PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone encountered a quote like this?

danzibr
2017-08-23, 07:16 PM
I like to put quotes from famous people up on my wall. I've had a thought for some time, and I'd bet someone more eloquent than I had a similar thought, and expressed that thought in word. Anyway, it's something like this:

The single most important, and most difficult, thing to keep in mind at all times is every single person is human.

Jay R
2017-08-23, 07:54 PM
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
-- Margaret Mead

I prefer to combat the “I'm special” feeling, not by the thought “I'm no more special than anyone else,” but by the feeling “Everyone is as special as me."
-- C. S. Lewis

The first step in the evolution of ethics is a sense of solidarity with other human beings.
-- Albert Schweitzer

Cozzer
2017-08-24, 05:26 AM
"There's a lot of different evils, but they all start the same way: by seeing people, even if it's yourself, as things".
- Terry Pratchett (through the mouth of Granny Weatherwax), Carpe Jugulum.

BWR
2017-08-24, 07:07 AM
"[...I know] There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings and I hate people like that."
Tom Lehrer

AuthorGirl
2017-08-26, 07:00 PM
“Do you know what the definition of insane is? Yes. It’s the inability to relate to another human being. It’s the inability to love.”
― Richard Yates, Revolutionary Road

scalyfreak
2017-08-26, 08:01 PM
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.” -
Mahatma Gandhi

I think I interpreted OP's thought differently than everyone else here... :smallsmile:

Goodkill
2017-08-26, 08:52 PM
the way you paraphrased the quote is pretty good. you could just quote yourself.

PrismCat21
2017-08-29, 08:29 AM
I think this will do nicely.

"Spock, you want to know something? Everybody's human." - Captain James T. Kirk

Serpentine
2017-09-01, 12:00 PM
Some that might be vaguely similar that Google helped me find:

“When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.”
― Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life

“I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks.”
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

“You are who you are when nobody's watching.”
― Stephen Fry

“People are too complicated to have simple labels.”
― Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

“When we're connected to others, we become better people.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

I find people to be people everywhere. Everyone wants the same thing - be successful. Edward Whitacre, Jr.

“Everyone's crazy, but few show it.”
― Hannah Vandegrift

“Everyone living is doomed”
― Taylor Caldwell

“This world was meant to be shared by everyone.
What I want to ask is, "What happened?”
― Anthony T. Hincks

“If I have to mourn for only ONE person,
Then I choose EVERYONE.”
― Anthony T. Hincks

“Everyone has a gift.
It's up to you to decide what you do with it.”
― Anthony T. Hincks

“Until you see beauty everywhere,
in every face,
until then,
you are blind.”
― Kamand Kojouri

“If you can love one person, you can love everyone.”
― Kamand Kojouri

“Everyone has it's own great triumph, has he own story with sadness, madness and reverses. That's how we are build, few are the people which share their story, most cases because of shame.”
― Deyth Banger

“There is a lesson to be learned from everyone you meet”
― Charmaine J. Forde

“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”
― Mother Teresa

“There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human- in not having to be just happy or just sad- in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time.”
― C. JoyBell C.

“We're all islands shouting lies to each other across seas of misunderstanding.”
― Rudyard Kipling, The Light That Failed

“I'm just another stupid human.”
― Markus Zusak, I Am the Messenger

“We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

“Most of us must learn to love people and use things rather than loving things and using people.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

“There is no such thing as a weird human being, It's just that some people require more understanding than others.”
― Tom Robbins

“We are all equal in the fact that we are all different. We are all the same in the fact that we will never be the same. We are united by the reality that all colours and all cultures are distinct & individual. We are harmonious in the reality that we are all held to this earth by the same gravity. We don't share blood, but we share the air that keeps us alive. I will not blind myself and say that my black brother is not different from me. I will not blind myself and say that my brown sister is not different from me. But my black brother is he as much as I am me. But my brown sister is she as much as I am me.”
― C. JoyBell C.

Also, I'm SURE I've heard something along the lines of "People is people all over", probably either in a movie or a book, but I can't find it.

Marillion
2017-09-01, 09:59 PM
“If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility.”

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Cozzer
2017-09-05, 08:42 AM
Ooh, another one by Pratchett!

“It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people.”