PDA

View Full Version : Lich Becoming Ghost?

Dragonexx
2017-08-23, 11:05 PM
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/2015/12/final-form-cat.jpg

But more seriously. Just an idea I had kicking around. Lich is killed, and returns as a ghost in the next round for the second phase of the fight. **** move or cool idea?

SangoProduction
2017-08-23, 11:17 PM
But more seriously. Just an idea I had kicking around. Lich is killed, and returns as a ghost in the next round for the second phase of the fight. **** move or cool idea?

I mean, why not. Many interesting bosses have "Enrage" mechanics.

ATHATH
2017-08-23, 11:36 PM
Perhaps implement the multiple-stage stuff from the Two Orcs Method series of articles (I think the form-changing stuff is from the Elemental Boogaloo one)?

Crake
2017-08-24, 12:17 AM
You could have a similar effect by just having the enemy be a ghost to begin with and "phase 1" is just the ghost having possessed someone.

Inevitability
2017-08-24, 01:05 AM
You could have a similar effect by just having the enemy be a ghost to begin with and "phase 1" is just the ghost having possessed someone.

In fact, the ghost could even have possessed a lich!

you randomly
2017-08-24, 03:25 PM
as I recall there is a variant of lich which has to possess people to continue its life but as of right now I can't remember the name

Psyren
2017-08-24, 04:38 PM
Perhaps implement the multiple-stage stuff from the Two Orcs Method series of articles (I think the form-changing stuff is from the Elemental Boogaloo one)?

You mean this?

The Orc Is Two Orcs (http://theangrygm.com/return-of-the-son-of-the-dd-boss-fight-now-in-5e/)

Thurbane
2017-08-24, 11:08 PM
In the Tomb Of Horrors, Acererak has a Ghost-like form as well as his Demi-lich form.

Crake
2017-08-24, 11:16 PM
as I recall there is a variant of lich which has to possess people to continue its life but as of right now I can't remember the name

The dracolich possesses dragon corpses near it's phylactery when it dies, and slowly transforms them into it's own normal form over a short period of time.

KillianHawkeye
2017-08-25, 03:44 PM
I suppose it could work if the Lich has already lost its phylactery. Otherwise, the whole point of the phylactery is to hold the Lich's soul in a safe place while a new body forms.

you randomly
2017-08-25, 09:00 PM
The dracolich possesses dragon corpses near it's phylactery when it dies, and slowly transforms them into it's own normal form over a short period of time.

iwas thinking more Suel Lich (Dragon #339)