PDA

View Full Version : Error in the comic?

cbarrett76
2017-08-23, 12:02 PM
So in 1085 and 1086 the vampires approach the door to the temple and try to get in. I wondered why they didn't trigger the trap Haley discovered so I went back to look. In those comics there are no steps leading up to the door and no trap but in the recent comics we see the steps and the trap on the second to top step. Is this a continuity error or are they trying to get into different doors?

Gift Jeraff
2017-08-23, 12:04 PM
The vampires are inside the tunnels of the Dwarven Lands already. They teleported so they didn't have to enter through a gate.

Grey_Wolf_c
2017-08-23, 12:08 PM
There is more than one entrance to the temple. One from the town proper (underground), and one to the outside so the priests can go check the weather. That the latter one would have better defences makes sense, since it is not expected to be used by the regular public.

GW

Peelee
2017-08-24, 01:20 PM
More continuity errors: there's no snow anywhere, and there's even some sort of stone roof above them in. So many things!

Jasdoif
2017-08-24, 02:57 PM
More continuity errors: there's no snow anywhere, and there's even some sort of stone roof above them in. So many things!o_o! I thought that was just a custom texture pack....

Peelee
2017-08-24, 03:04 PM
o_o! I thought that was just a custom texture pack....

Huh. That's a good point. Does the Class and Level Geekery thread have any info if the vampires bought the DLC?

DaggerPen
2017-08-26, 02:10 PM
There is more than one entrance to the temple. One from the town proper (underground), and one to the outside so the priests can go check the weather. That the latter one would have better defences makes sense, since it is not expected to be used by the regular public.

GW

It's also possible that the clerics saw the vampires outside the underground door, couldn't open it for obvious reasons, and went around back quickly to add some defenses there so at least one of the entrances would be more secure.

137beth
2017-08-30, 02:06 PM
One of the dwarves in 1094 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1094.html) says they are at the back door, and that the vampires failed to get in the front door, indicating that the door Roy, Haley, and Belkar approached was different from the one HPoH approached.