage and imperil NPC but no more on that lest it be a spoiler) but survived despite the situation (60 hps damage on a 43 hp frame.)

Tough but the roleplay aspect is more noticable so it was very enjoyable.